[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Friends only play dota >nothing else, save for shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: dota-2-official.jpg (124 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
dota-2-official.jpg
124 KB, 1191x670
>Friends only play dota
>nothing else, save for shitty early access games
>refuse to buy almost anything else unless it's complete garbage
>hate dota and pretty much all MOBAs
>ask them if they want to play a different game
>"no"
>literally buy them copies of games
>we play together once or twice
>back to dota
>go into teamspeak
>5 people playing dota
>wait for their game to end
>"haha, let's play another"
>want to host a LAN
>only game they all want to play is dota
>"jokingly" call me "antisocial" for not playing games with them when it's literally only dota
>can't talk to them on teamspeak, too busy playing dota

Is there any cheap multiplayer game that I can hook these fuckers on? Not counter-strike, we all stopped playing around the 1000 hour mark.
>>
>>331998668
Warcraft 3 mod: Dota
>>
try convicing only one of them at a time instead of the whole group at once
>>
Dota is the heroin of multiplayer games. Once you're on it, nothing else is good enough.
Trying to get them addicted to something else isn't really possible, but pulling them away enough to play other stuff more often may be doable
>>
>>331998668
Sorry m8 but once you play Dota it usually will become your go-to multiplayer game.

Don't blame the players, blame the game.
>>
If they like mobas and you want a non mobs then play overwatch. Its basically half moba but with completely non moba stuff. Trust me they will understand.
>>
>half of my group+1 becomes league addicts
>other half doesnt
>organize LANs, since the league addicts are in the majority by one person we play league
>its the guys who like game vs the addicts
>addicts win smashingly, want another round
>rinse and repeat forever on every LAN until none league players dont want to anymore
>dont have enough people to make a proper LAN anymore
>we stop seeing each other because regular LANs were what kept us together after school
Welp. At least I can still talk to some of them by using the Lol chat :^)
>>
>friends only play LoL
>no one to play doto with
>>
File: Bugs Bunny.png (304 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
Bugs Bunny.png
304 KB, 396x396
>>331998668

Get better friends. You can't force a group of people to do what you want to do, since you are clearly the outlier. Steam has community features to make it easier to find people who are into the kind of content you are into. This thread is garbage.
>>
>>331999269
>>331999010
>people actually believe MOBAs are a good, fun experience
I played the shit out of DotA, then LoL, then DOTA 2 and I don't even know why. Looking back, the whole genre is just shit.

OP, find new friends.
>>
>>332000685
2 months away. Will be too knee-deep in games by that point anyway.
>>
>>331998668
I have like 1600 hours in dota and I really love it, sure. But that doesn't stop me from playing fire emblem or whatever other games I want to play. Dota is tiring and stressful. I personally have never been able to stick to any other online game besides Dota. I played a bit of overwatch and that's probably my next time waster. I probably wouldn't buy my friends copies of games though, hah.
>>
>>332000860
to be fair, you kind've just helped him, and me. I wasn't aware there were actual features to help you find people to play specific things with. I hae this same issue, but my faggot friends only play early access and csgo. Then do nothing but talk shit about eachother to me behind one another's backs
>>
>>332000860
>>332000887
They're irl friends, btw

Also they're cool people, but I just want to play different games with them
>>
>>332001164
Tell them that. It should help.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.