[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rogues a shit, Warriors a best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1458532486774.jpg (1 MB, 936x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458532486774.jpg
1 MB, 936x1200
>playing some RPG

>rogue class
>you have to use your superior agility to dodge incoming attacks and use special tricks to slow down your opponents
>you have to be careful because a light breeze can kill you
>if you use your abilities intelligently you might outwit you opponent and win

>warrior class
>run directly at your enemy and hit him
>no need to be careful, you have decent health and good armor
>just hit the bad guys hard enough and you win

When did you grow out of the "muh superior mobility" meme /v/?
>>
File: 1437475647646.png (63 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1437475647646.png
63 KB, 160x160
>>332091868
Rogues are supposed to be a high risk high reward type, a classic trope of all types of gaming.
Not our fault you're mad because the game you're talking about is badly designed.

But yeah, on average, warriors are more on the braindead side, but nobody plays you have to appeal to all sort of gamers.
>>
Warriors usually get some gap closers or a perk that ignores armor weight anyway.
>>
>>332092152
*but nobody play them thinking they are superior, its more about fun, you have to (...)

I fucked up.
>>
>>332092307
yes you did you play rogues
>>
A rogue can defeat any single enemy by gitting gud. Warriors are easily overwhelmed if their equipment isn't up to scratch. Reliance on equipment also makes it an expensive class to upkeep.
>>
>>332091868
For some reason seeing Amazons brutally murdered pleases me.
>>
>>332091868
Rogues are shit and only useful for lockpicking or trap spotting which can both be handled by magic.
>>
>>332091868

I've always loved the concept of the warrior class but every game makes them so fucking boring and cookie cutter.

>get kited to shit by anything with a single slowing spell
>rage/fury depends on being hit, so dodging skills like a competent player means less resource to use
>either 0 sustain or sustain out the ass, making grinding completely trivial or an absolute nightmare
>so dependent on gear and weapons that you're complete ass until higher levels or the RNG gods bless you with good gear drops
>most boring skillset ever: hit, bigger hit, sweeping hit, SUPER hit, execute move, and shouts

Give me a game where warriors are actually fun and engaging. Better yet, give me a game where the warrior can specialize in things other than just axes, swords, and maces.
>>
>>332091868

That picture got me horny.
>>
Best class is hybrid, though

>leather armor to remain speedy
>the strength and reach of a two-handed sword
>can sneak around to find an optimal way to ambush and cleave a motherfucker in half
>still tough enough to take a few hits before using your superior movement to get the fuck out of dodge.

Only thing that can beat a leather warrior/berserker is a paladin, to be honest.
>>
>>332093789
Best classes are ranged classes that can deal punishment as well as take it.
>>
>>332093045
the fuck kind of games are you playing
>>
>>332093719
Lady knight slaughtering Chainmail Bikini Bimbos is objectively super sexy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.