[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference between the 360 and Xbone controllers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: xboxone-glossywhite_4.png (148 KB, 460x330) Image search: [Google]
xboxone-glossywhite_4.png
148 KB, 460x330
What's the difference between the 360 and Xbone controllers? Is it worth buying the Xbone if you already use a 360 for PC games?
>>
>>331966297
As far as I'm aware the only real difference in function is that the Xbone controller's dpad isn't complete garbage. If you're not gonna use the dpad no reason to switch from a 360 controller.
>>
>>331966297
While I think the Xbone controller ismsligntly better, there's really not much point of you already have a decent 360 one. They're fucking expensive as well. The Lunar white one is like £45.
>>
>>331966392
Ah, I already own a USB SNES controller for those games.
>>
>>331966297
Triggers have a curve to them so you can hit them easier with small hands or claw grip
Bumpers are a lot more firm
They all have a microusb port so all you need is one of those to go wired
>>
>>331966297
>dpad is okay now
>bumpers have a horribly deafening click to them, with even worse feedback than the 360 controller, and depending on where you place your finger, it might not even register your input even though there is a definite 'click'
>analog sticks are tiny as fuck
>triggers feel too flimsy to press, unless a game offers vibrator resistance

one step forward, ten steps back
>>
>>331966297

The thumbsticks are more solid and move easier, that and the bumpers aren't so goddamn squeky.
>>
>>331967561
>Triggers too flimsy

They're tight as fuck m8. Best triggers I've ever used. Bumpers are also good on the newer models. There isn't a stupid click anymore and they register from anywhere with little resistance.
>>
I like the Xbone controller a lot more than teh 360 one. I actually even liked the DS3 better than the 360 controller as well, but I'm liking the xbone a whole lot more
>>
360 controller is better
>>
Maybe I'm retarded but I still have trouble using the right thumbstick. I overshoot it sometimes,
>>
>>331966297
DS4
>>
>>331966392
As some one who owns an Xbone controller I can tell you it's dpad is the worst one this gen
>>
how do the buttons compare to the 360 controller?

one of the things i hated so much about the 360 controller was that the face buttons were so clicky and hard to press compared to the comfy squishiness of nintendo and playstation controllers.
>>
File: 1446668647420.png (120 KB, 297x251) Image search: [Google]
1446668647420.png
120 KB, 297x251
>>331969035
>>331970890
>he thinks d-pads are "different"
>he thinks there is/was a "good d-pad"
>he uses his nostalgia as a placebo
>>
>>331971869
Where the fuck did I mentioned Dpads or older controllers?
I simply said my order of preference is Xbone > DS3 > 360
>>
>>331970890
This anon is correct. Overall everything else is better, though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.