[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That part in the game where you just stop wanting to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1440951116630.jpg (11 KB, 244x261) Image search: [Google]
1440951116630.jpg
11 KB, 244x261
>That part in the game where you just stop wanting to play either due to it being tedious or because the game after is just not that great

What's her name?

For me it's Dark Souls after obtaining the Lord Vessel
>>
File: Would_You_Kindly.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Would_You_Kindly.png
1 MB, 1440x900
Bioshock 1 when you have to backtrack through already explored territory after finding out that you're being mind-controlled
>>
bioshock 2

I just found the combat to be really aimless, you just walk in and hopefully get the drop on enemies before they hit you first. Ammo is too sparse to allow for experimentation. I played up to pauper's drop then left it.
>>
>>332073086
I enjoy dark souls a lot and my motivation to keep playing always drops right after the Lord Vessel. Pretty much every area after that point is total dog shit, and the bosses start getting a lot worse too.
>>
>>332073086
Every game 4 hours in
>>
Tarzan world KH.
>>
Third Stratum in any Etrian Odyssey game.
>>
>>332073864
Holy shit this
>>
Crysis1 after all the ayylmao's appear.
>>
xenogears' tower of babel

when the hell does the 2nd disc start
>>
Played five games of rocket league and touched the ball maybe twice, one of those resulting in a fluke goal.
>>
>>332073293
There's not really any backtracking in BioShock 1, but the last few levels send you on that really tedious fetch quest to get the mind control cure and then yet ANOTHER fetch quest to find the Big Daddy suit. The post-Ryan levels are really just there for padding.
>>
>That part in Republic Commando where you have to activate the shit in Kashyyyk and hold off the infinite Elites
>Nar Shadda in JKOutcast,
I might retry Nar Shadda again but it's confusing as fuck to progress
>>
>>332074873

If i remember right, it's right after that Tower.
>>
stardew valley.
>>
File: 1432620914168.png (487 KB, 498x480) Image search: [Google]
1432620914168.png
487 KB, 498x480
>>332073086
Once I've played Xenoblade Chronicles X up to the point where the only quest I had active was the fucking lobster hunt and the only case left unchecked on the overworld were heart-to-hearts with characters I don't give a shit about and Tyrants that necessitated countless hours of material/ticket grinds to have a build that can come close to taking them down, I just stopped playing. Still had 200+ hours of fun with it and can't wait to see what Monolith comes up with next
>>
>>332073086
>GTA Vice City after getting the mansion

There's literally no point in playing after that.
>>
>>332073086
Xenoblade and Sword Valley
I kinda just got burned out around that point.
>>
File: 4L_lpKdmzoA.gif (6 KB, 329x302) Image search: [Google]
4L_lpKdmzoA.gif
6 KB, 329x302
>>332073086

>All Batman Arkham games
>Diablo 3
>The Witcher 3
>HellDivers
>Every telltale game
>PayDay: 2
>Every GTA, but GTA 4
>Resident Evil: Revelations 2
>The Binding of ISSAC: Rebirth
>MGSV
>The Witcher 3

You were just here? Lmao, time to turn back and walk around the area because:
>you missed something
>Lol, walk around and tigger a cut scene
>adds more to the story
>We know to did this already but there's an extra time item that you couldn't get The first time you were here because story and you needs it
>let's look at it from a different perspective and adds nothing
>Who cares that this is the same exact area? We added harder monsters. lel
Lol... Stop complaining and get moving, faggot. :p

These don't apply to those games but:
Fetch quests galore
Most of the story is told in snippets or in pieces around the game world by NPCS and collectibles.
Forced character relationships that you have to take on and add nothing to the story or world and doesn't have an effect on anything but
>MUH immersion
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.