[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the new Trackmania? Is it good or shitty consolised trash?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: GeeYSfA.jpg (90 KB, 641x464) Image search: [Google]
GeeYSfA.jpg
90 KB, 641x464
How is the new Trackmania?

Is it good or shitty consolised trash?
>>
>>331849174
Consolized trash.
>>
Jesus Christ.
>>
>can't host dedi servers
>trackmania is very popular at small lans we run
>???

lol. fuck those guys then.
>>
>>331849534
also, working in software dev;
>don't want additional dev branch for PC because it'll make more complex

Literal incompetence.
>>
>>331849174
what the fuck was the point of the PC version then if people will stick with stadium instead?
>>
It has Uplay too, right? The last three games didn't have that.
>>
I had a feeling when they announced it also for consoles and they had a different publisher itd be shit. Did anyone watch the quicklook of it? I know how much Gerstmann likes Trackmania, so what was his opinion on it. I saw him griping on twitter a while later about server stuff too.
>>
File: 1457959016740.jpg (101 KB, 513x486) Image search: [Google]
1457959016740.jpg
101 KB, 513x486
>>331849174

>playing TM games after United.
>>
>>331849174

>no dedicated servers
>uplay

Well atleast both the old and Tm2 are perfectly enjoyable to play still and I highly doubt they could improve the gameplay at all
>>
>>331849702
At least they dropped the separate nadeo login thing.
>>331849339
It's ok, the series wasn't selling for shit on PC anyway.
>>
>>331849938
>series wasn't selling for shit on PC anyway

wat, trackmania has been a pc staple game since forever

the fact that its not even pirate friendly since 2 even more so

Any sales its lost its because 2 is a rehash
>>
>>331849938
I'd take the Nadeo login over uPlay.
>>
File: fucking stupid.png (125 KB, 749x282) Image search: [Google]
fucking stupid.png
125 KB, 749x282
>99.95% of tracks in TM2 were user created
>had their own leaderboards
>user owned dedicated server locals as well as dedimania.

TM:T will have ZERO leaderboards for user created tracks

I don't have a reaction image with enough angry confusion
>>
>>331850204
I feel you.
>>331850150
It was always very niche.
>>
What's the worst environment and why is it Rollercoaster lagoon?
also what the fuck does changing the material do?
>>
>>331850393

Niche yes but it was very succesful on PC.
hell as far as I can tell if its doing like crap anywhere its basically the US, not even a platform
>>
How is the singleplayer content?
>>
>>331850342
>Make sure to use our Trackmania AutoTrackMakerâ„¢
>>
>>331850342
Lol, and I was semi-considering getting it, but holy fuck nope, not any more.
>>
>>331850342

>Caring for leaderboards in a game that's only playable for burning through new content in a short time, and leaderboards go against that by making times persistent across sessions

>>331849174

>Caring for dedis when all the Trackmanias have had no collision, weak synchronisation client side based netcode

You may as well just play with peer to peer because it won't make a damn bit of difference.
>>
>>331850682
Oh, look, someone who played the game for 5 minutes.
>>
>>331850682
>Missing the point completely
wew lad
>>
I'll just play the ancient track mania forever. Plenty of customization, feels like a game with clean and crisp design and graphics, no reason to upgrade to something that has less fun. I use LAN on all my oldies for when internet is out or other such bullshittery.
>>
>>331850682

>i have never played trackmania and have no idea what it is about
>>
>>331850760
>>331850772
>>331850807

>Missing the point this hard

Let's hear your arguments besides shitposting then.
Or do you genuinely believe anything other than PB records matter? That laggy, almost unusable interface that merely chokes the server is a good design decision? That planets are even fucking relevant?
>>
>>331850342

This is fucking hilarious.

Thanks ubisoft, I guess Trackmania 3 is coming next year too.
>>
>>331850867
What the hell are you even talking about? The leaderboards ARE the reason to keep playing. Improving your time and climbing the ranks are a clear sign of where you stand in the community. Getting a personal best is great, but the leaderboards are what steers the community. What's the point in mastering a track if you have no one to compete against?
>>
So wait, are there no custom maps either?
Fuck Nadeo?
>>
>>331851021

No no, please keep making custom maps for our game even though it wont have leaderboards and you cant host them yourself.

pls make all the content for our game again pls pls
>>
File: 1435994380639.jpg (130 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1435994380639.jpg
130 KB, 900x675
>>331850867
>Not always going for 1st place to hear your national anthem.
Do you even patriot?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.