[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is my first playthrough of CK2, still getting my head around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 80SleNe.jpg (294 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
80SleNe.jpg
294 KB, 1920x1080
This is my first playthrough of CK2, still getting my head around some of it

I've gotten 2 of my cousins as the heir of my neighbour and a county in brittany, when those leaders die will that county physically become mine under vassalage or break off into a new house?

pic related
>>
>>332050301
unless your cousins have land already under you then no, they will make their own kingdom
>>
>>332050301
They will still remain under your dynasty, but they will not be your vassals, unless they are already your vassals.
>>
>>332050652
>>332050614
So if I make them my vassals now I will take control of the land?
>>
>>332050753
or vice versa
depends on inheritence laws
>>
>>332050753
never ever put family members as vassals.
>>
>>332050902
Whys that

>>332050869
Just had another look, my heir to my neighbour is my nephew of my half brother who is scottish.. I think I fucked up
>>
>>332050753
Yes, unless the titles they are going to inherit are same rank - or above - as you ( a duke cannot have another duke or king as a vassal. )
>>
>>332050970
they will plot to murder you, they will be jealous, etc.
>>
>>332050753
Nah. They're inheriting a petty king title, which is the same rank as you (Duke). A duke tier can't be vassal of another duke tier. If you can get yourself up to kingship before that inheritance, then yes. But be aware you're creating a potentially powerful rival family for your throne.
>>
Wrong. Put family members who have no claim on throne as vassals. They are like lesser branches that wont threaten while also giving relationship bonus and usually support you.
>>
>>332051041
I landed my brother and he has +69 opinion of me, will I be ok?, only landed him because I'd lose the title on succession.
>>
>>332051226
Your brother could be fine, but you need to think about the family. You can't assure his son and his son's sons will have that kind of opinion of your family. Also, is a title claimant gets a lot of followers behind them, their opinion won't mean shit. Other people will try oust you from the throne for them.
>>
another question, my neighbour only has a daughter and is going to succeeded by his chaplain, if I marry my son with his daughter and they have a son, will he become the heir?

I'm the king of mide in ireland if anyones wondering
>>
>>332051226

Kill him before your kingdom is torn asunder
>>
>>332051413
I can just revoke him and throw him in prison
>>
>>332051382
no. he must have agnatic only succession, only males can inherit. you would have a claim on the kingdom though
>>
>>332051448
and throw him in the oubliette. it's the best way to execute someone without getting penalties
>>
>>332051382

No. But she will have a claim that their child will inherit that you can force if they ever have a succession crisis. If their title ever becomes agnatic cognatic you can also force her claim.
>>
>>332051382
Nope. Claims pass through a daughter, however. So if your son marries her, you can war for her claim. Just make sure she has a son before you do that. Then he will become the heir.
>>
To whom should you give landed titles?
Giving them to random vassals means they sometimes have inheritences outside your kingdom or they just hate you.
With family at least if they stab you in the back and steal your shit you can still play as them since they are from your family, problem is they war all the fucking time and then a bigger blob comes over and blobs you.
>>
>>332051556
>>332051540
Kind of what I wanted, if I can send my army in and take it I will
>>
>>332051605

Family members without claims or random familyless courtiers you hire or that end up in your court. I find the best are hired soldiers in this case.
>>
>>332051605
Use the character finder to find unlanded, lowborn young men in your realm. Make them counts to start their own dynasties. If it's a duke title, give it to your most loyal vassal within the dukedom to avoid border gore.
>>
>>332051605
then change laws so that doesnt happen
anyone with same religion as you is fine
>>
>>332051605
courtiers who have nice traits. kind, content, humble, etc.
>>
>>332051226
He'll be fine since you get a big bonus for landing him, but when your son takes the throne your brother will hate him.
>>
>>332051605
Go on the find character menue and set the filter to people in your realm, then find the youngest man over 16 who has the content trait and doesn't have a load of opinions maluses against you for things like craven vs brave.
A young guy will be count for a long time and with a 50+ opinion bonus and a 40+ for 'granted me a county' they'll always like you.
>>
OP here, I just found out I can press claim by inviting people to my court, so much time wasted trying to do it through marriage
>>
>>332053592
Be careful, if they don't have land in your realm they won't become a vassal if you press their claim.
>>
>>332051605
there's no better feel than conquering a massive area of land in one war and then splitting it all up and giving away duchy after duchy to loyal courtiers who then start their own dynasty that's fiercely loyal to you
>>
>>332053667
Yeah, I done it and I just fought to give him the county

if I fabricate a claim for myself, how do I get a CB to actually declare war
>>
>>332050902
I always try to make sure that every single holding in my kingdom/empire is held by a familymamber. Sure, it backfires occasionally, but reaping that sweet, sweet prestige is also fun. Newborn babies have up to thousands of prestige.

Though that is a problem too, since sooner or later the AI familymembers start to only marry relatives, because of prestige, thus creating superdukes.
>>
>>332050902
There's nothing wrong with family vassals. They give you a same dynasty bonus and a marriage tie bonus if you're playing one of the incest religions.
>>
>>332053934
If your Chancellor fabricates a claim you can declare war
>>
>>332054263
last time I fabricated one it said I need a valid CB to declare
>>
>>332054409
bullshit
>>
>>332054349
Nope, I still have it. The moabadan-moabad declared a holy war for Greece around 1000 so I moved the capital there. The whole ERE drifted into Persia.
>>
>>332054409
You need to press the claim when the Chancellor tells you he's been successful
>>
>>332051605
Counties to random coutiers, Dukes to family members. No hassles vassals helps in this.
>>
>>332054558
I did press it, was telling me I needed a valid CB

>>332054429
serious, I'm trying to fabricate one now so I'll screenshot if the thread isn't dead
>>
>>332054519
yeah I didn't realise that it was your son
>>
>>332054519
I wish I had the patience to blob like that
>>
>>332054614
Are you trying to press the claim on the holder of the territory or their liege?
>>
>>332055479
holder of the territory, they are independent
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.