[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how hard would it be to make a downsized dark souls clone in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IAKVL92.gif (498 KB, 235x265) Image search: [Google]
IAKVL92.gif
498 KB, 235x265
how hard would it be to make a downsized dark souls clone in unity so that people could play co-op together easily? like 8 player sessions and you can be invaded by 8 people too during it.
>>
You would need to remake the entire map world.
Then remake all characters and enemies.
Make all the weapons again.
Animations for fucking everything.
Reuse sounds or make new ones.
Somehow make all the menus work together.
Coding out the ass.

Good year's worth of work.
>>
>>332073578
Just get Rune and PvP there.
>>
Every Souls game is lazily slapped together so I can't imagine it would be very hard.
>>
>>332073768
well i was thinking i could try to use open source assets for a good amount of stuff like foliage and castle walls, and try to export animation sequences from the game somehow. it would be hard but i sure as hell wouldn't try to make it 100% from scratch. i mainly want to do this as practice for making my own game in the future.
>>
>>332074065
You could start out easy, keeping it on alpha stage, focus on the basic building blocks and ignore textures.
Just have the characters be minecraft tier player models and the world likewise simple.
>>
>>332074348
yeah i definitely wouldn't be doing textures for a long while, unless i just copy pasted them. i can do it, but there's hundreds of textures for armor and enemies that would be needed.

i would probably first try to get one basic character model down, then reproduce the IK rig for animation, then try to attach the camera to the rigs waist so it bends with it. that would be the first hard part. second would probably be trying to get the inputs down. stuff like pressing space will make him roll, and not clip through the level. im hoping Unity will help buffer a lot of the collision detection.
>>
Very, and it will inevitably fall through as a dark souls clone with nothing to add to the table because the game's mechanics weren't built for 8v8 PvP.
>>
>>332073768
want to earn money on it?
>You would need to remake the entire map world.
>Then remake all characters and enemies.
>Make all the weapons again.
you can rip the models / textures, even make them better
>Animations for fucking everything.
hardest part
>Reuse sounds or make new ones.
Rip or make new ones.
>Somehow make all the menus work together.
Give a /v/irgin coder one week.
>Coding out the ass.
Might be possible with enough supporters
>>
>>332074065
Have you ever made a game before? This is not a good first project.
>>
>>332075339
no i haven't. i've been doing 3DCG for a while and did basic C++ programming, but i haven't done both for a game.
>>
My friend is remaking King's Field 2 on Hexen.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.