[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sales 250 000 units while Firewatch sold over 500k in just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: som.jpg (152 KB, 807x736) Image search: [Google]
som.jpg
152 KB, 807x736
>sales 250 000 units while Firewatch sold over 500k in just a month.
>only 5 mods have been released, way less than for Amnesia
>Hidding and not being able to fight back has gotten really old
Frictionnal Games on suicide watch
>>
Here's the attention you were begging for, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish you just looked lonely in here.
>>
>Hidding and not being able to fight back has gotten really old

Yea people actually want no gameplay now
>>
Doesn't help that SOMA was complete garbage.
>>
>>331874193
maybe because it was shit
>>
>>331874193
Maybe they should have went with developing a good game instead of boasting how philosophical and sophisticated the game would be on social media before the release.
Granted, this doesn't explain why Firewatch is doing good.
>>
SOMA was great. It was the least scary game made by those guys, but the most interesting and fun. I loved exploring that shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8n2jcrQY5o
>>
>>331874968
It wasn't as good as amnesia, but it certainly wasn't garbage. It was a decent game.
>>
story was good, gameplay wasn't.
it should have been made into a movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eytOzwyfiCA
>>
>>331874193
Frictional thinks Soma had mediocre sales because people were unsure of its genre. They didn't know whether it was sci-fi or horror, and it turned off fans of both. They say in the future they won't mix genres as much.
>>
>>331874193
It sold less than firewatch because it's not a shitty twitch meme game (a category which amnesia also falls into)

It has less mods because it doesn't have a bunch of drag and drop assets that you can make something new from.

And "hiding and not being able to fight back" wont be old as soon as pewdiepie decides to make another video about that kind of game

P.s. I thought both amnesia and soma were lame as fuck
>>
>>331875632
Firewatch had E3 coverage, pandered to Sjws and was multiplatform. You also can't die and there is no actual threats.
Soma relied on frictional games fanbase and word of mouth. It's also pc only.
>>
>game is 3 hours long and costs $30

Yeah I was looking forward to this game too but I ended up refunding it.
>>
>>331878414
>Firewatch had E3 coverage, pandered to Sjws and was multiplatform
E3 coverage and multiplatform are the only two variables that matter there.
>>
>>331878414
>It's also pc only.
it's on PS4 too
>>
>>331878592
Considering I didn't know that. I doubt many other people did.
>>331878590
>implying
Pandering to specific people can shoot up sales.
>>
WAU did nothing wrong.
>>
>>331877224
>no, they´re not my hands either
MY SIDES
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.