[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else looking forward to seeing how a new Metal Gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: MGSV.jpg (167 KB, 512x631) Image search: [Google]
MGSV.jpg
167 KB, 512x631
Is anyone else looking forward to seeing how a new Metal Gear without Kojima at the helm will turn out?

There is so much work from MGSV they could just rehash, and then focus on making a proper, complete game.
>>
>>332063663
I am because even with Kojima the last game didn't turn out very good.
>>
Yes, the entire millennial club is.
>>
>>332063823
>Yes, the entire millennial club is.

Haha

It's very clear Kojima was totally out of juice for this series after MGS3. Metal Gear Rising had more spunk in it than Solid had seen in over a decade.

A new director is probably exactly what Metal Gear actually needs.
>>
>>332064132
Metal Gear needs to die its time for it to go
>>
>>332064210
>Metal Gear needs to die its time for it to go

If would agree with you but that would mean the Fox Engine dies with it.
>>
>>332063789
>hurr le phantom pain sucks meme

can this finally die now? The dust has settled guys...
>>
>>332063789
I have no idea how much involvement Kojima had in everything, but he made:

>A game with a lot of good gameplay with a lot of anti-fun or anti-difficulty mechanics (fulton mostly), with one of the stupidest stories ever in a video game.

Literally like a kid wrote it.

Kojima didn't finish the game. They didn't even edit out shit like Eli and Mantis escaping at the end.

Just a joke

It'll be nice to see what he shits out. I really wonder how much people will tolerate his bullshit without the Metal Gear name behind him
>>
>>332063663
Metal gear needs to die, the series has been milked for everything it's worth

The only thing I'd be alright with is a fox engine remake of metal gear and metal gear 2
>>
>>332063663
unfortunately I'm not totally against it, considering Kojima perfected the gameplay but really, really fucked up the mission variety and story.
>>
>>332066109
>tfw MGS5 could've have ended with a Boss fight with a young Solid Snake
>tfw we got something retarded instead.
>>
>>332066325
The ending to MGSV was fucking great though.

Venom Snake boots up Metal Gear 1 and we see him in his Demon Form punching the reflection of Big Boss because that motherfucker sold him out, then he walks away to face his doom at the hands of Solid Snake.

Not everything has to be shown and spelled out perfectly.
>>
File: 1450761992067.jpg (28 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
1450761992067.jpg
28 KB, 500x262
>>332063663
I'm interested, but mostly just because I want to see how bad they can' butcher it.
Then again, maybe making it a video game first and foremost, and a deep interactive meta-art installation second, will actually turn out good results.
>>
File: MetalGearSolidV.jpg (59 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
MetalGearSolidV.jpg
59 KB, 1000x500
If the new Metal Gear follows the MGSV structure, it needs the following:

>More but smaller Open Worlds (Better variety and a sense of progression)
>More punishment for playing the game the same way all the time. (Again, better variety)
>More set pieces and major plot points to keep the momentum of the story up.
>Shorter main story with more side missions(The pacing in MGSV was horrid)
>Great boss fights
>Competent fucking writers.

MGSV is parts of an amazing game, but the way it's structured and put together is seriously abysmal.
>>
>Implying MGS fags give a fuck about gameplay
>Implying they just don't want fanfic bullshit like MGS 4

I'm sure Konami will be able to provide them with shit like that in spades.
>>
>>332066972
Open world MGS was a mistake.

How to fix:

>Remove fulton extraction device
This was the single worst design decision made. It basically trivialized the entire game because you no longer need to hide bodies, or even try and be quick because fulton completely removes them from the battle. No risk of them waking up, no risk of them being discovered.

It's a joke.
>>
The series ended on a masterpiece with MGS 3. Everything after that was shit. The series was raped to death with MGS 4 and everything past that was unnecessary.

Let the series die. Move on to new stories.

Konami turning into retards is a blessing in disguise. People will have to work on new IP's now.
>>
>>332067082
Fulton extraction doesn't have to be removed, it just needs to be crazy expensive.

If fultoning actually had an noticable effect on your GMP people wouldn't abuse it so much.
>>
>>332067082
I kind of like the fulton, it pretty much turns the game into pokemon. Gotta catch them all
>>
>>332066032
If you dont like fulton dont use it
>>
File: CQ7P7gjXAAAIm1o.png (150 KB, 600x511) Image search: [Google]
CQ7P7gjXAAAIm1o.png
150 KB, 600x511
>>332063663
they'll turn it into COD
>>
File: MGSEdit.webm (3 MB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
MGSEdit.webm
3 MB, 1067x600
Konami would be stupid to not simply release "Metal Gear Solid V: Kingdom of the Flies" by now. Its an easy cashgrab with an engine thats already there and easy to work with.
>>
>>332067662
I preferred the story and narrative direction of CoD4 over the fucking shit mess that was MGSV. If anything I'd be more excited to see a retelling of MG1 with linear gameplay and story telling over something open world and with the story offloaded to fucking cassette tapes.

I'd be equally excited for an MGS playing as The Boss in WWII, flashbacks of the philosophers raising her and training her, teaching her. Having the level design be linear with room to explore like MGS3 and expand and improve the survival mechanics.
>>
>>332068224
>muh cutscenrs

Its a video game remember
>>
>>332068224
Also they could make the game look amazing with Fox if they made it linear again instead of making an open world, I'm getting sick of every game having to be open world, I just want a good game with thought-out, detailed and rich level design with a steady pace to the story. It's like every game nowadays has to be fucking FarCryAssassinsAuto, just make smaller scale games with more variety and no fucking grinding aspects and side quests running around in the same fucking areas over and over for 50 hours.
>>
>>332066972
konami give this man a job :)
>>
>>332068564
MGS is known for its long as fuck cutscenes and codec calls, that is what made is Metal Gear Solid, it is part of its spirit, long overly detailed codec conversations about how Snakes tech works with some anime shit thrown in and a semi self-awareness and story with a moral and all kinds of themes and conspiracy and nanomachine, clone, chronic dharria insanity
>>
You mean the new Metal Gear pachinko machine? Mite b cool.
>>
>>332069113
>You mean the new Metal Gear pachinko machine? Mite b cool.

They started hiring for a new mainline Metal Gear before MGSV was even out the door dude.
>>
>>332069283
They scrapped it.
>>
>>332063663
It already happened with ghost babel and portable ops
>>
Konami should just get the rights to The Punisher. Take mgs v engine, drop this shit in a vast NYC map full of life/random encounters. Hell, I'd buy it and I'm probably not alone.
>>
>>332069552
Seeing as how Disney has a fucking iron grip on all their brands and how they actively seem to hate making proper video games, I doubt that would ever happen.
>>
>>332068224
V was actually going to be about The Boss at one point.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.