[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aside from the subpar story, is Bayonetta 2 one of the best games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
Aside from the subpar story, is Bayonetta 2 one of the best games ever made?
>>
inb4 jealous dantefags mad that their series went to shit after its first game.
>>
>>332026521
one of the.
the first game is the
>>
No because Bayo1 is better.
B2 still really gud though.
>>
1 is better.
>>
Almost a straight upgrade from the first game, except the ending wasn't anywhere near as hype. Aesir needed another form or something, and Fimbulventr needed to be its own level.
>>
>>332026862
>>332026869
>>332026879
>Implying they're any different
you can play them both as one game because of how alike they are. might as well since wii u gives you both in one pack
>>
>>332027073
1 is more challenging, has better enemy design, better weapons, and even better bosses. All the improvements in 2 are superficial.
>>
>>332026651

>After the first game

Go to bed Kamiya fag.
>>
>>332027461
dantefags came early i see
>>
>>332026521
>Kamiya makes DMC1
>It's a big fucking deal and does really well
>Someone else makes the sequel
>It's bad

>Kamiya makes Viewtiful joe
>Someone else makes a sequel
>It's bad

>Kamiya makes Okami
>It's bad

>Kamiya makes Bayonetta
>It's bad

when will this stop happening
>>
>>332027647

>Implying

I like Bayonetta as a character and as a game better. But denying DMC3 and 4 aren't better than 1 is stupid.
>>
>>332027684
>>Someone else makes the sequel
>>It's bad
i bet you didn't play bayonetta 2 because her hair got changed you faggot
>>
>>332026651

It didn't though.

2 was bad but honestly not the worst thing ever made (if you ignore 3 and 4 and just compare it to 1), it just needed a better director and smaller/more vibrant levels.
3 was great and elevated the series to a new level.
4 had great mechanics but shit level design because it was rushed.

5 has all the potential to be GOAT if Itsuno and his team work on it and Capcom leaves them the fuck alone.

Also I fucking love Bayonetta 1 and 2 and people who try to start shit between fanbases are fucking stupid (and most likely console/PC warriors).
>>
Anyone who says 1 is better is fucked in the head.
>>
>>332027684

The only truth to this is DMC which was rectified with 3.

None of those sequels are bad
>>
>>332027684
Okami didn't do well, it did fairly poorly, actually. It outright bombed in Japan.
>>
>>332027849
could you strawman any harder

>>332027873
>2 was bad but honestly not the worst thing ever made (if you ignore 3 and 4 and just compare it to 1),

dmc1 is one of the most important games ever made

dmc2 is a step beyond just being a lazy mediocre sequel in that it actively does the opposite of everything that made dmc1 so good

>b-but dmc1 isn't that good because I can't juggle enemies for 10 seconds

>>332027940
you got me, with okami i'm talking critically

cant have done that bad since it got a HD re-release and non-clover sequel while viewtiful joe didn't
>>
>>332027684
Well I wouldn't say VJ2 and Bayo 2 were bad but they didn't live up to the originals. I really hope this doesn't happen with TW101.
>>
No. Bayonetta is stupid.
>>
Is there any r34 of Cloud and Bayo yet?
>>
File: Bayonetta-2-Screenshot-07.jpg (61 KB, 439x439) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta-2-Screenshot-07.jpg
61 KB, 439x439
>>332027834
>But denying DMC3 and 4 aren't better than 1 is stupid.
>>
>>332028024
That isn't a strawman.
He said he bet you did a thing, that he has no way to prove you did. Not only did he not say that you definitely did that thing, but the accusation of you doing that thing is completely unrelated to mischaracterization of your argument.
>>
>>332028101
>Tits, guns, tight gameplay and humor
It's like you don't know what fun is.
>>
What is it with Bayofags and their desire to prove that she is "teh bestest thing evah"?
Why can't she just be a good character who has very solid games?

I enjoyed her 2 games, but this fanbase is just ridiculous.
>>
>>332028121

>Actually defending boss rehash the game
>Actually defending underwater spear segments
>Actually defending enemies that phase through walls and stay there for ages just because
>Actually defending how easy the rehashed bosses are
>Actually defending the shitty DT balance
>Actually defending the limited mechanics and lower skill level required to master them
>>
>>332028116

Nah, everyone seems to pair her with Pit.
>>
>>332028116
Why would there be? Sm4sh has much cuter boys in it for Bayonetta to play with.
>>
>>332026521
I come from the future.

>DLC Bayo in DOAX3

You have been warned.
>>
>>332028651

That would be ass.

Bayonetta being animated like a dog like all the DoA girls are would look like shit.
>>
>>332028387
>Defending boss rehash the game
As you progress through the game, the skills and weapons you collect give you more creative and fun ways to destroy enemies and bosses. It gives you more ways to experiment, and dare I say, lets you find more fun ways to play the game on your own.
>Actually defending how easy the rehashed bosses are
Like I said before, the game has you experience growth in how well you are at the game with it's difficulty, and with the things you obtain. You're able to shred through things that you struggled on before like paper. If that isn't satisfying, I don't know what is.
>Actually defending the limited mechanics and lower skill level required to master them
Both DMC and Bayonetta took low skill to master what they had to offer in terms of "mechanics", but the games aren't about that. It's about hacking your way through mobs of baddies as best you can, not trying to find every single frame that you can do damage. It's just to have fun, not to be competitive.
>>
>>332028651

Now your gonna tell me there is Wii U exclusive content that has all of the Nintendo characters
>>
Bayonetta is the ideal female.
>>
>>332028816

>As you progress through the game, the skills and weapons you collect give you more creative and fun ways to destroy enemies and bosses. It gives you more ways to experiment, and dare I say, lets you find more fun ways to play the game on your own.

That's what NG+ is for not first playthrough. Stop defending shitty design. You apologist.

>Like I said before, the game has you experience growth in how well you are at the game with it's difficulty, and with the things you obtain. You're able to shred through things that you struggled on before like paper. If that isn't satisfying, I don't know what is.

Satisfying is overcoming challenge. Not vsing gimmick bosses over and over.

>Both DMC and Bayonetta took low skill to master what they had to offer in terms of "mechanics", but the games aren't about that. It's about hacking your way through mobs of baddies as best you can, not trying to find every single frame that you can do damage. It's just to have fun, not to be competitive.

Now I know you're just a shitter.
>>
>>332028387
Different guy here. DMC1 has best boss and enemy design. The rest of your points are inconsequential. It may have a lower skill ceiling but at least the enemies are actually enjoyable to fight. Juggling helpless scarecrows for ten minutes doesn't mentally stimulate me.
>>
>>332029156
>You apologist
What do you think you're doing for DMC, exactly?
>Now I know you're just a shitter
Not even gonna try at this point.
>>
>>332028024

Look, I'm not going to defend 2 to the death, but I played it recently, and while it was a bad game and didn't live up to 1 by any stretch, it was not the abomination that people say it is. It was just boring and lacked flair. DMC3 made up for it and then some.
>>
File: kr0npr1nz-d7ntynb.jpg (812 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
kr0npr1nz-d7ntynb.jpg
812 KB, 900x900
Yes, worth buying a Wii u just for the Bayo 1+2 bundle
>>
>>332027684
when you learn history dumbass, all those games except DMC sold like shit
>>
File: What The Bother Am I Reading.jpg (107 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
What The Bother Am I Reading.jpg
107 KB, 613x533
>>332026521
>Disregarding this one particularly bad aspect, is GAME the best game ever?
You're shooting yourself in the foot, there, OP.
>>
>>332029183

The puppets in DMC1 are still helpless, the combos you can do against them are just more limited. Also those are just the basic mooks, trying to claim they represent the entire enemy roster or the bosses is pretty retarded. Vergil is way more fun than Nelo Angelo. Which is not an insult to 1, 3 just elevated the genre.
>>
>>332026521
I have Bayo 1&2 I got them a year ago and never finished 1.

On normal difficulty I got my ass demolished and on easy everything was too easy. I dont like easy games but I dont like slamming my head into a wall trying to git gud.

Should I go back and try again?
>>
>>332028095
>implying W101 will even get a sequel

It hurt to type that because it's my favorite game in years
>>
>>332030090

How as normal hard? Are you not using Witch Time? Like legit all you have to do is dodge and punish for everything except gracious and glorious.
>>
>>332030090

Yes.

Honestly on your first playthrough you should just focus on surviving any way you can. Don't feel bad about getting stone awards, that's how everyone starts.
>>
>>332028387
dont act like bayo doesn't suffer from all of these problems too

bayo 1 rehashes bosses just as much only the bosses aren't even fun besides jeanne, has lots of enemies that exist exclusively to waste your time, you can beat the entire game by doing PKP with the sword or lightining durga charge attack and instead of underwater levels you have space harrier and motorcycle levels that never end
>>
>>332029793
They also did well critically.
Hmm I wonder which one he was talking about?
Not that I really agree with his point but please.
>>
>>332030269
>>332030279
Gonna try again then. Thanks guys.
>>
>>332030764

Except that completely invalidates his point, Bayonetta 2 did very well critically, better than 1 even.
>>
>>332030685

All of the DMCesque have that issue, but the newer ones like Bayo rehash them in different scenarios and doesn't classify them as a major progression bosses.

>you can beat the entire game by doing PKP with the sword or lightining durga charge attack

I mean you can do this in all the games if you don't want to have fun.

>instead of underwater levels you have space harrier and motorcycle levels that never end

Both of those are 9999999999999x more fun than the underwater crap in DMC1 regardless of how bad they were in comparison to the other Bayonetta levels.
>>
File: 1440756763534.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1440756763534.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>332027684
>Bayonetta 2
>bad

Stay mad sonyfag.

>>>332028456
Good, it means they have good taste.
>>
>>332029793
viewtiful joe was a really big deal for a while, that's why capcom made tons of shitty sequels/spinoffs within like three years
>>
>>332031176
underwater levels in dmc1 is literally two rooms of combat that lasts maybe a minute and the easy S rank you get really helps in buying moves

you have to play a dogshit version of space harrier for 15 minutes every single time you want to fight the best/only good boss in bayo 3. that's completely unacceptable
>>
>>332031209
not enough of a big deal to greenlit the third part though
>>
>>332031351

0 fun for a couple minutes or a modicum of fun for 15mins.

I know which one I'll choose.
>>
File: bayonetta.jpg (87 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta.jpg
87 KB, 1024x576
>tfw no bayonetta gf
>>
>>332031508

>tfw I'll never play Bayo 2 because I refuse to buy a Wii U
>>
>>332029673
Bayo 1+2 bundle is like 60 bucks used now, and 100 bucks new.

Thanks Sakurai

I bought it and a WiiU like 2 weeks before Bayo was confirmed for smash for like 30 bucks
>>
>>332027684
okamiden was okay
>>
>>332031771
At least they're releasing Bayonetta 2 again stand alone at a price cut, but really. They should've just done a rerelease of the bundle.
>>
>>332031617
WiiU emulation is making fast progress so you might be able to play it before 2017
>>
>>332026521
>aside from this flaw, isn't this game great
If you have to excuse the flaw, then it's automatically shit.
>>
>>332026521
I thought the story was acceptable. Wasn't expecting much. It was nice that it made Balder an actual character and fixed the story of the first game.

Who really cares though, everything just feels so good to play.
>>
>>332026521
Sure, Bayonetta is a very interesting character and one of the few vydia heroines I like, too bad it is locked within a dead console.

I just hope Nintendo dies soon so we can get it.
>>
>>332026651
>>332027684
It's time to stop posting Kamiya.
>>
File: 1448143627857.jpg (50 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1448143627857.jpg
50 KB, 500x475
>>332026521
>platinum game
>best game ever made
>>
>>332028476
Keep those pure boys away from that disgusting, hairy, spider proportioned slut.
>>
>got Bayo 1 and 2 over Spring Break
>see a lot of the inspiration W101 took from it
>love the combat
>platinum everything on Normal
>finish up hard like 10 minutes ago
>get Bazillions
>play Prologue on Infinite Climax with Bazillions

These things are fucking neat. Favorite weapon combo, /v/?

>Hands:
Onyx Roses
>Feet:
Lt. Col Kilgore
>>
File: 1453874688470.jpg (19 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1453874688470.jpg
19 KB, 366x380
>>332034207
>he fell for the platinum is bad meme
>>
File: whattoheck.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
whattoheck.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>332026521
>aside from the subpar story
>best games ever made?

the fuck how can you be one of the best with a glaring problem like that
>>
>>332035512
>implying story is THAT important

Your story doesn't have to be worth a hot shit as long as your gameplay is sound. Bayonetta and W101 are top-notch while having story that's more or less unimportant, shit like Monster Hunter hardly has a fucking story, hell, the entire premise of fucking Doom is "kill demons to get off Mars" and that didn't stop it from being huge. Plenty of other games do this too, story doesn't mean jack.
>>
>>332034675
You fell for the platinum isn't mediocrity incarnate meme
>>
>>332035512
Is the story even that weak? Matthewmatosis said he prefers Bayonetta to DMC primarily because it has such a stronger story.
>>
Waiting on that WiiU emulator to play it
I hope it is
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.