[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, give it to me straight, /v/. I'm playing Nostalrius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: wall1-1600x1200.jpg (608 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wall1-1600x1200.jpg
608 KB, 1600x1200
Alright, give it to me straight, /v/.

I'm playing Nostalrius right now, and I guess I'll just ask the question:

Is there any point in going back to retail WoW? Any point to going to WoD and waiting for Legion? I basically stopped around Cataclysm and quit my subscription in early MoP.

At the very least, would I be able to get enough gold in a month to keep subscriptions going with WoW tokens from then on?
>>
>Is there any point in going back to retail WoW?
As of right now, no not really.
I'd just stick with nost if you really need your WoW fix. Just wait about a month after Legion comes out when people will get a chance to formulate an opinion on it before you resub to retail.
This is coming from someone who is subbed right now, I have fuck all to do other than do boring ass garrison shit to make money or deal with literal retards by leveling alts.
>>
>>332029382
>would I be able to get enough gold in a month to keep subscriptions going with WoW tokens from then on?
Feasible on US. Out of luck if you play anywhere else.
>>
Only if you have friends that play retail
>>
>>332029983
I don't have a whole lot to do. I'm doing college stuff, but I don't have a whole lot else going on.

I've been feeling the WoW itches for a while. I'm trying out Nostalrius, and it's pretty good, but I'm just wondering if it would be feasible to get my money's worth within a month and then continue on on gold.

Although I'll also ask, how easy is it to get gold in retail WoW nowadays?
>>
>>332031204
>Although I'll also ask, how easy is it to get gold in retail WoW nowadays?
Extremely.
>>
>>332031204
>Although I'll also ask, how easy is it to get gold in retail WoW nowadays?

It's pretty easy. Garrisons give a decent chunk of gold, which can grow crazy if you build a tavern, and recruit as many treasure hunters (2x Gold reward from garrison mission each) as possible. Plus, cataclysm raids drop a decent chunk of gold. Doing Kazzak world boss gives you a small amount of felblight, which can be sold in the AH

Bascially, the more characters to abuse garrison, world boss, and cata raids, the easier it is to get gold.
I got a slow income of 10k a day, and that's not including stuff like Ah sells, and cata raids when I feel like it
>>
>>332031686
>>332031638

And is it fun to play WoW in its current state? At this point, I give up on the idea of whether WoW still has soul or not, I just want to know if it's worth at all trying to sink in one month and get gold to poop out WoW tokens and play when I feel like playing.
>>
Also, what's the graphical demand of WoW like nowadays? Do you need a high end computer or is any computer good enough as long as it's not outdated by over 3 years?
>>
>>332032601
>And is it fun to play WoW in its current state?
Unless you have really close friends who will play with you, no not really.
Its just a bore, everything feels brain dead. At least in Nost leveling, and for that matter combat in general, feels more engaging since gear actually matters and there is a chance of failure, but in current retail there is absolutely no challenge outside of maybe mythic raid (and good luck getting into a mythic raid group this late into the expansion). Just stick with Nost my man.
>>
is this still busy?
might dl for nostalg
>>
>>332033818
Yes, its very busy last I was playing. Was just in the Crossroads a few hours ago and the place is pretty packed.
>>
>>332029382
>Any point to going to WoD and waiting for Legion?
Zero.
Literally zero.
>M-muh money
the inflation will buttfuck legion so hard it won't even be funny, it isn't uncommon to be packing shit at nearly 1m pricetag.

If you want gold and are EU it's sadistically cheaper to sell tokens.
>>
>>332034234
I'm US, though.
>>
So I want to play WoW again but not retail version cause well, it's gone to shit.
But I don't know anything on how to private server and just play Lich King...
>>
>>332029382

Nope, but some people are masochists.
>>
How much is a token anyway in real money? stupid page doesn't say.
>>
>>332034734
You have to buy it with gold, not real money.
>>
>>332034734
I think they're 20 USD
>>
>>332034805
I mean, how much does a token cost in real money?
>>
>>332034805
not true, you can buy them off of the in-game store and then sell them to other people for gold
>>
>>332034942
Oh, really? I thought you could only buy them with gold.

I didn't see anything about buying them on the in-game store. Then again, I suppose that's something I haven't paid attention to since its introduction in my absence.
>>
>>332034845
Wow, that's a fucking steal.
>>
>>332034234
carries and bmah items are already selling for 1.5m, tons of people have multiple gold capped characters, legion economy is gonna be fucked
>>
>>332033668
So WoD is basically reduced to mostly a singleplayer experience, with even the multiplayer being rather isolationist and only present to get people to work together to get loot and then never see each other except for the next LFR queue?
>>
>>332036040
It' Clash of Clans 3D WarCraft Edition
>>
>Missing Nostalrius

Fuck guys, if I won't have time to raid for two months. Will I have missed everything by that time?
>>
>>332034525
There are no wrath private servers right now. Nost is releasing a TBC server probably sometime in the next year. If it's still as successful after that, maybe they'll do wotlk. But I doubt it.
>>
>>332036449
Nope. We are right before the AQ patch. So nows a good time to start. Every raiding guild is farming BWL and working on nature resist gear. Then once it's released, there's the war effort and the gong quest. Which will take time. You could be raiding by then anon.
>>
>>332036630
>We are right before the AQ patch.
Does that apply to both servers or just the PvE one?
I thought the PvE server was a few patches behind to let people catch up.
>>
>>332036449
Well, the timeline says that they'll be releasing AQ in April, anyway.
>>
>>332029382
no, but that is because blizzard are jews and shouldn't be supported
the game itself can still be fun
nostalrius has a ton of bugs and vanilla wasn't in the best state when it comes to classes and specs
>>
>>332036454

What? Dalaran WoW is a private WotLK server mate.
>>
>>332036454
Warmane has a few WotLK servers, one of which is 1x blizzlike with no dungeon finder
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.