[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there seriously no reason to own this? I want to become a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: XboxOneMain-1200-80.png (600 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
XboxOneMain-1200-80.png
600 KB, 1200x675
Is there seriously no reason to own this? I want to become a full idort but honestly it doesn't seem to have any exclusives besides Halo.
>>
Idort here. Avoid it. It really is a Halo machine. I'd sell it but I never bought it to begin with so I might as well keep it.
>>
Halo 5, Oni and the Blind Forest (think it's just a console exclusive), Scalebound, and Crackdown are the only exclusives that come to mind. I'd just as soon use that money and put it towards a PC, honestly
>>
>>332111636
>Is there seriously no reason to own this?

Not anymore.

I mean Halo is alright but it isn't really a system seller. Gears and Killer Instinct made it over to PC, Forza Horizon's probably going to follow too...
>>
It's a fine device if you don't have a vidya PC. Most Xbox games are also on PC, so yeah.
>>
>>332111636
The only good reason to get this is the price but say goodbye to any jrpg and hello to Halo and GoW
>>
>>332111636
I heard it was a good Netflix and multimedia machine

And Sunset Overdrive is quite fun apparently

I would't buy it though.
>>
I haven't owned an Xbox since the original

Are you telling me there hasn't been jack shit in almost 14 years?
>>
>>332112053
There's many console-exclusive games for Xbox, it's just that they're all being ported to PC.
>>
>>332112142
I honestly don't care for PC

Primarily because I can't use it on the TV without having a shitload of wires and thats if the game doesn't get screen tearing on my TV.

I honesty prefer sitting on my chair with my 50 inch LED 4K.
>>
>Sunset Overdrive
>Every Halo
>Forza
>Crackdown
>Quantum Break without W10
>>
>>332112672
2/5 of those are shit.
>>
So what would be the proper price to buy an Xbone ?
>>
>>332111636
Scalebound looked ok at first, but I don't like RPGs, so I don't care.
Crackdown looks ok.

KI is the reason I bought one, and since it's hitting PC this week, I sold mine.
>>
There are a lot of console exclusives if you are just looking at consoles. Most of them have to do with guns. If you are debating between this and a pc, pc has most of those exclusives besides halo not to mention all the other options and perks by gaming on a pc.

Objectively pc is always the best choice.

Subjectively you may have personal reasons why you enjoy gaming on a console. Some people like how streamlined it is. The couch experience (though steam link is an okay option for that).

Some people just like a dedicated device for gaming or have friends on a console like ps4 and xbox one.

It may also be convenient for you if you like streaming apps and use Skype regularly. (smart TV that also plays games).

If you are looking for couch Co op xbox has options but not many. Wii u may be more up your alley if you want something to play when people come over to chill.

If you have a sizable xbox 360 library it is cool to have those slowly playable on xbox. Especially your digital titles that just magically appear. Though I should say most of the big titles have frame rate issues which is pretty disappointing though they are apparently working on that.

In the end you know what your gaming needs are. No one else can tell you what you want and what's best for you.
>>
>>332113727
>Steam link
>runs worst then it would on your PC
>Gaben wants you to beta test a product for full price
Fuck steam link.

And I really just want console exclusives like I said I haven't been around for it since Original Blinkz, Jet set radio were the shit

Seems as though Microsoft doesn't care about them anymore though so I guess its a dead console.
>>
>>332111636
No. I bought one and I regret it, to me it's slightly better than PS4 because that would have been just for Bloodborne and with the xbone there's been four games. Still not worth the purchase at all
>>
I'm actually getting an Xbox One in two weeks, and here's why:
>backwards compatibility with more and more 360 titles
>better overall experience in terms of UI and Live
>Crackdown, Halo, Gears, Tomb Raider, all the multiplatform games, indies, Forza, Sunset Overdrive (which seems to be shit, but I'll try it anyway since it's dirt cheap these days)

Mind you, I don't have a gaming PC. I had a PS4 and got rid of it. Its exclusives are just not for me. I don't get triggered as much by 900p as Sony people believe. It's a fucking non issue. Just play and enjoy your goddamn games.
>>
Finally owning an xbone paid off, you can get dark souls 3 early and it's the full English version
>>
>>332114592
>Crackdown
looks like a early ps3 game
>Halo
Gets boring after a while seriously. Its kinda shocking how CoD of all games has surpassed it but I suppose its still your typical arena shooter
>Tomb raider
Already coming to to Playstation and on PC
>indies
If thats your thing Ori is all I want
>Sunset overdrive
Look good

I mean really their exclusives are doing worst then Nintendo's and those are going down in quality to.
>>
>>332114848
>shit framerate
>no online
>more expensive
And I've heard it's the prepatch version with different placements
Rather just wait a few weeks for the better version senpai, but I agree, it's a good feeling knowing that the xbone is useful for something cool, even if I'm not buying it
>>
>Have the oppurtunity to own an Xbone till E3 then return it if I see they don't plan on doing shit with it
>Can buy it for 250

Should I go for it?
>>
>>332115072
Well considering I live in Australia it actually was cheaper than eb games which is selling it for $109.95 for the apocalypse edition
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.