[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's Professor Layton v. Phoenix Wright?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: PLvsPWAA.png (1 MB, 1000x894) Image search: [Google]
PLvsPWAA.png
1 MB, 1000x894
How's Professor Layton v. Phoenix Wright?
>>
The court cases are strong, but the Layton puzzles are weak
>>
>>332072542

uh... this, first reply nails it

also the story gets really really really dumb toward the end, even more than the average layton game
>>
>>332072542
>>332072718
Both these men speak the truth OP but I want to stress how awesome those cases are.

It's worth getting just for them if you're a fan of AA solely because they involve things like magic and spell books so it's unlike anything in any other AA game.
>>
the twists are fucking retarded, especially when you fit them into both the Layton and Ace Attorney universes.

still a 8/10 game though, you should play it.
>>
>>332072718
>even more than the average layton game

Yeah nah.
Nothing can beat undeground london is actually a massive robot story
>>
>>332072362
The golden case was the only time I enjoyed the game. Think it was worth it for that case alone.
>>
its gud
>>
File: emeer.jpg (38 KB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
emeer.jpg
38 KB, 500x307
>>332073204
Golden court is the strongest case that much is true, but I can't understand the praise the cases as a whole seem to get. During the trials I was annoyed to no end how "logic" didn't work in their fantasy world. I could find holes in witnesses testimonies and all they said was "oh i didn't remember" and go with a completely contradictory testimony. And you couldn't call them out on it.
>>
>>332073707
>I could find holes in witnesses testimonies and all they said was "oh i didn't remember" and go with a completely contradictory testimony. And you couldn't call them out on it.

So just like every other Ace Attorney game
>>
>>332073707

emeer is the best witness an AA game ever had, that alone makes the game worth playing
>>
File: oliviaaldente.gif (2 MB, 450x271) Image search: [Google]
oliviaaldente.gif
2 MB, 450x271
It's really fun for the character interactions, the story is kind of basic Layton stories with some good cases

Get it if you like either or both series, can't really go wrong
>>
I was always was ticked that all the characters sucked Layton's dick and Wright was always seen as incompetent

I guess just like his own games
>>
The plot makes zero sense even after they make up nonsensical shit to try to make it make sense.
>>
Phoenix's competence is inversely proportional to Layton's presence. If Layton is in the scene Phoenix can't do anything but when the Professor's gone (Golden Court) Phoenix actually acts competently.
>>
>>332072362
Pretty good. Shame it had one of the weaker twists in both series.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.