[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Risen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: risen-PC-US-packshot_2D_FINAL.jpg (169 KB, 753x1063) Image search: [Google]
risen-PC-US-packshot_2D_FINAL.jpg
169 KB, 753x1063
Just got this. Anything I should know before getting into it?
>>
Finish all bandit quests before going into Harbor Town.
>>
Don't listen to the first dude you meet in the game. He's gonna tell you to go to the bandit camp - an area that you are woefully underleveled for. Instead go in the direction of the harbour town.
>>
Get a nodepad and a pen.

Write down all the caves/areas/tombs where there are powerful enemies like Ghouls and do them latter.
Much latter.
>>
>>331854272
You get better combat moves with a higher skill level.
>>
Anyone want a free copy of this shitty game?

I've had one in my inventory for years.

Warning: It's shit
>>
>>331854981
>>331854935
WHO TO TRUST?
>>
File: Gnome_ghoul.jpg (534 KB, 1280x707) Image search: [Google]
Gnome_ghoul.jpg
534 KB, 1280x707
>>331855072
>mfw during that pirate quest I just aggroed the ghoul inside the cavern and let him kill all the pirates
>>
Don't get found by the Order and beat up(game tells you to this MULTIPLE times), you'll be automatically locked to their route and won't be able to become a full fledged mage or a proper fighter, but some half-assed inbetween staff faggot
>>
>>331855218
Just see for yourself. If you are dying in 2 hits from a random moth then you probably shouldn't be in this area. If you are dying in 2 hits from a ghoul then that's just how the game works. Summon a skelebro and tough it out.
>>
>>331855271
To be fair it's a fun route.
>selling weed
>getting dude drunk and stealing his sword
>investigating a murder
>>
I really enjoyed the combat in this game.
Fucking people up in that fight club was dope as well.

Are the sequels as fun?
>>
>>331854272
No level scaling
Amazing combat system
Enemies don't respawn
Very linear
Barrels with water
>>
>>331855809
They are very different, but ok, if you don't go in expecting the same game.
>>
>>331855993
>Very linear
You can explore the entire map from level 1
>>
>>331855993
>Very linear
I literally got beaten when I tried to open the chest in the big guy's house.
>>
>>331856131
It would be amazing if the Risen 1 map was the size of Gothic 3
>>
game is ok. not that great.

I enjoyed two worlds 2 epic edition a lot more. Playing a mage is a ton of fun.
>>
>>331854935
But this gives you tons of money and thus hugely diminishes the fun you can have in town.
>>
>>331855271
>implying templar isn't the best
Freezing shit and then stomping it is still ong as fuck.

And Mage sucks complete cock in Risen unless you want to buff yourself and hit on shit with your staff.
>>
File: Gothic-3-ss00.jpg (136 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Gothic-3-ss00.jpg
136 KB, 1600x1200
How do I have fun with Gothic 3?
>>
>>331857521
I heard that uninstall.exe mod will improve the game
>>
I never joined the mages
What did i miss?
>>
>>331857682
Why did everything go so, so wrong?
Gothic 1: nice
Gothic 2: amazing
Gothic 3: pig disgusting, puke inducing gameplay
Risen: nice
Risen 2: pig disgusting, puke inducing gameplay
Risen 3: averagem, puke inducing gameplay
PB has no excuses anymore.
>>
>>331857868
Gothic 4 is Arcanum something right? Is it good?
>>
>>331858036
Gothic 4 doesn't exist.
>>
>>331857868
publisher meddling
>>
>>331857868
After gothic 2 they tried to apt oblivion without the manpower, money or marketing machination of bethesda
Risen was when they return to form with their gothic team
By r2: try to streamline their game again, but now without the original team
By r3: try to incorporate the gothic feel back but still keep it mainstream. still, they dont care anymore toward the end.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.