[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is the combat in Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: e38.gif (940 KB, 268x191) Image search: [Google]
e38.gif
940 KB, 268x191
Is it just me or is the combat in Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne really I guess the word would be... mash R1 and trade damage randomness?

I haven't played either game yet admittedly (platinum'd the first two games and beat demons souls though) but even watching good players on Twitch like Peeve who know what they're doing, it just always looks really random like they're just mashing R1 and trading damage then healing after almost every small-medium battle.

If you watch dark souls 1 combat it's a lot more calculated and precise and doesn't look like two DSP's just bruteforce tanking it and hoping they are the one with more health at the end of it all lol.

It can't just be me who sees this and it really turns me off playing either DS3 or BB.
>>
Alright... well, keep mashing I guess bros :)
>>
>>332045349
Will do, keep being fucking retarded.
>>
>good players
>twitch

anon...
>>
>>332045349
>peeve
>good player
I had a hearty laugh, thanks anon
>>
>>332044165
Thats just how the tryhard kids and retards play. They want to make it look as MLG as possible because they're gigantic faggots.

Cautious Sword and Board is still as viable as it was in DeS, it just looks boring for spectators. It is my preferred play style though. Fuck rolling around like an idiot.
>>
OP here. The only reason I can come up with is people still learning the movesets of enemies. It seems like there are almost too many in BB and DS3 so a lot of the time you go in for a hit and then enemy randomly cancels and hits you at the same time which makes it look like shitty, mashy combat.

>>332045909
>>332046039
piping hot memes

>>332045516
good, keep mashing like a retard
>>
Nobody is even good at the games. Not getting hit and doing the same thing each time isn't good, you're just memorizing everything and rinse and repeat. What a bunch of fucking cocksucker faggots that think because they memorize when to hit a button that means they're amazing at the game. Anime is so fucking retarded and gays are drawn to that like flies on fucking faggotshit.
>>
>>332045909
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGlhwhTqzxY

omg he's so bad xD
>>
>>332046304
No really anon, you picked the worst souls player to make your case as Peeve is the pioneer of falchion r1 spam in DaSI. It's all he knows.
>>
>>332046304

>piping hot meme
>piping hot meme
>piping hot meme
>>
>>332046412
pretty average, if you ask me
>>
>>332046426
It shouldn't take a tier 1 level souls player to make the combat not look like 'get in close, mash R1 and heal to win every fight'.
>>
>>332044165
I dont play it but my best bud does. Its much more subtle than that from what ive seen.
>>
File: Halpert.png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
Halpert.png
386 KB, 667x670
>>332044165
>I haven't played either game yet admittedly
>>
>>332044165
It's tedious and repetitive.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.