[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thanks Ubishit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Thanks Ubishit
>>
>>331874435

>134 reviews
>Just released today

Hopefully that'll change, it's pretty dumb how much a vast improvement over older games is being shitted on because muh comfort zone.
>>
>>331874435
Curious
What went wrong?
>>
>>331874569
No it's getting shit on for Ubisoft removing dedicated servers because consoles
>>
Seems fine except no dedicated servers.
>>
>>331874637
Ubishit + Nadeo
>no dedicated servers
>no mods
>no nickname customization
>no skin customization
>activation problems with uplay
>shitty map editor on PC
>minimal graphical settings and FXAA only
>>
>>331874637
Dedicated servers are gone. You can't customise shit any more.
>>
I know nothing about this game but from my experience TM is pretty based, is something wrong with it in particular?
>>
File: 1458102076819.jpg (68 KB, 325x350) Image search: [Google]
1458102076819.jpg
68 KB, 325x350
>positive reviews everywhere else
>>
Wait wasnt this game long out on Steam?

Did they patch it to be terrible deliberately and removed things from it?
>>
>>331875814
Read the thread for fucks sake

Anyone who bought the game can confirm if speed drift is still present in this game, or at least in the stadium environment?

Pretty much what separates scrubs from pros in trackmania is sd.
>>
>>331874863

Yeah, a dumb pathetic meme of an argument instead of something important like it straight up not working.

Here's the thing: It's still running on dedicated servers, you're just not allowed to absolutely flood them with garbage UI, and as a result it's guaranteed even grounds with crossplay for records.
>>
>>331876279
I haven't played the game in forever.
I know absolutely nothing but randomly jumping into servers and tryin to win.
Also, didn't it get released on ps4? So their decision for no dedicated servers is really just turning their backs on PC? idfk
>>
>>331876841

There are dedicated servers, you're just not allowed to throw up your own.
In exchange we get a bunch of QoL improvements like finally being able to just start a session with friends and not have a huge fucking hassle about it. Like how local multiplayer didn't let you just race fucking normally like online in previous TMs.
>>
>>331876279
not him but "thanks ubishit" is a compelling argument as to why it's bad

nigga, i aint reading every comment. need hot scoops in the main post or i'm out.
>>
>>331875236

>no mods
>no nickname customisation
Muh unreadable frankenstein handles with rainbow fonts
>no MS Paint skin customisation

Are the only arguments that are true essentially.
There are graphic setting options as much as the previous TMs, and works fine. Most people are too retarded to find it even though Steam throws you a
>Launch
>Config
window.
>>
So does it actually run fine then? United was the first game I refunded on Steam because I couldn't even get it to launch.
>>
>>331877342

Yeah, uplay is pretty slick compared to when it first came out. Only problem is it can patch itself outside of Steam, so you can get held up for a minute after Steam finished patching/downloading.

People complain about logging in twice, even though it was Steam + Maniaplanet before, and just like then you can easily set Steam + Uplay to log-in automatically. It's actually quite fast how you can get into TMT.
>>
Should I get it for Ps4 (got me no games)
or pc
>>
>>331877795
Doesn't really matter, same experience.
>>
>>331877795
PS4
PC version is a shit port as always
>>
>>331877795
PS4, the support for pad on PC will be shit. If you play with a wheel I don't know what is the best.
>>
>>331877904
oh?
I hear the best players use keyboard
>>
>>331877992
Lie.
>>
File: 1440793592847.jpg (17 KB, 152x154) Image search: [Google]
1440793592847.jpg
17 KB, 152x154
>>331878035
okay
>>
>>331877992
Analog direction is mandatory. For the thrust and brake, you can do with non analog (what is the term for non analog).
>>
Is it worth getting? or is everyone going to stick to older games. Which game is the most popular?
>>
>>331874435
Nadeo have shown time and time again that they fail to udnerstand what made their most popular game: trackmania nations, their best game.

They think they can just shit out any old racing game and have some success, but fail to realise the quality of nations is in the consistency of its game engine and the way it handles pyhsics etc.

The mere fact they are releasing trackmanias on console now just shows you how out of touch they are.
>>
>>331877907
when people call PC ports shit, its because they are clones of the console version, with no thought given to the superior options avaliable on the PC. For example Dark souls.

The PC version of dark souls is objectively superior in every regard to the console version. Yet is infamous for being one of PCs worst ports, despite having more content and running at a better framerate than its console version.

What you consolefag cancer call a shit PC port, is still a better version than your console experience., faggot.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.