[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a game that can rival Bloodborne's atmosphere?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Bloodborne.jpg (2 MB, 3533x2118) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.jpg
2 MB, 3533x2118
Has there ever been a game that can rival Bloodborne's atmosphere?

>Beautiful gothic horror setting, done perfectly
>sickness that makes you feel as if you're also losing your mind, which is backed up by the highly aggressive and reckless gameplay it encourages you to play with
>some enemies are legitimately scared of you
>feeling of discovery is 10x greater than any Dark Souls, uncovering new bosses isn't just finding out about the grim medieval monsters that have risen, but actually gets to the core of the beings behind reality and how their omnipotence can send a mere human intellect crazy

I mean sure the game has flaws, but it's probably one of the most interesting experiences that has ever come from a console exclusive.
>>
>>331862027
SotC I guess
>>
There are too few games with a gothic horror setting in general honestly.
>>
File: Dollentine.jpg (220 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Dollentine.jpg
220 KB, 500x300
Probably yes, but there's no vidya girl that can rival Doll's bestness.
>>
File: 1449197236196.png (132 KB, 248x290) Image search: [Google]
1449197236196.png
132 KB, 248x290
>Cuthulu games
>>
File: stalker_cop1.jpg (68 KB, 450x276) Image search: [Google]
stalker_cop1.jpg
68 KB, 450x276
Stalker games have such good atmosphere.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 500x393
>the first time the amygdalas become visible
>>
Where is the sickdark guy? he normally rears his head about now....
>>
Any Nintendo game

/thread.
>>
>>331862672
What are Amygdala's from a lore perspective? I never figured that one out. Are they the children of the great ones?
>>
>>331862912
Here's a (You) for your efforts.
>>
>>331863163
no, those always die (possibly because Moon Presence is jealous and sends hunters to kill them) the Amys are just minor space aliens
>>
>>331863303
What are they doing there then? Is there any agreed upon reason?

And what the fuck is the moon presence's problem?
>>
>>331863163
Amygdala's are Great Ones that just like to hang out on churches and grab people. They come in a variety of sizes.
>>
>play it for a bit
>beat the first 3 bosses
>game has like no weapons
>same environment in every area
>retarded Gatling gun part that kills the game's atmosphere
>enemies start having 1-shot grab attacks
>realize it's just another rehashed souls game but less fun
>play driveclub instead
>spend 50 hours on it, fun as fuck
>go back to bloodborne
>oh god this is tedious
>sell PS4 for 3/4 of what I bought it for
>focus on productive hobbies
>>
>>331863502

Probably listening to prayers. Some Great Ones are sympathetic to humans.
>>
>>331863502
MP doesn't have genitals, so he's probably sterile and wants to fuck over every other Great One because they aren't, but that's just my theory.
>>
>>331863502
>>331863559
I think they're just denizens of the nightmare zone.
>>
>>331862027
Dragon Dogma at night
>>
>>331863502
>>331863676

The Moon Presence is who's ultimately in charge of the Hunter's Dream, yeah, but I don't think it's specifically after all the other Great Ones. Why would it care? It has its surrogate.
>>
>>331863585
I thought the same when I first played it, and it sat on my shelf for a good fortnight while I played Fallout. When I came back to it however, I had a fucking blast. If you play the game for what it is and allow yourself to be patient with it, it becomes fun as absolute fuck.
>>
>>331863163
they are big brothers of the messangers

while messangers think hunters are cool and awesome, amygdalas think they are lame and boring and have grown out of that shit. instead they brood on top of churches.
>>
>>331865107
Speaking of which, are there any bigger bros in video gaming than the messengers? Those dudes are cool as fuck. If I was a hunter I'd just hang out in the dream all day chilling with those guys, sipping on my coldbloods getting high as fuck
>>
Name a spookier area than Upper Cathedral Ward in the whole series.
Protip, you can't.
>>
>>331862541
I got stalker but I still don't feel the horror yet. It feels dark and lonely but not what I was expecting from lurking in stalker threads.
>>
File: AMAlice.png (673 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
AMAlice.png
673 KB, 1024x1024
Just finished pic related yesterday and absolutely loved the atmosphere.

Started the second and something just seems off about it.
>>
>>331865867
The Doll and the Chapel Dweller
>>
>>331863559
I believe that, where as Ebrietas, Moon Presence, and Oedon are difficult to comprehend but ultimately try to help in their own ways, the Amygdala are outright malicious.
>>
Darkest dungeon has great atmosphere.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.