[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't necessarily want a remake of this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 24
File: Resident_Evil_2.jpg (195 KB, 1000x1454) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_2.jpg
195 KB, 1000x1454
I don't necessarily want a remake of this.
>>
>>332109771
if it's REmake tier quality - great
If it sucks, I still have the original
>>
why?
>>
>>332109771
I'd actually like to see them incorporate removed ideas like the shutters.
>>
>>332109771
It'll be worth it to see Sherry wearing boots and a fur-trimmed coat too big for her.
>>
I don't know what's worse, the fact that they might go over the shoulder RE4 style QTE filled action bullshit, or that theres a lot of people, even on this site, that WANT them to.

Still, if it's done in the style of REmake, it's going to be the greatest fucking game of all time.

Fingers crossed.
>>
>>332110102

/thread
>>
>>332109771
I didn't want REmake but it ended up being the best RE
>>
What do you think they could add that would genuinely improve the game? I don't mean just changing puzzles around or adding extra story bits or characters, but like mechanics wise.

You think they'll keep crimson heads and self-defense weapons? Maybe bring over a tweaked version of the infection meter from Outbreak?

Customizable weapons could actually be cool, assuming you had to risk going to dangerous optional areas to get the parts. That's be a cool risk / reward kind of thing.
>>
>>332109771
REmake turned Chris into the easy mode and Jill into the hard mode. a RE2make would be quite the trip.
>>
>>332109771
Claire looks so fucking cute, that slight chubby face is best.
>>
>>332109771

Capcom should include finished RE 1.5 from that 80% or whatever build as a bonus content.
>>
>>332114091

Claire looks QT as hell in every game, which is why Revelations 2 Claire was so fucking revolting. It's like she's 30 years and 10 lbs of meth older.
>>
>>332113743
>Chris into the easy mode and Jill into the hard mode

?
>>
>>332113597
They probably won't do the infection thing because canon is they never get hit. I think Crimson heads makes some sense, but you really don't spend a lot of time in the pd which sucks. And do you mean more than just Leon's custom weapons?
>>
>>332109771
I do, fuck you
>>
Why do people like 2 so much? I don't hate it, but it didn't stand out much to me compared to others. Maybe I'd like a remake more.
>>
>>332114484
Chris is a killing machine, with like a 15% chance to crit shot with the pistol. You can basically kill everything in the mansion and still have handgun bullets left over
>>
>>332114396
This.
>>
>>332114578
When did you play it? It is one of those things where if you didn't play it when it came out it is hard to get as worked up over you know?
>>
Remember when Capcom still made good games? I miss those days?
>>
>>332114693
Not necessarily true. I've played it for the first time ~2 years ago nostalgia free and fell in love right away.
>>
>>332114501

Yeah, like the guns could have slots, and you can swap parts in an out at workbenches or something to give them different attributes. Like maybe you can give your shotgun longer range, or higher decapitation chance, or faster firing speed or something.

And then the parts would be in places you'd have to go out of your way to get to, and guarded by dangerous stuff. Maybe there's a bit of plot squirreled away in those areas as well, like journal entries or something, just so they don't seem so isolated.
>>
>>332114693

Yeah I played it pretty late. 1 and 3 were my first.
>>
I don't necessarily give a shit.
>>
>>332114501
>because canon is they never get hit
I thought they were still riding on the "10% of people are immune" bit.
Think about it; even if Rebecca or Barry die or are not rescued in RE1 or REmake they don't get zombified. Ada takes a bloody pounding and gets penetrated by Mr X and G and doesn't get infected. The T-Virus is waterborne and in addition to all the fluids everyone comes into contact with in all the games: Leon lies facdown in a sewer with it and a bullet wound and he doesn't get infected.Sure that makes SOME sense for Jill since she avoids infection in RE1 but gets infected in RE3 but that's a different virus variant.
>>
>>332114423

She actually looked alright in the ending with that haircut but well...haircut.
>>
>>332115181
I wouldn't really like that idea too much. Like, it worked in revelations, but I think it would be a bad fit for a mainline game you know?

Also, there IS story related parts that could make that work, Chief Irons made them scatter weapons and ammo around the stations so "terrorists" couldn't get them.

>>332115296
That can be the cause, to be fair though, 3 is my all time favorite. Still play it every year.

>>332115385
I figured it was because the virus wasn't hot/with ada she leaves and could also have gotten the cure that they gave to sherry you know? Also that Leon bit is false, he sits in that hallway with the bullet wound, not the sewer.
>>
>>332115385

You're overthinking it big time.
>>
>>332115385
If you think about Rebecca and Barry, it seems to take DAYS for you to turn.

And things being water born only matters if it enters via wounds or something like the mouth or eyes, which won't happen because they don't get touched.
>>
Nobody cares what you want or don't want.

I know a lot of you homofuck faggots think you're getting REmake 2 but you can bet your ass it's going to play more like 4 or 6.
And /v/ will cry and while and bellow like soft pansies they are that the "good old days" are never coming back.
I sincerely hope you fags start killing yourselves.
I know a lot of you are in your late 20s/early 30s fat, balding and will NEVER have kids because women have to hold down their lunch when they see you in public.
Fuck off die already you fucking queers.
>>
>>332115710

Yeah but the problem with it in Revelations was that 1. It already had shitty RE4 style over the shoulder combat, meaning all of the upgrades were boring as hell "+damage, +capacity, +reload speed" kind of stuff. I'm not suggesting that you should be able to upgrade your gun to be all-powerful through sheer statistical brute force, just that you can specialize it for certain parts of the game or situations.

The other reason it sucks in Revelations is there's too damn many of them. I'm suggesting there should only be a couple for each weapon, so that each upgrade part feels meaningful. Like a metroidvania style feeling of "I went and explored this area over here and got this awesome thing".

Idk it still might not work, I'm just spitballing.
>>
>>332109771
Then dont buy it moron. I want my RE2 remake and im getting it and after that they should do 3. Fucking Code Veronica too down the path.
>>
>>332109771

Remake it in third person like RE4
>>
>>332116719

NO

RE4BABBY GET OUT

GO

LEAVE THIS PLACE AND NEVER RETURN
>>
>>332116856

>Someone who likes the new ones must be a babby

Jesus you're a retard. you can like both at the same time you autist
>>
File: 50375.jpg (70 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
50375.jpg
70 KB, 720x960
>>332116064
You're more edgy than Steve
>>
>>332116971

If you liked both, you wouldn't be suggesting to turn the old games into the new gears of war style bullshit, now would you?

Suggest this shit all you want for RE7, but if you come near my fucking RE2 you're getting cut, bitch nigger.
>>
>>332115710
>I figured it was because the virus wasn't hot/with ada she leaves and could also have gotten the cure that they gave to sherry you know?
But even if she could find the cure Annette made: that's only a cure for the G-Virus, Mr X's beating would infect her with the T-Virus.

>Also that Leon bit is false, he sits in that hallway with the bullet wound, not the sewer.
No not when he's shot. Leon goes slogging through the sewer after he's shot. After the supergator he dives or falls down into it. Ada certainly didn't cauterize the wound when she did get around to treating him.

>>332115730
I can't say that I feel assessing the viruses like a Biohazard is over-analyzing.

>>332116003
>If you think about Rebecca and Barry, it seems to take DAYS for you to turn.
Well that's always varied. Supposedly Vickers turned within a single day, Forest had to turn in about 24 hours, but Marvin and Ed couldn't have taken very much over a couple hours.
>>
>>332109771
Then don't play it when it comes out. It's that simple
>>
How well does the original work in emulator?

I remember trying it once and there were graphical issues. Is that still the case or can it be played now?
>>
>T-virus infection rates and immune system discussion
Please no, it's a video game. They didn't have anything in mind besides the old 'if it didn't happen in a cutscene, it's not canon!' defense.
>>
>>332117637
I actually want an RE game with something like that now.

You know how many games that have infection? A lot. How many actually put that into gameplay? Very few.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>>332117636
Just play REmake in dolphin, or buy the REmake/Zero collection off steam if your PC is good enough. The original is only worth it if you want a good laugh or see how much of a difference there was between the two.
>>
>>332117829
You'd have to design the game carefully around it, otherwise you end up with a Dragon Quarter catastrophe.
>>
Do you think RPD would have survived hadn't Irons fucked them over with the whole door locking and ammo scattering shit?
>>
>>332117636
You could play Deadly Silence on DS. It's a DS port of the PS1 edition. Plus you can touch Jill's tits and ass.
>>
>>332117885

No, I want to play RE2, not the first one
>>
>>332117885
The mansion looked mildly modern in the orignal, now in REmake it's an old dump. The lab literally became a basement.
>>
>>332118024
I know. It's rather tricky to pull off well though I still think Extermination did it somewhat decently.
>>
But you don't necessarily want a sequel to RE6 either.
>>
>>332113042
>don't know what's worse, the fact that they might go over the shoulder RE4 style
>might

I'm impressed you're so deluded as to even consider they won't. Revelations 1 & 2, 5 and 6, Mecernaries 3D - Do you think they're gonna go back on the formula that has made them so much money? RE4 to 6 blow Classic RE sales out of the water. 6, shitty as it was, is Capcom's best-selling game of all time. Their REmake and RE0 re-releases have a "modern controls" mode that was clearly not designed for the game's encounters and makes avoiding enemies a lot easier than it should be

It's possible there could be a "classic mode" with fixed cameras, but it will be a bit of an afterthought and markedly inferior to the main controls
>>
>>332117885
>Just play REmake in dolphin

That's fucking shit advice no one should ever give when the PC ports are perfectly fine.
>>
>>332118539

You can't just let me enjoy holding onto hope while I can?

You have to come in here with your reality shit and make me all cynical before we've even seen or heard anything at all about the game?

Fuck, dude. I bet you're a hit at parties.

Just let me pretend for a while longer, goddamnit.
>>
>>332118205

Mildly, and also inconsistently so. It looked like several people designed the two main wings according to different people's desires. What's with all the fucking wall papers?
>>
>>332118101
Sorry, thought you meant the first. But yeah, almost all PS1 games should emulate without much trouble and it also has a PC release, which has somewhat better performance and visuals.

In terms of every version of RE 2 with visuals and extras (costumes, modes)
PC > Dreamcast > GC > PS1
>>
>>332119096
Considering the mansion was pretty much meant to be a death trap I don't think they cared much.
>>
>>332118826

RE2 is the most action-packed of all RE games. It almost makes RE4 look like an understated, reasonably-paced game. You have 200 handgun rounds 10 minutes into RE2 and you get so much ammo you can wipe out every enemy in the game, on any difficulty, and still have a truckload of ammo left (discounting possible arrange modes)

RE2 is a perfect fit for their new action-focused direction. Because that's what it always was: RE1's aiming and control system tacked onto an "action thriller" experience. It will not lose any atmosphere from getting RE4-style controls because it's a killfest to begin with
>>
>>332119191
Don't you need one really specific, japanese-only release of the PC version for it to even run on modern systems at all though? Emulator is probably the way to go for RE2.
>>
>>332113042
those people arent old enough to have played the original
>>
>>332119336

You're thinking of RE3.

Anyway the fixed camera angles are important for much more than just aiming and combat, they build tension and atmosphere, something the later RE games lack entirely. Not knowing what's lurking around the corner or what's making that weird noise is part of what makes the fixed cameras great. In RE4+ you can't even be surprised because you can see everything coming a mile away.
>>
>>332119439
>Modern PCs
I always kept my XP toaster around for a reason, don't feel like jumping through hoops on my Win8 machine to play old games. I know emulators exist but when the PC version of a 1-2 decade old game is the best version, I rather do that.
>>
>>332119439

They made a proper pc version, the sourcenext, but it's all gook and never patched in english.
>>
>>332114832
Pepridge Farms doesn't even remember that.
>>
>>332112132
explain ?
>>
>>332119761
Right, that's the version I'm talking about.
>>
>>332113042
I want it. Resident Evil 4 was a great game and playing this in that style would be really fun. Sorry you hate fun. The old design of the games is insanely boring. It's not remotely scary anymore because I'm an adult and it's hard to derive any joy out of it anymore. I can run past all the enemies because I'm not shit at video games and there is never really any tension or things.

I can understand if you say things like "I want the puzzles to be good again" but I cannot see a single reason or argument for wanting the shitty camera that limits gameplay back.
>>
>>332119907

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Raccoon_City_Police_Department_%28BIOHAZARD_1.5%29

>The police department was designed in a very modern fashion with shutter controls fitted in various places to tackle the threat of rioters. They would find much use holding back zombies.

They just scrapped it and left some nonsensical remnant in the windows.
>>
>>332120127

I'll be 31 in three weeks and I still can't play REmake without being tense. RE1 scares me as much as Bugs Bunny Lost In Time.

RE2make will be a literal bloody mess, just imagine when Kendo is mutilated with proper graphics, and crimson heads literally turning into lickers if you don't kill them, because that's what scientifically happens.
>>
>>332120195
nice one. thank you
>>
>>332120127
>I like Generic Action Game 5: The Actioning, please give me more Industry-senpai~~!

The scary part is that soon people like this will be filling positions of leadership, power, and responsibility across all sectors around the world.
>>
>>332120127
Hell even Fatal Frame benefited from it when I replayed 2, and that one still spooks me with the original. I want to play a Silent Hill 3 with a RE4 style camera.
>>
>>332120427
It doesn't even have to be "an action" game. The perspective works in games like Fatal Frame and just allows for better controls. It's not "good" to make the game "tense" by having shitty controls. Not to mention nothing you said invalidates how absurdly easy the game is because it's limited control scheme with insanely slow zombies.
>>
>>332120195
that part where they break through the windows still shit me up when i played it years ago. that looming dread
>>
>>332120127

The fact that retards like you who hate RE have been dictating the direction of the series since 4 instead of playing a different series is WHY there's so much demand for a RE2 remake in the FIRST FUCKING PLACE.

People WANT old school RE back because it's gone off the fucking rails thanks to people like you.

Now whether Capcom correctly interprets the demand for RE2 remake as "we want old school RE back" or not remains to be seen, but if you don't like the old school style, why the fuck are you even participating in this discussion?

Everyone who loves RE1-CV just wants you to fuck off already.
>>
>>332115385
I always figured Wesker made STARS immune to it so he could guarantee securing the Tyrant / testing its abilities.
>>
>>332120746
This.
>>
>>332120746
If anything you and people who hold your mindset are the minority. The sales, reception and general consensus has proved that the old formula you cherish is archaic and deserved to be replaced by what we have now. Nostalgia aside RE1-CV are shit in comparison to any of the later titles. There's no reason to play them when you have a game like RE4 and similar games that play like it. I hope the remake for 2 bombs, it'll prove to Capcom that people like you aren't worth wasting their money and resources on.
>>
File: 1452092996876.jpg (179 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
1452092996876.jpg
179 KB, 650x366
Unfortunately its all but confirmed that the game will be a RE6 quality remake with how Capcom has been making games recently

I hope its REmake quality but I just hope its not garbage.
>>
>>332120558

It works in Fatal Frame because they're fucking ghosts and can literally appear at any time from anywhere.

It wouldn't work with physical monsters because you would see them the second you walk into a room and there would be absolutely no tension.

Do you even think about why game designers make these decisions or do you just go "I LIKED <THING>, <THING> SHOULD BE IN EVERY GAME!"?
>>
File: eat-shit.jpg (222 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
eat-shit.jpg
222 KB, 900x600
>>332121330

The BOW were created for military purposes. Inject the virus into a prisoner, send him back, watch as he kills the entire militia and causes a shitstorm. It certainly backfired but that was the idea, it's documented.

He called STARS in there first because he a. needed the best battle data he could get and they were the best and b. he needed to get rid of the best cops because he saw the shitstorm coming. Irons was corrupted, not an issue.

>>332121583
>>
>>332121583

Well guess what fuccboi. Capcom sees the writing on the wall, and that's why they're doing this. There's far better shooters out there than the shit that was RE4-6 and REV1&2 and they KNOW that if they keep churning out generic action bullshit, people are going to stop caring.

Especially now with Survival Horror being dead, they see that they can bring it back and corner the market just like they did for fighting games with SF4, and this is the first step.

Prepare to be bounced right the fuck out of the club.
>>
>>332121745
I'm just here to say I loved the FPS/first person controls in FF2.

But I agree with what you said, not every horror game needs the same controls of static/ dynamic camera angles. How about we just hope the genre as a whole is revived soon? Because I'm giving up hope, lads.
>>
>>332122047

You were wrong in replying in detail.

RE6 is the proof you can't just fucking shoehorn zombies in RE4 and it'll work.

He and everybody like him thinks we never saw RE6.

>But RE4 was better

Nostalgia, RE6 is by far the most competent shooter of the modern trilogy of shit, the best if we include the Revelation titles too. It's like being declared the winner of special olympics anyway.
>>
FREEZE! PUT YOUR FAT COCKS WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!
>>
>>332122312

Yeah, it's one of my favorites.

Hopefully whatever Kojima's making turns out good. At least it's less likely to trigger the plot nazi me now that it can't be related to Silent Hill.

I'm just so sick of subsisting on no-combat indie first person jumpscare riddled running away simulators.

Please god, give us a real survival horror game. Fatal Frame V was okay but the chapter structure really hurt the pacing and tension.
>>
File: 1458781555179.jpg (63 KB, 450x315) Image search: [Google]
1458781555179.jpg
63 KB, 450x315
>>332122659
[Spoiler]I would but I don't wanna get laughed at for being 6 inches uncut AND banned after[/spoiler]
>>
>>332122047
They're just using people like you to get a few extra dollars in their pocket, you AREN'T the target audience anymore and you never will be again. They'll churn out RE2, get a few bucks from you then continue with RE7, and considering RE6 sold a shitload, they'll maintain that formula, since it's BETTER and more FUN than the shit you gobbled up when you were a child. Survival horror is long dead and it won't be revived anytime soon.
>>
File: addictive brain response.jpg (124 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
addictive brain response.jpg
124 KB, 720x540
>>332122709

They only had to port Outbreak 1 and 2 to all online-capable platforms, and maybe add a few new rooms in an outbreakish 3 dlc, even p2p online would work because it's a small rooms type of game.

I really do not understand why they let it die the way it did, it makes no sense.

>>332122964

It's fun to you because there's no challenge. Pic related is you, also the reason stealth genre is dead. You can't take anything that requires to slow down the pacing and plan shit, you just want to gun blaze through and qte packs of rotten fags.

But don't feel bad, you are indeed the majority, proof is gaming has long since been dead, and the few times we see anything good is because it takes from the past.
>>
>>332120746
I don't want old school RE back at all. I want RE4 back. Revelations 2 was a step in the right direction. Stay mad.
>>
>>332122964

Well if they're SO MUCH BETTER and sell SO MANY MORE COPIES then why are they bothering with this at all? Seems like a lot of trouble to make a few bucks from people who aren't even the target audience, and, according to you, a huge minority.

You'd think they would just go ahead with 7 instead of testing the waters with REmaster, Zero Remaster and RE2 Remake.

You're one illiterate fucker if you can't read the writing on the wall.

But hey don't worry, the new Gears of War will be out soon, so you can go play that and never come near RE again.
>>
>>332121745
Tension is not created by bad camera angles. Games like Amnesia have tension and it's not due to shitty controls but just good game design.
>>
>>332109771
Then don't play it you FAGGOT
>>
>>332122473
>I KNOW THAT THE NEW RE SERIES IS SHIT
>6 IS THE BEST

Good to know people like you are just legitimately retarded.
>>
>I miss terrible controls and terrible camera!
>>
>>332123446
The game that automatically makes you progress if you fail a couple of times has good game design?
>>
>>332123248
>Stealth that consist of fucking waiting for shit to go by and be in the right configuration
>Fun

I bet you thought TLoU was an amazing game.
>>
>>332122659
Will she look like this in the remake?
>>
>>332123421
RE6 is the best selling games in the series. Your opinion is invalidated.
>>
>>332123575
Then you shouldn't be playing Resident Evil at all. And before you argue, there have been 7 Resident Evil games with this exact formula, think about that for a moment.
>>
>>332123546

Learn to read, idiot. He said RE6 was the best of the new REs, not the best period. His point was that RE6 is better than RE4 and that people should stop riding RE4's nutsack, but they're all shit.
>>
File: 30933269.jpg (222 KB, 613x910) Image search: [Google]
30933269.jpg
222 KB, 613x910
>>332123706
Cute. Hopefully.
>>
>>332123248
The stealth genre is dead because it wasn't fun, classic RE is dead because it wasn't any fun. I know change is hard to accept, especially positive change like what RE4 brought forth, but artifical challenge through shit controls and camera angles aren't necessary to make a game anymore.
>>
>>33212364
>332123647

I haven't played a ND game since Uncharted 2, nor do I plan on ever doing it. And, I'm not a hardcore stealth fan, I just admit I am not up to the challenge if the game is tough and even try to get good or move on, I don't wish for a series to be nerfed like what happened to RE.
>>
>>332110102
Fuck REmake. I want a remade RE2 with RE4 controls.
>>
>>332123761

Keep clinging to your sales figures and ignoring context, retard. I'll be enjoying the resurgence of the survival horror genre.
>>
File: 1358994167074.gif (2 MB, 198x222) Image search: [Google]
1358994167074.gif
2 MB, 198x222
>>332116064
>I know a lot of you are in your late 20s/early 30s fat, balding and will NEVER have kids because women have to hold down their lunch when they see you in public.
>>
>>332123918
That's my entire point. If think RE6 is better than 4 you don't know shit about video games.
>>
>>332123575
>Terrible controls
If you're too slow to understand that up = forward, there is no one to blame but your mother for drinking and smoking when she had you.
>>
File: 1456133862333.png (242 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1456133862333.png
242 KB, 480x640
Best girl.
>>
>>332124061
Get fucked piece of shit I hope you get cancer.
>>
>>332124193

Well personally, I think they're all equally shit. But at least RE6 had a fuckton of content, so therefore it wins by default.
>>
There is nothing wrong with third person you nostalgiafags, only when monsters drop things and game is filled with qtes.
>>
>>332112725
That sounds adorable. Does this exist?
>>
>>332124035
>>332124428

I bet you think Tomb Raider wasn't finely tuned for the controls it had, and I am positive you think that shit floaty remake they did on PS2 was good too.

The original RE were perfectly tailored around the limitations of the time. RE4 was broken at launch and still is. See: broken, as in you were vastly overpowered compared to the meager unbalanced threats in front of you. It's like the 360 degree controls in REmake, but with unlimited defensive items and total freedom of aim, the game would be a mess.

Try to ask someone whether they can hack RE4 controls in REmake, it would become the easiest RE to date, and that is the point: RE4 became popular because it took a mainstream hardcore series and turned it into "babby can beat this too" series.
>>
>>332124140
The point was target audiences being small or whatever when 6 proves there is a bigger market for people who like that shit.
>>
>>332124354
You seem upset. Sorry, but some of us like to have actual good gameplay in our games, and not that atrocious tank control shit from the originals.
>>
>>332124518

Silent Hill 2 had fixed camera, 360 controls and it was a fucking easy game. If you think it was only about the 360 controls you're legitimately spastic.
>>
File: myumph.jpg (20 KB, 222x199) Image search: [Google]
myumph.jpg
20 KB, 222x199
>>332124518
Excellent b8.
>>
>>332113480
srysly tho. but that had the same director as the original. I don't think this one does.
>>
>>332124492
No shit it would be easier, you could aim for the head instead of wasting ammo.
>>
>people honestly think RE6 is the best of anything
Now I don't hate RE6, but you have to be absolutely retarded to think this. The campaigns are repetitive self-serious garbage that all fall apart as soon as you step foot in China. The only good thing about that game was mercs.
>>
>>332114423
Wait what? Revelations 2 Claire was still hot, would still pound that pussy all night long.
>>
>>332124664
actually, it does, nvm. i'm hyped nao
>>
>>332124621
Okay, but then by your logic you can keep the same feel but change the controls and camera perspective.
>>
>>332124749

No. You could aim for the head, and if that didn't instakill them you could rush and roundhouse kick them away.

The best attempt (whether it succeeded or not it's another story) balance of warfare and survival horror was RE3. You could mix powder, get more guns, tackle them away/dodge if you were good (and not 99 out of 100 times), and all of that arsenal could be just for you easily making it through or deal with Nemesis.
>>
>>332124621
>it was a fucking easy game
If the only way you can make your game challenging is by gimping the controls, then your game design is shit.
>>
>>332124849
>Was still hot

Are you blind?
>>
>>332124896
Kamiya is not working on RE2make
>>
Do you know what I would love? Two modes, one with a RE4 camera and another with the good old classic mode. Best of both damn worlds.
>>
>>332125631
Good, he'd probably add in a shitty space harrier section.
>>
>>332125282
Are you? Her ass was still nice, big and tight. The body was great. Sorry if you thing anything over the age of 18 is considered old you fucker.
>>
>>332125783
Fuck,

*Think

Fucking christ, stupid fucking autocorrect fucking up my day.
>>
>>332109771
This game is like a time travel capsule to 90ies to me. I really, really hope they won't fuck it up.
>>
>>332125783
Her face is just fucking fucked.

Gwenith Paltrow is old and still beautiful.

Claire has a fucked face.
>>
>>332124518
And some of us don't want a shitty deadspace clone
>>
>>332125753
>Implying it wouldn't be a Hang-on section
>>
It would be nice to finally have a playable version, RE2 with 4, 5 6, Revelations control would be a decent game.
>>
>>332125101

No, the point is the flow of the game was different, the speed of the game was, the balancing in total was.

The original RE games didn't force any challenge you couldn't overcome. It was up to you whether you wanted to take down that zombie in the hallway because you were tired of risking getting bitten after getting through the fourth time.

After all what's the problem? Weren't the RE games easy and you had 190 bullets before getting to RPD? What's the big deal, you could just blast them all away right?

>>332125042

You can only make a RE4-like game if zombies were all replaced by crimson heads with the same damage output, and a qte bar depending on stamina (abuse means getting gassed which means no spamming). No other way. If you think that's still "fun" then sure, have your RE4-2.
>>
I can't wait til the remake is awful garbage.

The few threads being spammed nonstop should be great entertainment.
>>
>>332125913
Mobile fags leave
>>
>>332126069
Her face was fine literally what the fuck are you talking about? Also its her body that really matters.
>>
>>332126249
Even if it was good you faggots would be jumping all over it trying desperately to make another TORtanic like literally every other big new release.
>>
>>332126281
Well fucking sorry that my god damn computer is getting fucking fixed.
>>
>>332126217
>QTE bar depending on stanima

No. Should be like in 4 where you can't do it whenever. It depended on Stanima in 6. It should be dependent on gun.
>>
File: Bn5ENG0.jpg (141 KB, 576x400) Image search: [Google]
Bn5ENG0.jpg
141 KB, 576x400
>>332126338
Are you high?
>>
>>332126338
>Body is all that really matters

Holy shit you are dumb.
>>
>>332126548
Yes a nice looking body is better than having just a nice looking face. At least surgery can fix a bad face or you could use a bag.

>>332126525
Fuck I must have some memory problems because I don't fucking remember it looking that bad
>>
>>332126407

Nah I don't want it to fail or anything.

But I cannot wait til all the fucking idiots expecting REmake quality out of this new awful Capcom get this awful nonsense thrown at them like the retarded dregs they are.

And the whining will commence and be hilarious.

And I will just watch.
>>
File: 1457278971899.jpg (2 MB, 5113x3409) Image search: [Google]
1457278971899.jpg
2 MB, 5113x3409
>>332126525
Damn I think I know why ppl hated her in Revelations 2, how about Ada Wong will they fuck her up in the remake of RE 2 ? she has been getting better since 4.
>>
>>332126451

In real life you can't kick people around at will, you get limp and gassed, it has nothing to do with the weapon unless you are wielding a damn minigun.
>>
>>332126281
>Implying I'm gonna bring my laptop to my two jobs when I can just shitpost on my nexus 6
Honestly, you'd understand how pointless a laptop for recreation is when you work in a hospital
>>
>>332127152
No fuck you I want to dropkick and suplex fucking zombies all day.
>>
File: tumblr_m22t17Z63r1qbnlr0o1_500.png (179 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m22t17Z63r1qbnlr0o1_500.png
179 KB, 500x370
>>332126525
I heard Alyson Court is no longer the voice of Claire, please tell me liars have spoken to me
>>
>>332126989
Unless Ada get prettier as she ages.
>>
>>332127460
It's true anon. She was replaced some time ago.
>>
>>332127152
>Griping about stupid realism
>When he wants unrealistic tank controls for the series where people control like literal retards with no body awareness
>>
>>332127460
Pretty much every VA has been replaced at this point.
>>
>>332124325
Headless
>>
>>332127563
Fuck, I've just about had enough with life.
>>
>>332127563
Why
>>
File: 2806428-stephanie_mcmahon.jpg (37 KB, 620x493) Image search: [Google]
2806428-stephanie_mcmahon.jpg
37 KB, 620x493
>>332126525

1979 videogame made exclusively to tickle dicks, 37 years old at the time of REv2, made to look like she's 47.

Milf born in 1976 with three fucking kids behind her in real life.

Vidya is dead.
>>
>>332127656
Alyson Court was around since Claire's first appearance though. How she kept it that long (fan favorite, good performance, sexual favors) is a surprise but SHE WAS CLAIRE goddamnit!
>>
>>332127771
Beats me. You gotta ask Capcom for that.
>>
>>332127616

You can have the camera only if you retain fixed aim. If you want ots camera and free aim you should just play Dead Space.
>>
File: CR RE CV.jpg (24 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CR RE CV.jpg
24 KB, 1280x720
>>332127460
It's true dude that's what also sucks Capcom kept her for the longest and then got someone else.
>>
File: Triple-H-2016.png (80 KB, 232x245) Image search: [Google]
Triple-H-2016.png
80 KB, 232x245
>>332127817
Different situations, anon. Plus stef has money for plastic surgery and also getting dicked by Triple H nightly.

>TIME
>TO
>PLAY
>THE
>GAME
>>
>>332128008
>GAME CAN'T HAVE TENSION IF YOU CAN AIM. DON'T LET PEOPLE AIM. YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO AIM WITH A GUN.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>332128153

She never got facial surgery, she only has the tendency of getting fat as fuck every time trips get her preggo, which is why she has to train more than he does.
>>
>>332128226

If you let them aim the enemy should be so strong that two-three hits and you're done. It's called "balancing".
>>
Claire is old and gross, find someone younger, like Sherry or Moira.
>>
>>332127921
She genuinely loved the role and pretty much flew around the world just to do it.
>>
>>332128321

Only if Moira grows her hair like a proper old school woman or fixes it a la Rebecca, I hate that type of tumblr short cut of hers.
>>
>>332128313
I don't understand how you can be so stupid though.

You said it yourself. You can easily balance good controls with tension by making the enemies more dangerous, yet you immediately went "DON'T GET THEM ANYTHING BUT SHITTY CONTROLS"

It's not balancing a game properly by making the controls shit. That's lazy design.
>>
>>332128321
What if I want to do Claire and Moira at the same time?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>332128321
>younger
ok
>>
>>332128321
>Moira.
Leave, do not produce light.
>>
File: 50385.jpg (64 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
50385.jpg
64 KB, 500x494
>>332128242
>Get fat
>Pregnancy
Uhh, that happens with ALL women when they get pregnant. My female cousins gained like 20-40 pounds every time they had kids. A shame, I wanted to fuck them when we were all high school age

>Tfw incest is OK as long as they're hot and protection is used
>>
File: 50314.gif (2 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
50314.gif
2 MB, 245x300
>>332128395
Is she dying anon? I feel that's the only reason she'd stop
>>
Rebecca is BSAA now, make her come back as a main story character NOW.
>>
>>332129220
Just be aware she's going to be older anon, and she's not going to be as youthful looking if she shows up again.
>>
File: No.gif (693 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
No.gif
693 KB, 480x270
>>332128321
>Moira
>figure of a plank, swears like a sailor and unironically says shit like "amazeballs"
I'm down with Sherry though.
>>
>>332129324
She'll come back, muscular as fuck like Sarah Connor. No kids because she's too busy to deal with mouths to feed, unless it's one night stands in hotels.
>>
>>332129337
You don't like girls that swear so damn much it makes a fucking sailor blush? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>332129528
I don't have a problem with girls irl who swear a bunch but Moira felt forced as fuck.
>>
File: 1456383272648.png (289 KB, 469x410) Image search: [Google]
1456383272648.png
289 KB, 469x410
>>332128416

You can balance controls, I never said they will, and they will not, because they like to make money on people who cannot play games to save their lives. RE4 and sequels were designed like Rambo games with few spooky elements, they're first and foremost meant to be glorified Mercenaries mode, which entirely defeats the purpose.

>>332129704

She's le modern smark sassy girl.
>>
>Decide ti play Code Veronica X
>Find the Eagle Emblem
>Take it back to the starting area while also delivering the drugs to the nigger
>Get a piano roll for my efforts
>Piano roll nets me the Male Bug
>FInd out I accidentally sequenced broke and am now stuck cause I needed it for the Training Facility
>Have to restart the game

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?
>>
>>332129704
Okay that is fine.
>>
>>332125683
>Two modes, one with a RE4 camera and another with the good old classic mode.
Lost in Nightmares had that, though classic camera was an easter egg and not optimal for actual fighting.
>>
>Claire in the RE movie
>dat wink

I wish they gave her more screentime in the movie and not Leon and his stiff hair
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.