[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is learning Japanese with vidya? Let's have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: you can't learn japanese.png (1 MB, 3458x2103) Image search: [Google]
you can't learn japanese.png
1 MB, 3458x2103
Who else is learning Japanese with vidya?

Let's have a moon vidya thread.
>>
Fucking weaboos
>>
>>332010084
Thanks for the bump
>>
I've been doing Anki for 84 days now. Maybe I'll look at a grammar book or some shit soon.
>>
I might be teaching English in Japan in half a year

What's the best way to make the best use of learning the language while I'm there?
>>
>>332010374
Stream Japanese only releases for us poor gaijin
>>
>>332009535
I would, but kanji
>>
>>332012720
That's like saying you wouldn't learn another language because of words.
>>
>>332012953
Not really. These are words.

These:

>レス4件省略。全て読むには返信ボタンを押してください

Are more akin to hieroglyphs
>>
Funny, I was just doing my Genki workbook.
I'll get there eventually
>>
>>332013152
http://www.kanjidamage.com/kanji_facts
>>
>>332009535
what's the context of this?

Japanese textbooks that negatively reinforce learning a language with second guessing rhetoric?
>>
File: 1433124478761.png (31 KB, 1000x293) Image search: [Google]
1433124478761.png
31 KB, 1000x293
/trv/ here

You guys do realize Japanese are very racists and hate strangers, right?

I've known 2 people that worked there as English teachers and came back because they were tired of getting treated like shit by everyone.
And no, Japanese girls won't be all over your dick.

Teaching English in south korea is a much better option if you have yellow fever
>>
>>332013572
Bullshit. I have a japanese customer in my sales job who's a fucking party animal. He's always inviting me to japan so we can go drink sake together
>>
>>332013572
that sounds like japanese girls in general don't hop onto dick, because the men have a game of getting into their pants however it takes.
>>
>>332013572
>You guys do realize Japanese are very racists and hate strangers, right?
Libcuck detected. Japanese nationalism is healthy. Your country is full of Syrians, Japan is full of Japanese people. One of you is doing something very wrong.
>>
>>332013152
Kanji looks really fucking hard at first for us gaijin but the more you learn, the easier it gets. A lot of kanji use the same basic structure and many kanji are just two or more basic kanjis put together. Once you learn the basics you can easily guess what a kanji means as long as there is some context.

Just don't give up.
>>
>>332013572
Why would I care about the Japanese? I just want to consume their media that isn't translated.
>>
>>332009535
what's that pic from?
>>
File: orks.jpg (543 KB, 816x600) Image search: [Google]
orks.jpg
543 KB, 816x600
I already have.

Im playing DQM3 now.
>>
>>332013572
The West is unique in our socially enforced mandate to treat everyone absolutely equally, to the point that not doing so can be a felony. Our culture was shaped by the civil rights movement(s), and so many people want to hold the rest of the world to the same crazy standards.

Meanwhile Japan is an insular, primarily monoethnic island nation that had closed borders for thousands of years. It's not the same. Gaijin trash apartments? No more rent to gaijin. Gaijin don't know the customs of the sentou? No gaijin allowed in the sentou. And America thinks this is bloody murder, that they're entitled to be treated as a native.
>>
>>332013572
Wrong. The Japanese prove that nationalism works, libtard. Sorry that your multiculty fantasy is in shambles.
>>
>>332013852
while i understand and agree your with your contention to an extent, could you not act like such a fucking channer you loser?
>"cuck"
jesus christ you are such a loser
>>
>>332014362
If america elects trump then we can become closer to what is making Japan great.

as for Japan themselves, they'll have a war with China. They are not happy with them either.
>>
>>332014645
I guess you'd prefer "fag" or "tard" or something?
>>
>>332014720
he would most prefer you use his preferred pronouns and not make any slight reference to his intelligence, appearance or microdick.
>>
>>332014720
honestly ye
this new channer lingo you losers from pol employ and indoctrinate the rest of 4chan with really annoys me. by now i thought it'd turn into cancer but it seems that 4chan now is the cancer.
>>
>>332014895
You uh
You don't sound like you've spent much time here, if you know what I mean
>>
>>332009535
No thanks, 2000 kanjis, racist fags who will speak to me in english and judge me, only spoken in 1 island in the world.
I'd rather learn russian, russians are cool
>>
>>332014980
ive been here 3 years you fuck.
>>
>>332015008
I too remember 2013. Nothing of interest has happened here since you arrived.
>>
>>332014895
>pol indoctrinated the rest of 4chan

what? we tell pol to fuck back to pol. cuck was brought to popularity by one Christopher Poole. He mighta went against pol but he ultimate brought the whole website down to cucked.
>>
>>332013853
Learning 2000+ kanji with different readings depending on context and arrangement isn't hard, it just takes too much fucking time.
>>
>>332015147
good point; my bad
"cuck" is still cancerous to me though

>>332015113
what do you mean by that?
>>
>>332015008
Thats what being a newfag is.
>>
I've been doing anki reps for about three weeks now. My brain feels crammed sometimes, but it's not so bad. Although, I've barely touched grammar stuff at all.
>>
>>332013572
Eh, I'm racist as well. And a social shutin.
>>
>>332015320
it is cancerous.

you obviously don't want to be called or known as a cuck. or Anthony Burch.
>>
>>332015427
Reps? You're just grinding kanji with no knowledge of vocab or grammar?

https://kattorr.com/genki-an-integrated-course-in-elementary-japanese-second-edition-2011-t8091689.html

Get this and start going through it. You can't do shit learning kanji all by its self.
>>
>>332015723
Is tae kim guide good enough for studying grammar?
>>
>>332015723
>You can't do shit learning kanji all by its self.

it improves retention tho
>>
>>332016102
Yeah I'm not saying not to study kanji. There's plenty of methods for learning kanji divorced from grammar and vocab, and they'll help. But if you don't study anything else, you have no context. You don't actually know any Japanese, so you can't do anything with what you know. It's a good way to get discouraged and frustrated.

>>332016010
Tae Kim covers roughly the same subject matter. I preferred Genki because the pace is slower. Where Tae Kim likes to get to the point right away, Genki covers things more incrementally, with a lot more additional vocab per chapter. There's lots of dialog examples and exercises, which is helpful if you need extra reinforcement of the subject. It's really down to what style of learning you prefer.
>>
File: tumblr_nmhpghhZQK1rg3vrmo1_500.jpg (75 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmhpghhZQK1rg3vrmo1_500.jpg
75 KB, 500x375
>>332010208
>I've been doing Anki for 84 days now.
>>
>>332014334
How's the game so far?
>>
>>332009535
I graduated with a minor in Japanese and now most of it has atrophied due to little practice.

Also partially because I fell out of my Anki reps.
>>
>>332009535
How much jap would I have to know for utawarerumono itsuwari no kamen?
>>
>>332013572
Anecdotal, but I've been to rural Japan a handful of times. The majority of people there were pretty excited by the novelty of a foreigner and got all excited. And in Tokyo nobody gave a fuck.
I've only gotten shooed away for being a gaijin from one restaurant.
>>
>>332018494
What happened?
>>
>>332015008
Then you should type properly and not act like a phone posting retard.
And it's /pol/ not pol. Which you should know.
Though you're right, fag is far more preferable a slur.
>>
>>332009535
Maybe.

I've dabbled in it and so have a few books and software about learning Japanese. I might give it a try for Fate/Extella, Extra CCC, and Grand Order if they never get a localization. Still, I have a bunch of other stuff to do, and learning Japanese is a rather low priority at the moment.

Maybe if I get a bunch of free time on my hands.
>>
>>332018807
I walked in, they made an "X" sign with their arms, and I left.
>>
>>332021301
Wow your life must be like an action movie. Damn.
>>
>>332021407
Yes, it was highly intense. What did you expect? A tiny ass Japanese person to get in a fight or something?
A coworker had told me that it meant that beforehand.
>>
>>332021674
I expected ninja lolis
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.