[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am try to see why DOTA is better than League. I'm trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: dank boys.jpg (22 KB, 285x200) Image search: [Google]
dank boys.jpg
22 KB, 285x200
Am try to see why DOTA is better than League. I'm trying to reach a respectable level in both. What would you league-fags and DOTA-fags say is a respectable level for your respective game. Also, general tips for how2gitgud. Like resources and the such?
>>
DotA is more harsh and slower paced but it's also more complex and visually more expensive looking or whatever

League is easier to get into

These are objective facts
>>
>>332080925
you're a dumb youngfag. league is a shitty ripoff of dota 1. and has a pay to have an advantage wall. anyone that thinks its better than doter is a fuckign moron.

i dont play doter anymore btw. entire scene is cancer
>>
Idk about league, but what do you mean respectable? As in average player? Above average? The average mmr in dota is somewhere around 3k i believe, and getting into 4k is where you can start telling yourself that you've probably got above average game sense (but there's still a lot you'll probably be relatively shit at.) dota has a hugher learning curve and you will get frustrated more easily but i would argue it's more rewarding if you do get good. Just remember to mute everyone immediately . ofc that might not be the best bet for a new player but who knows.
>>
>>332081306
Eh, I've just never really been into the MOBA scene, so I just wanted to see what all of the conflict is about. I'm a sort of "I'll see for myself sort of guy." So I want to give both a fair chance.
>>
>>332081415
By respectable I mean above average. Also, thanks I'll keep that in mind. They're really that toxic, huh?
>>
I play them both alot and I think Dota or LOL is "the better one".I generally prefer LOL because most of my friends play LOL instead of DOTA.

And If you want to gitgut ; first of all you need to know how both games work , what can your enemy , you and your allies do. You can get this knowlage by just playing the game for a long time.

Other than that you should watch some videos or streams that explain the game for you.Try to see your own mistakes instead of blaming other people.And think about how to fix them.
Play alot and you are good to go anon.

Also both games have terrible community but when you get to higher mmr - elo There will be quite alot of nice people around all the time.There always will flaming raging toxic people but their number decreases as you climb the ladder. But the process to get there is painful in both games so be sure to bring some friends with you.
>>
>>332081415
It's more like 2.5 is the average, 3 is where it starts vaguely resembling actual doto, and 4 is where people are "good" and can reasonably talk down to the average player.
>>
>>332082012
Thanks for the solid advice. :) Do you have any recommendations for videos/streams for each game?
>>
Plat 5 and above is respectable.
>>
Dota is trully Free-to-play, there is no need to buy anything, just fancy hats and shit, but all you need to play is there.

Anyway, Dota is really hard to get into if you never ever played another MOBA/ARTS/ASSFAGGOT.

In the other hand, LoL you need to unlock champs, runes, spells in order to be competent.

Anyway, lol is more noob-friendly.

What is better? Whatever give you more fun, I really enjoy more Dota because I already knew how to play when Valve launched dota 2 and I dont want to grind shit to unlock runes, mastery and shit just to play.
>>
>>332082668
I learned everything from my friends. So I can't really give a name. But there are tournament play , funny stuff and educational videos basicly. Browse twitch and watch someone in your free time. If the content creator does not explain what he is doing and why he is doing that. its no use for you.

Also try to focus on 1 game if you are a begginer.Even though they look simila , They are really different from each other. LOL is easy to start. But you will not have access to all characters for a long time. You will have a harder time learning dota but you will be equal to everyone else from the start because dota does not have "runes" like league does.

You can ask me more stuff if you want
>>332082831
In league of legends I am in Diamond 1.
I can honestly say platinum is one of the worst ones you can be in. Everyone has incredibly high ego.It honestly is worse than gold.Also Diamond 5 is full of eloboosted people. So If you really want to have fun diamond 3 would be perfect I guess.
>>
>>332082831
What's that in dota's mmr?
>>
Playing Smite atm desu, Have 600 hours clocked on dota only 100 on smite. Fun stuff. Have probably a few hundered clocked in on LoL and a dozen or so on HOTS. So far, I like Smite quite a bit. Dota is fun too tho, League is cancer and feels like a beta compared to either of these games, even HOTS blows it out of the water.
>>
League is easy to learn, hard to master.

Dota 2 is hard to learn, hard to master.

It's obvious why one is more successful than the other.
>>
File: 1454843686992.jpg (417 KB, 900x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454843686992.jpg
417 KB, 900x1080
>>332083902
I tried to play smite but everythin felt so clunky I couldn't even play more than 3 hours. Don't really know why
>>
>>332084040
LoL is more successful because was launched in 2007 and fixed a lot of shit that DotA WC3 couldn't fix for being a custom map.

A lot of people who played original Dota moved to HoN and LoL.
>>
>>332084103
Yeah, the animations are a bit more stiff, it was coming from a much smaller studio and has really just started to take off in teh last year. They're slowly reworking animations old characters. The 3rd perspective and all skillshots make for some interesting plays though, fun killing a guy with full hp when your a sliver away from death just because they keep missing.

Also, gank and jungling is way more relaxed and fun, much easier to be map aware from an isometric pov. Conversely though, you can be getting ganked right behind your ally and he might not even notice.
>>
>>332084483
Seems intresting but still really disturbing to play for me. I will stick to LoL and Dota for now.

They probably will fix a lot of stuff. I will check smite again in a year or so.
>>
>>332084483
If I had to rank it, Dota is the hardest, but I'd say Smite is probably harder than LoL, just because if you've played DOTA, LoL basically just feels like an easy, gutted; version of Dota.
>>
>>332081647
Both of them are afaik. I know i almost always mute someone in dota when i play. You'll have to play a fair amount of unranked before going to ranked btw.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.