[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only major game in the series I haven't played, is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
The only major game in the series I haven't played, is it worth going back and playing it /v/? I have 3DS but will probably play the N64 version.
>>
yes, and the N64 version is preferable
>>
It's better than OoT by a landslide, but no one will admit it.
>>
>>332108765
Why do you say that?
>>
>>332108802
This.
>>
>>332108905
less forgiving save system and the graphics are spookier
3DS ver is still good though
>>
>>332109002
3DS is a babified game of Majora's Mask, true that
>>
>>332108640
It's a terrible Zelda game compared to OoT.
But it's a better game overall.
>>
yes but fuck the zora eggs.
>>
>>332109708
>remove some tedious elements
>lol it's for babies
Difficulty shouldn't come from bad swimming controls, having to memorize npc schedules, or waiting for time to pass.
>>
>>332108640
N64 version's probably the better version, although they're both pretty close.

It's my favorite game of all time. For a while, it used to be /v/'s too.
>>
>>332108640
What other games do you consider major games in the series?
>>
>>332110143
>Difficulty shouldn't come from bad swimming controls and game mechanics
>>
>>332110590
Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, Links Awakening completed

I've played aLttP, both the Oracle games, and Zelda 86, but not to competion
>>
>>332111337
What about Minish Cap? LBW? You aint even close to done yet.
>>
>>332108765
Not really, it just looks a godawful amount of times worse and has a shittier menu bullshit that really takes you out of the game.
>>
>>332110143
>tedious elements

Please, the 3ds version completely neutered the game. Handholding with the ice arrows, complete control over time (not requiring any patience or planning), requiring magic to swim fast, adding stupid gimmicks to bosses, and even making the Owl statues permasave instead of them being temporary.

It's shit.
>>
>>332110143
>having to memorize npc schedules
This is why games are shit. You have to work for your rewards in the first game and the remake just handed them to you.
>>
>>332110143
but memorising npc schedules felt really cool.

it really helped the game feel like it was the same 3 days over and over.
>>
>>332111546
Who cares about graphics? The original looked fine.

Majora's Mask didn't have nearly as much of a problem with menus as OoT. The worst of it is probably the Pirate's Fortress and needing three items to get each egg. In that regard, the 3DS version didn't really do any better.
>>
Ignore pretty much every faggot in this thread and just play whatever version, it honestly doesnt matter a whole lot. Want it portable? Play on 3DS. Otherwise just play the N64 version in any way you can access it. It makes a lot less fucking difference than these shitheads will have you believe.
>>
>>332111452
single player console games excluding zelda 2 happy
>>
Honestly, while I can appreciate how experimental it was, as a Zelda game I was disappointed. The dungeons are pretty lackluster, and there's too much repetition. It was made in one year and it shows.
>>
>>332110143
>having to memorize npc schedules, or waiting for time to pass.
yeah everything should just be handed to us on a silver platter, am i right?
>>
>>332112986
You've got to explain how the dungeons are lackluster. They're my favorite in the entire series. It's the Aonuma level design paradigms of OoT with better multi-purpose items that you get before you even step foot into the dungeon, and best of all, there's an actual meaningful award for exploring every nook and cranny because of the stray fairies which they could make as difficult or obscure as they wanted. Transformation masks helping the menuing and stray fairies replacing gold skulltulas in dungeons as major rewards fixed the two big issues I had with OoT.
>>
File: return of the jedi.jpg (36 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
return of the jedi.jpg
36 KB, 900x600
Do it. Majora's Mask is my favorite single player video game of all time.
If you have access to the N64 version, then play that. I played both on N64 and pc emulator, and enjoyed it immensely.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.