[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is TM:PS3 Any Good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Saw this today, I loved Twisted Metal Black and just curious what's the thought on this game?
>>
File: 1366831275228.png (19 KB, 291x317) Image search: [Google]
1366831275228.png
19 KB, 291x317
It's nothing compared to black or any other, really.

>only 3 or so stories
>one character drives any car
>sweet tooth made into a Pussy
>only stories are Mr Grim, Sweet tooth, and Darkside
>RACES.

Bosses are okay, but the last stretch of the game is frustratingly ridiculous. Besides that, the combat is brety gud
>>
>>331884410
Also, combat is really simplified.

No need for combos to shoot a ice attack or shield or mine.
>>
>>331883363
trash
>>
>>331883363
>Only 3 stories
>Zero connections to the lore of TM/2/Black/Head-on. They fuck up the whole split personality aspect of the previous games
>Races. RACES!
>Mr. Grim can drive anything... Really. Even Axel.
>Glitches galore
>Nobody plays online anymore
I mean it's kinda alright I guess
>>
>>331883363

Don't expect it to be amazing. It's a fun game though. If you get it for cheap you will enjoy it
>>
Amazing gameplay, shit stories, dead online.
>>
Really could use a no-frills cheap PS4 port just to revitalize the online for a couple months.
>>
>>331883363
Combat was pretty good in comparison to that to Black, you can now more easily run and gun rather than Black's problem with aiming shit such as the ice attack or Roadkill's special, for example.

If you're expecting stories you shouldn't even pick this shit up. There's 3 stories rotating around Sweet Tooth, Dollface and Mr. Grimm. They aren't really impressive, and it was clear that the quality of TM:PS3's single player that the game was meant to be strictly multiplayer.

Regarding the Multiplayer, it died in like 8 months of release. Nobody plays it anymore, considering it's also last-gen.
>>
I liked TM Black but one thing pisses me off so much
Darkside originally driven by Mr. Ash who is supposedly the devil, is now driven by Dollface. Now in her intro she says she got the truck from a trucker she got a ride from. So either
1)Mr. Ash was on his way to the tournament, gave her a ride and got hijacked
Which is unlikely
2)She hijacked a random truck that looks like Darkside and just so happened to name it Darkside

Either way it's never really explained and it just feels like the devs wanted a new driver but didn't want to create a new vehicle.
I want Mr. Ash back dammit
>>
I bought it because black was included.
Far better game in general.
>>
>>331889014
He only appeared in the first game, the godawful third one and Small Brawl spin-off. Why care about him so much?
>>
>>331889647
I just like him more than Dollface. I mean DF is cool and all she just needs her own vehicle.
Ash was supposed to be in TM2 but was cut for some reason
>>
>>331889926
I'm afraid he ended up being replaced by Dollface.
>>
>>331889014
The entirety of black is an alternate universe which takes place in Needles Kain's mind.
Minion's story confirms this.
also Minion in Black is Roadkill's driver from 2, which is pretty cool.
>>
>>331890089
They had Ash back in the RC spin off and planned to include him in a cancelled PS3 ga,e where everything was post apocalyptic after the tournament ended up destroying most of civilization
>>
>>331890871
Here is my over TM timeline:
Twisted Metal comic (only 100 made but it's online)
TMB: Mr. Grmm's ending (set in 2001)
TM1: Outlaw
TM2: Axel
TM2: Roadkill
TMB: Brimstone (We enter sweet tooth's mind at this point essentially the world Marcus awakens to. AKA it was no dream)
TM Head On: Road Kill (Something isn't right with Marcus)
TM PS3: Sweet Tooth (Left for dead)
TM Head On: Sweet Tooth (Essentially the end of the series. It's clear now that Marcus and sweet tooth are one. Gets his revenge and takes over for good)
>>
>>331892069
Are TM3 and 4 not canon?
>>
>>331883363
its okay
>>
>>331892707
Made by a different team and David Chappie openly dislikes them and wants nothing to do with them.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.