[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A friend of mine keeps telling me to buy this game, but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
A friend of mine keeps telling me to buy this game, but I'm still hesitant to. So what's the /v/erdict? Should I buy this game?
>>
Yes, it's nothing special in terms of gameplay, but the Dark Zone is interesting enough to carry the game if you have friends to play with.
>>
It's like Diablo 3 as a shooter.

It's kind of wonky and lacks content but it's fun with friends.
>>
It's a decent looy game and decent 3rd person shooter. It doesnt do anything revolutionary, but if a friend wants to play it with you, you'll probably have a good time.
>>
Its a subpar tps that has a very loose plot. Other than giving about 30 hours of gameplay, its nothing memorable.
>>
>>332017232
>I'm playing this game alone
>I played Destiny alone too

Oh, god, please someone save me from random shitters ;_;
>>
>>332015730
pro tip, newfag: make sure you watch any Angry Joe review for a game if there is one.

the game is shit. don't buy it
>>
Typical, uninspired, focus group tested, overpriced, AAA garbage.
Anything's fun in co-op. Take a shit, put it on a stick, get with your friend and use it to play tag. You'll have just as much excitement and laughter, without overpaying for a product's brand name.
>>
>buy it to play with friend
>i play solo until im level 7
>then we play together
>friend is level 21
>enemies spawn
>they're fucking level 15 or higher
>i literally do fuck all for damage
>my bullets do absolutely no damage at all
>no matter the weapon i use
>seriously
>all i can do is observe as my high-leveled friend is killing all the enemies by himself while i hide and try not to die

Thanks god for steam refunds, lads.
>>
>>332017487
Same here anon.

It's a hard life.
>>
Its basically Destiny Lite, without the fancy futuristic stuff. It youre into shoot and loots like that, youll get about 20-30 hours depending on your speed of play
>>
>>332015730
Bullet-sponges: The game
>>
File: image.png (986 KB, 1073x556) Image search: [Google]
image.png
986 KB, 1073x556
>>332015730
>>
It's more boring than Destiny
Think about that for a second
>>
>>332017767
>Crying faggot too stupid to learn to aim and upgrade his equipment
>MUH REALISM
>MUH STALKER
>>
>>332017590
I used to play Destiny a lot, even before the Taken King expansion, but since i had very few games i gor burned out quickly, and even when the expansion came out i was bored enough to let it on the shelve collecting dust. Didnt had any friends to play with either. Its one of those games that the more late you pick it up the more left out you will fell, more so now with Destiny 2.

>>332015730
My best advice for your is to hold on your money, at least until they release some big updates so you can get the game with a discount, just like i did with Battlefield 4, got it dirty cheap during a Psn sale. The game is just bare bones and very unbalanced as of now
>>
I hear it's good til you hit the max lvl and have done all the missions. After that there is nothing to do.
>>
>>332017889
Nice retort, faggot.
>>
The only enjoyment that can be found in this game is by playing with friends. And it's so mindless that it's perfect to just shoot the shit while shooting shit. So it's no wonder he's trying to pressure you into buying it. I know because I was in the same situation until they just bought it for me. Multiplayer games these days are turning into pyramid schemes like this. You've gotta get it because your friends are getting it. Why are they still playing it? Because their friends are.

Anyway, if you played Destiny, just expect that but with less enemy variety, less environment variety, less weapon variety and much worse balance, and almost no endgame.
>>
File: 1293879194251.jpg (7 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1293879194251.jpg
7 KB, 240x240
>>332017889
>defending this game
>>
>>332017889
ubisoft pls go away
>>
>Destiny
>A game with good shooting but boring as fuck enemies and abilities

>Division
>A game with mediocre shooting, but more interesting abilities, except the interesting ones are less useful than the boring ones.
>>
>>332018280
This. I mean the fucking turret? It great at low levels, but by level 20, enemies are constantly one shotting it. Only abilities worth a damn are Pulse and Heal Station
>>
>>332018280
>Interesting abilities

Not one is interesting, and tech ones become fucking useless on challenging difficulty
>Turrets explodes in about 2-3 hits
>Gets hacked
>Bombs do fuck all
>>
>>332018464
>Not using smart cover

Smart cover in conjunction with pulse is probably the best
>>
>>332018689
This. How can anything compete with dealing double damage and taking half damage?
>>
I like it
>>
>>332018591
>Rolly grenade that goes to each enemy for CC but can be destroyed
>Turret that you can spec for CC or damage that requires good positioning to get the most out of
>Shield that blocks frontal damage, but allows enemies to flank to bypass
>Deployable cover that can be used to block terrain

It's a lot deeper than Destiny's LOL I HIT BITTAN XPLOSUN LOLOLO WE ALL HAVE SAME GRENADE AND MELEE

But yes isolated by itself it isnt that deep
>>
>>332018827
Thats fine in singleplayer, but in multiplayer, Heal Station has the mod which autorevives allies and will full heal everyone when its timer runs out, which is damned useful
>>
>>332018827
Not to mention that it also provides natural health regen and shortens ability cooldowns. The situation with abilities is fucked. And I might be alone with this, but I dislike how everything can be changed on the fly. It makes builds feel a lot less unique and alts completely pointless.

>>332019250
Smart cover stacks. Four people running smart cover means four invincible death machines with it constantly up.
>>
I dislike that Elite enemies outside of the darkzone do not respawn. I screwed myself out of burger king as a result.
>>
>>332015730
Lumens is your name Lumens?

Lumens you should really buy this game.

I know. Your name's not Lumens.

Gary? Gary Part 2?

If your name's Gary Part 2 you got COOL parents, man.
>>
>>332018464
The turret offers crowd control with the flamethrower.
>>
>>332017581
>being a shitter
>blame game
anon pls
>>
>>332017487
At least you CAN pair with randoms unlike Destiny where you're forced to play with people you know (unless they changed it idk)
>>
>>332019636
And that great for MOST regular spawns. The moment you get into late game hard/challenging missions however.
>Hacked
>Ignored
>Blasted with one shot
>etc
>>
>CC doesnt scale with skill power so 90% firearms guy is just as useful with his flashbang as a 90% electronics guy

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.