[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth playing ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: header.jpg (39 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39 KB, 460x215
Worth playing ?
>>
>>331992718
YES.
But you have to use a notebook and write every single clue and screen name down. If that seems stupid to you, no.
>>
Yes if you like solving puzzles, and are okay with getting lost sometimes.
Like >>331993057
said, be ready to take notes. The game actually has an in-game system for noting some stuff down, but it's not quite enough.

If you're into that kind of thing, it's literally one of the best games of all time in my opinion.
>>
yes. it is an AMAZING game, but it also hates you.
when you break down and have to use a walkthrough try to use it sparingly.
I'd just glance at it to get a general idea of the direction i'd be going. i'd try to avoid reading it word for word as few times as possible, but sometimes there's no choice. the game can be sadistic.
>>
I tried really hard to beat this game without checking spoilers, but after clocking almost 100 hours, I had to give up. The puzzles get extremely confusing later on, and there's one in particular toward the end that no way in hell you're gonna solve on your own. So, use spoilers when you get stuck for an extended period of time.

Other than that, solid game.
>>
File: lamulanastarters.jpg (278 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
lamulanastarters.jpg
278 KB, 1152x648
Yes, but be prepared for an actual project, and get a notebook

Also, if you really get stuck, don't feel embarrassed to use a guide (preferably the hint-based one on Steam). It's better to get through a puzzle with some help than to not finish the game.
>>
>>331995854
Please don't troll people with point number 9. That's just cruel.

OP if you read that, ignore it. Definitely read all the tablets you can.
>>
>>331997073
reading that tablet a second time activates hard mode and there's no going back.
>>
>>331997073
I feel that's more to do with the tablet that literally tells you not to read it again.
More often than not though you get quickly killed after reading it.

And yes OP you should play it. Because if you like it, it will be one of the best videogames you will ever play.
It's not for everyone, but the best things in life often aren't.
>>
>>331992718

I tried to get into it but I hate how clunky the controls feel.
>>
No. Boring as hell, controls suck and there's WAY too much shit to remember/take note of.
>>
>>331997073
either you don't remember the game or you're subtly baiting
>>
>>331999408
>>331999308
>controls suck
Nah, they're just different. Lemeza doesn't handle like Mario.
>>
File: nope.png (43 KB, 924x170) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
43 KB, 924x170
>>331992718
I would recommend the first 20 hours as they are way more fun that the last 20

Holy shit fuck this game.

Don't waste your breath telling me to git gud I beat the game and hell temple

Still too fucking esoteric to figure out where the fuck to go without a guide. Damn.

HURRRR THE KEY TO THE BOSS IN HALL OF DEATH IS INSDIE A SHOP DISGUISED AS AN ENEMY SPAWNER

get absolutely fucked in your ass
>>
Nope. Just because it's old school does not mean it has to inherit the flaws of older games. Jumping is bullshit. Puzzles and switches offer very little feedback as to the effect of whatever you just did.

>hurf durf casual
Yeah, nah. I'm not gonna bash my head against the proverbial wall by going around whipping every wall in sight until I killed by those lightening things.
>>
>>332000030
>I don't understand when lightning is going to strike

nah anon, you're the dumbass
>>
>>331999857
>HURRRR THE KEY TO THE BOSS IN HALL OF DEATH IS INSDIE A SHOP DISGUISED AS AN ENEMY SPAWNER
This was fucking bull.
Alongside taking a knee.
And working out what backside door Bahamut opens.
And striking the wedges.
The fact that it's easier to just spam it in every room than to actually work out the puzzle is so dumb.

Mausoleum of the Giants is La-Mulana at its best. Feel people should at least play that level, especially since it's mostly self contained.
Hopefully La-Mulana 2 will have learnt from these mistakes.
>>
>>332000286
>And striking the wedges.

This isn't hard to figure out if you read the manual, but yes, just spamming is faster anyway
>>
I wish the entire game was like Gate of Guidance and Mausoleum of the Giants. Very well-designed mostly self-contained areas. There's some stuff that relates to other areas, but otherwise you can beat the boss without ever leaving. The later areas become too much of a clusterfuck.

>to find the boss you need to do this
>to do this you need to do this
>to do this you need to go to a completely different area and do this
>to do this you need to go to yet another completely different area and do this
>repeat a thousand times

It's just too much.
>>
>>332000642
the only area that's really bullshit is Chamber of Birth

everything else is fine
>>
File: 1369372958150.jpg (259 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1369372958150.jpg
259 KB, 853x480
>>331992718
It is a piece of shit game. Don't fall for the meme.
>>
I wasn't a fan of it. It seemed like the developer was trying to make a cryptic old-school game purely for the sake of making a cryptic old-school game rather than just focusing on making a quality product.

I dropped it fairly quickly because I didn't find the environments or basic gameplay very interesting. I was also put off a bit by the "go grind coins so you can buy the privilege of saving the game and reading text needed to solve puzzles" nonsense at the beginning.
>>
I completely forgot Mulana 2 was a thing

What's the progress been on it so far? Wish I had gotten into the first game earlier so I could've backed the kickstarter
>>
>>332001295
>go grind coins so you can buy the privilege of saving the game and reading text needed to solve puzzles

What? You mean buying the reader? You make like twice that money within two pots.
>>
>>332001492
you can still back it over playism iirc
>>
>>332001816
Man, I'm not liking those graphics.
>>
>>332000461
It isn't a hard puzzle, just incredibly tedious. After I worked the first one out I realized spamming is the smarter way to do it. Shame really, was a real interesting concept.
>>332000750
>stupid ankh jewel location
>annoying elephant enemies
>accidentally hit anything and get zapped
>teleporter puzzles
>constant falling room
Yeah, the Chamber of Birth was horrible, definitely the game's lowpoint. The sub-boss and Palenque are good though.
>>
>>331992718
banned
>>
>>332001870
what's wrong with them? except for the obvious beta textures
>>
>>332001928
I kind of liked the endless falling room, fuck everything else though (especially that fucking elephant you need to kill after you've been taught you can't hit shit)

and yeah Palenque is great, I loved all the "vehicle" bosses

La Mulana is one of the few games where each successive boss gets better and better and the final boss is actually really fun
>>
>>332001719
The "you are allowed to save the game" item was pretty cheap and easily bought after cracking open a couple pots. I seem to recall the text scanner gadget being more expensive, but it's been a while. Either way, it's completely pointless padding.
>>
>>331992718
no, its my personal biggest disappointment and one of the worst games i have ever played
>>
>>332002140
>La Mulana is one of the few games where each successive boss gets better and better and the final boss is actually really fun
agreed.
>tfw dying to Baphomet's final attack
>>
File: 1458746776709.jpg (171 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1458746776709.jpg
171 KB, 1024x768
>>332002703
>>
>>331999857
>Still too fucking esoteric to figure out where the fuck to go without a guide. Damn.
This.
I love this game, I really do, but the puzzles and riddles are backwards fucked in the ass by a transracial AIDS infested tranny fairy.
FUCK GR3 Project in the ass and fuck everyone who is memeing off the "git gud" pharse.
>>
>>332002798
Never been triggered by a video game screenshot before.
Thanks.
>>
>>332003046
trigger you say
>>
>>332003240
Jokes on you, I'm not hardcore enough for Hell Temple.
Love the way you unlock it though, sounds like something 'that kid' would say.
>>
>>332002189
Holy shit you are one of those ADHD millenial toddlers born in Y2K who didn't even bother playing longer than 15 minutes and declared the game shit because he sperged out about some mundane thing he didn't like.
Everything you have to say is automatically rendered moot.
You are not even qualified to shittalk about this game.
>>
>>331997680
>>331998674
You dense faggots.
>>331999448
No shit.

A friend of mine accidentally activated it and didn't realize what it did for a while. When he found out he kept playing stubbornly and ended up beating the game like that.
Don't deprive people of such awesome experiences.
>>
>>332003240
stop time when sliding down the walls
enemies can't hit you when time is stopped
>>
>>332002189
lol
The reader is like equivalent to picking up your weapon for the first time in dark souls. That's how basic it is and how little the money it costs means.

that's seriously what your problem was?
>>
>>332003694
Sadly not everyone is like your friend, and god forbid we give advice to make an already difficult and obtuse game easier.
>>
>>332003834
i know, and the caltrops trick helps a little, too, but it can still be hard actually getting on the ledge of the pegasus whatever you do

also you really kind of want to keep the lamp of time for some later rooms
>>
Great game, very hard and I couldn't beat it yet. Gate of illusion fucked me up badly.
>>
>>332004194
i found the pegasus to be the bitch of the entire situation

fuck the witches room thou
fuck the witches room in hard even more
>>
U ready for Drew to Woo the tanks?
>>
>>332004338
the witches room just takes me a while by spamming chakrams from the entrance killing them all, then it's not that bad

i hate how often you have to redo the pegasus room though
>>
/notready/
>>
>>332004965
I backed the Kickstarter but I don't believe for one second it will live up to the legacy of the original
>>
>>332005162
Even if it doesn't, at least i get a nice boxed copy of the original and the physicial artbook.
>>
>>332005162
What if it's better than the original though? They learn from all the jank and awkward puzzles and produce an even greater masterpiece.
I want to believe.
>>
>>331992718
Don't spoil yourself, and if you do only spoil the bit you need help with, no more.
>>
>>332005162
I'm following it on their forums and I appreciate that they don't seem to give a shit about all the retarded ideas people spout there
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.