[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>WoW will never be good again ;_;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1458934104888.png (1 MB, 1064x688) Image search: [Google]
1458934104888.png
1 MB, 1064x688
>WoW will never be good again
;_;
>>
It's called Nostalrius. Now fuck off.
>>
File: po.png (115 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
po.png
115 KB, 350x350
>>331987770
>again
>>
>Social
ahahahahaha nub
>>
WoW never was good to begin with.

>SWG will never be good again
>>
File: 1418255278213.png (58 KB, 553x759) Image search: [Google]
1418255278213.png
58 KB, 553x759
>Giving DPS gear to a Balance Druid
>Vanilla
>>
Fuck off Finalcuck
>>
>>331990303
>balance was bad dps spec in vanilla
I want this meme to die
>>
>>331987770
>vanilla
>Good
Pick one
>>
SUNDERHORSE MORE LIKE SUCKSAHORSE
>>
>>331991024
Real shame that the hybrid classes got shoehorned into healing or never got raid invites. Unless they were the guild master or an officer or something anyway.
>>
>>331992302
My naxx guild had dps paladins
Many guilds had at least one moonkin to buff caster party
>>
>>331992302
Considering getting DPS is easier than getting healers having a healer hybrid simply gets a spot. Also most hybrids and some neat buffs to make up for being a hybrid class healer rather than pure healer like the priest.

That said the problem has always been, should hybrids be as good in their job as the parent classes. Either you say yes and pure classes just give up diversity for nothing, or you say no and parent classes are prefered because they are better. Only way you could fix this is by making hybrids slightly worse but make bosses so that you need classes that switch roles halfway. Which was impossible since there are talents and healers use different stats from DPS.
>>
WoW was never good. The PVP was unrewarding and all of the quests were boring shit.
>>
>>331990303
>>331991024
They can keep up with other casters if they use major mana potions and other consumables. But when it's progression time and the other casters are using consumables too, you're gonna be back to dead last on dps again. Also, you don't get any hit from talents so you're gonna be using shittier damage gear on average, assuming you even make it that far.

Still, the 3% crit aura is pretty good if there's 4 mages in your group, and it's a funny guild "mascot" to have. The spec itself is pretty fun to play too. I'm a resto druid on Nost right now and I've been collecting balance offspec gear so I can make the switch at some point.
>>
>>331992302
I was a ret pally. My GM was a ret pally too, and he was really fucking good. They used to joke that paladin dps sucked, except his, but he didn't count because he was actually a warrior. I have a video somewhere of him beating a two rogue gank by disorienting one with his goblin rocket helmet for a full minute while he was fucking demolishing the other rogue. I miss when engineering was actually good for something. Learning to throw iron grenades to make up for my lack of stuns and ranged attacks was awesome. Vanilla WoW had many flaws but also so much potential, instead it became no fun/creativity allowed, cookie cutter only while they were burning through the lore like a saturday morning cartoon burns through villains.

I miss that guild. Burning Crusade was already a setback but people kept up with it, but somewhere half way through it became painfully obvious that Blizzard was going to essentially reset WoW with every expansion and ignore what was. Once we lost our inner circle to EvE onlzzzzzzzzz it just dissolved. Every other guild after that just felt hollow, no warmth just a bunch of people trying to accumulate gear and brag/complain.

40 man raids were the coolest. The banter was legendary. Just barely beating new bosses with 39 other people was such a thrill and it got so cozy once you had a dungeon on farm. Out of all the things they've done I lost the most respect for Blizzard for giving up on that.
>>
>>331993003
Or you could actually get creative and give offensive hybrids utility which is needed but other classes don't have. Or combat healing which averages out the loss in DPS with healing. You could even add utility to that combat healing by making it easier/faster to cast in certain situations or if it applies a special buff/shield normal healers can't give.
>>
>>331993727
I guess the problem is that WoW tries to have its cake and eat it by making pve and pvp a priority. Yes hybrids should do slightly less of everything in pvp but they make up for it by being extremely versatile. And yes they should be as good as any other in pve otherwise bringing them would be a hindrance.

With the benefit of hindsight, blizzard has done remarkably well juggling the two over the years.
>>
>>331994389
then you get one for the utility, like the moonkin for the crit aura, the druid for the combat revive/innervation.
>>
>>331987770
>chance to hit

Jesus fuck I'm glad that's gone.
>>
>>331995137
That's assuming the utility doesn't stack at all or can't be used/useful multiple times.
>>
>>331994719
>they should be as good as any other in pve
No, fuck off
Just play any mmo with actually support classes, hybrids were just that
And when braindead raids ended(MC and BWL) guilds surprisingly started taking them in the raids.
>>
>>331995343
Didn't it get replaced by a bunch of even more retarded stats?
>>
>>331995487
>guilds surprisingly started taking them in the raids
Why? What changed?
>>
>finalflash

I guess nosg stopped putting up with your bullshit huh?

Kill yourself you attention whore
>>
It never was.
>>
>>331990254
Fuck off Star Wars faggot. Your obsession with embarrassing franchises for children doesn't make them good.
>>
>>331995873
Then what's warcraft?
>>
>>331995487
WoW isn't other mmos, cuntface. If it were it wouldn't still be on top. Even after the sub drop during WoD it's still the best mmo out there. The only other one even comparable is EVE and that's because it's does it's own thing. It's not just another "like WoW but..."
>>
>>331994113
>Once we lost our inner circle to EvE onlzzzzzzzzz it just dissolved
Could've been worse, could've lost your guild to Age of Conan.
>>
>>331996581
Definitely. Clan is still going on EvE. For all its flaws at least that game won't erase your hard work with each expansion. I just struggled to get into it and so did a few other members. But at least the community wasn't entirely lost/destroyed. Even the former members who don't play EvE stay social. Still, the magical enthusiasm is gone. WoW was the promise of something great, and instead it dragged MMOs down as a genre. It was supposed to be the chosen one. It was supposed to destroy the limitations of MMOs, not reinforce them.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.