[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salt & Sanctuary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 14861859619_3b56cebaea_z.jpg (46 KB, 640x286) Image search: [Google]
14861859619_3b56cebaea_z.jpg
46 KB, 640x286
I'm kinda hype for Salt & Sanctuary. Not for the Dark Soul aspect, but for the Metroidvania aspect. I love a good Metroidvania.

It should be coming on PC later this year after the PS4 bought exclusivity end.

For people who want to see it in action, Bunnyhop did a video on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyDuRUiNqgI
>>
File: 1458841317604-1692881960.jpg (1006 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1458841317604-1692881960.jpg
1006 KB, 2048x1152
The metroidvania aspect is pretty small. I'm at least half way into it and there have been like two "metriod" type movement upgrades and they're barely used.

It's an awesome 2D darksouls though. Great character variation available. Not quite as hard or grindy as darksouls can get.
>>
>>331871808
any chance for a 3ds release ?
>>
>>331872085
Doubt it. It's PS4, Xbox One and PC.
>>
It has the same problem as darksouls has where a lot of core mechanics aren't really explained.

And go make matters worse there's not as much online information because it's newer/not as popular.
>>
I'm enjoying it so far.
>>
>>331871808
>metroidvania aspect

its a 2d game you fucking mong
>>
I'm playing on ps4 and this game:
1. Rips off dark souls to an embarrassing degree. Every single bit of the art style, HUD, menus, mechanics, etc are just stolen.

2. This is one of the worst artsyles I have ever seen. It literally looks new grounds tier in its character design and animation. Also, the backgrounds are horrendous.
>>
I beat it and it's okay. They have a lot of cool weapons and I still had a couple of bosses I hadn't found before I finished it
>>
>>331875182
It was made by two people and neither of them are artists, so thats probably why everything looks like hot garbage

I remember hearing that most of the art assets were made in photoshop
>>
As somebody who has played thousands of hours of souls games, and a good amount of Metroidvania games, I can say this is a solid 2d metroidvania game, and is pretty comfy.

Unique bosses and enemies, but pretty simple weapons and spells. Worth an ng+ run and a second playthrough with a different style.

It honestly feels like if you mixed Souls with castlevania, and sprinkled a little darkest dungeon atmosphere on top.
>>
>>331875630
>I remember hearing that most of the art assets were made in photoshop
That's not uncommon for games, though, or any art related thing. Photoshop is super common in industries.

The art could use work, yeah.

i think i can enjoy the game though
>>
>>331874862
What? Metroidvanias and 2D games in general are different.
>>
File: metroid.jpg (20 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
metroid.jpg
20 KB, 636x358
>>331874476
Pic related is you
>>
>>331876329
>Unique bosses and enemies
3 bosses in so far and they've all sucked. Do they get better? Talking about Sodden Knight, Queen of Smiles and Cyclops.
>>
>>331873183
>PS4 bought exclusivity end
It's not bought. The game is part of Sony's Indie shit program.
>>
>>331878334
Well that's a normal question that a 7 yo would ask. It's just that back in the 90's not every 6 yo could post online and ask.
>>
>>331878397
Sodden Knight is a boring first boss, Queen of Smiles I didn't find very interesting, and cyclops is probably the boss with the least versatile moveset. It only gets better.
>>
>>331878575
Still bought. Sony gave money to them and financed them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.