[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WE WAVEDASH NOW http://youtu.be/mH528Pdh1Rk I know it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x168
WE WAVEDASH NOW

http://youtu.be/mH528Pdh1Rk

I know it's not a actual wavedash but it's still huge.

Especially the instant action off aerial meaning combos and kill confirms like crazy
>>
>have to change your control scheme to some arbitrary shit and use the pro controller
Nope.
Gamecube forever.
>>
>>332074960
>it's still huge.
it's been known for month and no one who used it went far in tourneys
>>
>>332074960
Seems the timing is a lot more strict then on wavedash,so we can only wait and see if it will be used as much as wavedash
>>
>>332075206
>Getting left behind because your too stubborn to adapt

You can use the GC too it's harder to do

>>332075396
Not well known it will be now that it's made its way to the west.
>>332075439
It'd just a matter of practice. It benefits all the characters but some characters like Robin need steady access to their specials so it won't be used much except for movement with them but characters like Little Mac get a HUGE buff with this. Allowing that precise movement combined with the ability to attack is what characters like him need. Falcon is another example of someone who can use this. The fact you can act right out of a air attack upon landing is great if your air move is in auto cancel frames meaning more follow ups and confirms. Marth was able to combo off F tilt with it and I'm sure he could finish with a tipper Fsmash with it
>>
Literally no one is going to do this.
>>
>>332075206
Sorry Melee shitter, but you've underestimated Sakurai. The man's a fricking genius.
>>
It's been known for a while now but if it keeps on catching steam it's gonna be patched out just like DACUS was. If you want tech then play literally any other smash game. 4 is a piece of shit.
>>
File: BIDOU.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
BIDOU.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>>332074960
Why does smash have the most retarded terminology
>>
>>332076815
When the payoff is that rewarding? Your retarded

>>332077505
It's less likely to get patched out due to the fact it's exploiting the buffer engine. Much like wavedashing was a physics exploit it would take a lot more than changing some values to take out. I say if you main a character that can make full use of these then learn it. If you don't learn it but don't bother mastering it
>>
>>332078045
>It's less likely to get patched out due to the fact it's exploiting the buffer engine
all they need to do is make the character jump instead of movement when moving the right stick with a held down special attack, it's very simple

but I agree they won't patch the game again either way I think
>>
>>332078502
1 or 2 more patches. Most likely one more patch late May early June
>>
>>332078502
It doesn't work that way, this works because you have special buffered in the ten frame buffer window for moves in smash 4. By not letting go of the special button you essential are locking the buffer in place allowing frame one inputs for your a moves and smashes
>>
>"game changing tech!!!"
>was discovered 6 months ago and nothing changed
>>
I'm gonna try it out to see if it improves Samus. It should make utilts land more often and spot dodging with this should replace her shitty roll.
>>
>>332076306
>>332074960
You do realize that this is all tied to the length of a character's initial dash and thus is in no way flexible as you're trying to make it out to be, right? I mean look at that webm of Fox going back and forth. The entire distance traveled has him locked into the animation unless he jumps or turns around within a few frames of starting. Foxtrotting would be used a lot more in general if this was that useful, but it isn't for most characters because their dashes just aren't short enough to benefit. You can't even shield until after the initial dash is over.
>>
Literally a glitch that will be patched out. Why would anyone want to master it.
>>
>>332079101
Your explanation is dogshit and wrong. The game registers 'B' as forever pressed so flicking the c-stick can't give the 'B' command, only the direction which the game only inputs for a single frame. Because this game has 10 frames of buffering, you can use this to get a single directional frame and use the controlstick to get a different directional frame on the next frame. Between that and buffering it allows certain things like fastfalling with down held for only a single frame, meaning you can ledge trump asap.

You are not "locking the buffer in place" in any way shape or form. The buffer is working as intended. If they wanted to fix this, it would simply be to actually fucking FIX the cstick. I don't know why they fucked it up so badly in Smash 4.
>>
>>332079120
Nobody except from a very niche Japanese crowd knew about it until now.
Now that Bidou has some exposure in English territories we'll be seeing more of it.
>>
people already modded wavedash in, dont need this weird control scheme
>>
>>332074960
It's gonna get patched out.
>>
>>332076306
>made its way to the west
Japan is a western nation, dummy.
They fought in both World War 2.
>>
So does that mean that you guys will stop bitching about Melee being glitchy considering you're praising something that was originally a semi glitch in Melee?
>>
>>332077703
Sure if you think Japanese is a retarded language.
>>
>>332079428
How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>332080161
Smash has ridiculously idiotic terms like Wectoring, Royzone, Foxtrotting, Hazewalking, Waveshining, Randall, whatever

It's almost as if it's a competition for smashfags to discover stupid exploits just so they can give them shitty names
>>
>>332080409
Unlike dashdance/wavedash/other techs, you cannot control the length. Compare true pivoting in smash 64/Melee to Brawl/4 for a good example. In the older games you can pivot at any point in the initial dash, whereas in the newer games you have to either immediately pivot within a few short frames or wait until the entire dash is over and do something different (aka a "perfect pivot"). The engines of the newer games reduce movement options and thus while these techniques are useful, they are also way less flexible in how they can be spaced and utilized.
>>
File: dFnnt3o.jpg (2 MB, 3168x4824) Image search: [Google]
dFnnt3o.jpg
2 MB, 3168x4824
>>332076306
>You can use the GC too it's harder to do
no it isint not if you use one of these controllers
>>
>>332081482
Doesn't that shit cost about $60 or some shit? That's not worth the money for a controller I'm only going to use for Wind Waker, Smash 4, and maybe VC games.
>>
>>332081482
>wireless
Not solving the issue.
>>
>>332081482
>GameCube
You're still short a button, it's just doubling the position.
>>
>>332080812
Yea, but wectoring was funny
>>
>>332078045
>Your retarded
>Your
If you're going to call somebody retarded, at least don't seem retarded your self.
>>
>>332084918
>muh grammar
This is 4chan not Facebook faggot fuck off
>>
>>332080812
It's to attempt to make their tech sound more legit so people take them seriously

What pisses me off the most is Shine. It has a fucking in game name not Shine stop trying to make it sound cool
>>
>>332080812
>Foxtrotting
This one's pretty cool desu
>>
File: 1431307452532.gif (481 KB, 499x315) Image search: [Google]
1431307452532.gif
481 KB, 499x315
>>332077703
>>332080812
>>332085817
terms like these are used to simplify what is happening with the character instead of describing every last detail. would you rather say 'jump cancelled down special' or 'shine'? in some cases like randall it's just a joke, but for most things it's meant to be convenient
>>
>>332075206
>gamecube controller

laughing_tom_cruise.jpg
>>
how long until they patch it out?
>>
>gamebreaking bug that makes game slightly faster
Does this mean smfoursh is as good as melee now
>>
>>332085414
Grammar has always been more important on 4chan than on Facebook
>>
>>332085817
>"Aw man nice combo from the Forward Strong Attack™ into the Reflector™ and finishing with the Upward Smash Attack™"
>>
So, how long until it's patched out ?
>>
>2 smash4 tournies going on right now
>still havent seen a single person do it
lmao
>buhbuhbuh it was only RECENTLY discovered
Nigger the original video has been out for a while now
>>
>>332085817
>It's to attempt to make their tech sound more legit so people take them seriously
you seem insecure
>>
File: 1279292221860.jpg (48 KB, 599x358) Image search: [Google]
1279292221860.jpg
48 KB, 599x358
>>332074960
If I was playing smash with friends and someone came over and swapped his control scheme to try to get a leg up on everyone else, they would get kicked out for being a genuine tryhard.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 295x171
>>332081482
Or this
>>
>>332092751
People would bitch about wireless with that too since you need a wiimote. Plus being attached to something with shitty battery life doesn't help.
Shame that second controller in the image you're replying to is so poorly made. I wouldn't mind if Hori made a wireless version of their fight controller. Rather be on that battery than a wiimote.
>>
>>332088439
No call it reflector that's it's name not Shine
>>
>>332091607
And if you weren't retarded you'd known it's wasn't well known by anyone aside a few japs until now, give it time to be used in locals and regionals
>>
Just to confirm, it's impossible to really change the N3DS control scheme right? I mean you can swap like 6 buttons, but you don't even have the option to alter the nipple c-stick.
>>
>>332095419
>3DS smash

Why would you do this to yourself in the first place?
>>
>>332094984
>And if you weren't retarded you'd known it's wasn't well known by anyone aside a few japs until now
Yeah because its shit
>>
>>332095419
yeah, you can't do this shit in the 3ds version
>>
>>332097945
>Automatic frame perfect inputs and movement is shit

wew
>>
>>332076994
>inb4 patched
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.