[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did we let this happen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: games.jpg (32 KB, 480x566) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
32 KB, 480x566
Sadly the era of a whole game bought from day 1 is long gone, no longer will we ask our friends if they managed to unlock that police outfit in resident evil. All the racers in crash team racing. The super grenade gun in dino crisis...
Now we have, "Have you bought the outfit? its on sale for only 99c!"..
What was the last AAA game that you bought that actually gave you 100% of the content on day 1, with nothing hidden behind a jew wall...?
>>
>>331873315
Probably Skyward Sword or the first Xenoblade
>>
>>331873315
Would Yakuza be considered AAA?
>>
>>331873315
This sounds epic, should post it on /r/gaming
>>
>>331873315
>What was the last AAA game that you bought that actually gave you 100% of the content on day 1, with nothing hidden behind a jew wall...?
all of them, since I never buy DLC and never will
>>
File: tears.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
tears.gif
2 MB, 245x245
>>331873315
>What was the last AAA game that you bought that actually gave you 100% of the content on day 1, with nothing hidden behind a jew wall...?
Fuck man I don't know. Devil May Cry 4 I guess.
>>
>>331874083
So yeah, you never had an actual complete game.
>>
>>331873315
LOL
>>
As much as people bitch and complain about this (and trust me, no one is on the other side of this), if you look at the situation from an economics standpoint, DLC has become a necessity for most triple A titles. Even games selling in the millions still fail to make back the investment in them, and those that are profitable are generally only barely so, less than 10% return on investment. So for the big games, this new norm isn't even money hungry bullshit most of the time, its a necessity. One failed AAA title means your studio gets shut down, happens all the time (see Drive Club THIS WEEK).

At the same time, there are more than double the number of games being released when compared to 2010, and dour times as many when compared to 2000. There are thousands of games a year, abd most of them are smaller, cheaper, and just as good as the AAA market. Indie is one of the best trends in the history of the market. Its's unfortunate that the divergence of cheaper titles and massive titles has left little to nothing in the middleground (40-60$, but that doesn't mean that gaming is dying.

In short, shut the fuck up with this bitchy complaining, you're not contributing anything at all and no one cares.
>>
>>331874072
what? /r/ is adult requests..
>>
>>331874221
there is no more game, that's the point

it's like you can only ever go halfway into the woods, because after that you're going out of the woods
>>
>buying AAA games on day 1

I fucking hate neo-/v/
>>
If gaming companies had the means to sell you dlc back in the "good old days" they would have.
>>
>>331873315
We didn't "let" this happen, we never had a choice. The average person is completely powerless. That's why some criminal like Hillary is winning the election so far instead of rotting in prison like she deserves. There is no justice and you can't do a damn thing to fix it.
>>
>>331874238
>Drive Club
And nothing of value will be lost.
>>
>>331875131
Right, but that's just one example, each year at least one studio is shuttered when their big game undersells.
>>
>>331873315
The answer is always normies
>>
>>331873315
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
>>
>>331873315
Probably some GOTY edition for something.
These days, if you buy a game day 1 then you deserve to be milked for more money. You are telling publishers right off that you have no manner of self control.

Most games come out with an edition that has everything on it about a year later for the standard price. And if you wait just a bit longer, you can get even that at a reduced price.

This is done because the publishers know they have already fished all the money they can out of those who need the content when it is released, and the only way to make money out of those more conservative with their wallets is to offer them everything to them for the same price people bought the base game for on day one.

Stop playing their game, knock some titles off your backlog and just wait a bit. The full game gets released eventually every time.
>>
>>331874220
>>What was the last AAA game that you bought that actually gave you 100% of the content on day 1, with nothing hidden behind a jew wall...?
Every COD game before MW2 actually
>>
I was going to say The Phantom Pain then I remembered MB coins. Going to kill myself bc you're right.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.