[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Phantom Menace game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: The_phantom_menace_video_game.jpg (36 KB, 394x500) Image search: [Google]
The_phantom_menace_video_game.jpg
36 KB, 394x500
This looks pretty good. I've heard bad reviews and it is a movie game but this looks great. I watched a bit on youtube and it looks like a good action adventure/puzzle/RPG-lite. Maybe it gets a bad rep because the film is unfairly panned. I'm impressed with some of the exploration, although the action looks pretty clunky. Nice graphics for the time too. Of course I don't expect something like Jedi Knight by any means (although a star wars movie game done that way would be the shit), but I'm gonna download it and check it out along with a bunch of other Star Wars classics like Racer. Galactic Battlegrounds is probably the best of that generation of SW games IMO. I'd also like to play Battle for Naboo, the Phantom Menace take on Rogue Squadron.
>>
>>332069081
The Revenge of the Sith game is actually pretty good. Also both Battlefronts are classics. Even the Lego games are pretty fun
>>
>>332069958

I thought Star Wars LEGO was one of the best games on PS2. The ROTS game also did look pretty fun, but I never bothered with it because LEGO Star Wars was so good.
>>
The best thing to do in this game was to massacre everyone in Mos Eisley.
>>
>>332071078

Espa. Mos Espa. Mos Eisley was the other, less cool town that didn't have podracing.
>>
>>332070794
I was surprised by Lego Harry Potter, never thought I would get so much fun out of it.
>>
>>332069081
get ep1 pot racer
one of the best racing games ever made
>>
>>332071201

How many LEGO games it that now? I want to play the whole LEGO Star Wars saga, I only played the prequels one. Plus The Clone Wars for that juicy expanded universe indulgence.

LEGO Indiana Jones interests me too. I tried playing LEGO Batman but I was never that interested in Batman so it's less appealing.
>>
>>332071314
They also now have Lego Marvel Superheros and Lego Avengers. On June 28 they are coming out with Lego Star Wars the force awakens. Probably going to get the special edition because of the badass gold case, season pass, and lego Finn figure
>>
>>332072280

Oh...can't say I'm enthusiastic in the last about LEGO Force Awakens desu...not at all...
>>
>>332072535
Why's that pham?
>>
>>332072535
>>332074138
Probably because the last two movie based lego star wars games had 3 movies each, with 6 missions between, plus bonus missions for 20+ missions

Then the complete saga had all 6 movies, 6 missions each, plus bonus missions.

But TFA only has, from what i've read, 18 total missions between the main TFA missions, bounus missions showing what happend between RotJ and TFA, and RotJ bonus missions.

It's possible I misread something though.

But so far the only 2 pieces of DLC announced are two character packs.

So anon might just not be excited because the potential lack of story content.

Personally I wouldn't have minded getting a SW Rebels lego game instead, and wait till another Rouge One or Episode 8 came out for a longer movie based lego game.
>>
>>332074653
That would have been better. Most likely they will add Rouge One missions as dlc content. And when all of the movies release I wouldn't be surprised to see a game of the complete 3rd trilogy and possibly a game of all of the movies in one
>>
>>332074653

Nope, I just thought TFA was the worst Star Wars film and barely a Star Wars film, but that's just my two cents.
>>
>>332076672
Oh.

Well you're just plain wrong then.
>>
>>332076672
I agree. I didn't dislike it, but it was very mediocre. The only good part was pic related. Everything else felt like reused assets. The final battle was pretty terrible. A dozen xwings, and no troops to go with the falcon. I hope we get out of this muh resistance shit and have actual fights with the new republic fleet in the following movies.

Effects from blaster shots looked great.
>>
>>332069081
I played this game a lot on PC when I was a kid.
It's pretty fun.
Some levels are action oriented while others are more about exploration or puzle solving, making for a good change of pace.
You're also playing a lot of different characters with some variations in the gameplay.
>>
>>332076672
>>332077409
I look at it this way.

The original Star Wars movie was not made with a franchise, or even a sequel, in mind.

It HAD to be a complete movie with a beginning, middle, and end. All done and wrapped up.

The prequels, while having a trilogy in mind, were still restricted because they eventually had to lead into A New Hope.

TFA is new territory, aside from anything they decide to pull from the EU.

They have to freedom of being able to hold off on showing everything in the very first film, because they know they can spread it out over the next two films.

So i have no problems with TFA leaving things unanswered or feeling anything unresolved, because I know that they will be soon enough.

And the final fight was fine in my eyes, aside from not seeing updated versions of A,Y, or B wing ships. And Rey vs Kylo felt fine with both of them being mostly untrained.

Rey had some training with having to survive on Jakku, and Kylo probably learned at least one style while training with Luke, but according to Snoke, Kylo wasn't done training.

And he took a bolt from Chewie, shown to blow away a group of storm troopers earlier, and a blow to the arm from fin during their fight, taking away any advantage he might have had over Rey.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.