[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember me, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: brink_2-wallpaper-1366x768.jpg (309 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
brink_2-wallpaper-1366x768.jpg
309 KB, 1366x768
Remember me, /v/?
>>
It's a shame that it died so hard.
There were some good ideas in there.
>>
I still have my copy that I picked up cheap.

It wasn't bad - just released in the wrong era.
>>
File: 1456029305623.jpg (24 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
1456029305623.jpg
24 KB, 352x352
>>331841826
Yeah, I had tons of fun with you, played competitively.

Had a good parkor system that sadly wasn't utilized in other games.

Journalists that reviewed it had no idea what they were talking about. Not because they gave it low scores, but rather their retarded claims in the text, such as "Light class is useless".

Meanwhile, in the brief competitive scene it had and almost all servers, Light class was the ONLY fucking class used because the parkor combined with the speed of the Light class made it OP, leaving Medium and Heavy heavily underpowered in comparison and it was first later this was fixed trough balance patches.

Game had imbalance problems with guns (Only one was used pretty much), bots/singleplayer sucked (Who the fuck bought this for singleplayer anyway though? Still, it was terrible and shouldn't be excused, either make it good or don't add it in at all).

There was also several gamebreaking bugs at released sadly but it was fun once they were fixed.

It had potential and if players had kept playing, it could've been a long lasting, fun experience. But ultimately, the gamebreaking bugs at release, imbalances and shitty reviews from retards that obviously had not really played the game much at all killed it.
>>
>>331842161
>Had a good parkor system that sadly wasn't utilized in other games.

are you fucking kidding?

the parkour system was a joke which pretty much amounted to an even more simplistic version of the AC games

and recently, Dying Light has all but surpassed it
>>
Will we ever see BRINK 2?
>>
>>331842270
Try dirty bomb... It's shit
>>
>>331842261
No, I'm not fucking kidding, there's a reason why light class was the most used class and why so many utilized the parkor in the competitive scene.

What is your complaint? That it was too easy to perform? The whole idea was that you only needed to press a button. Is that why you thought it was bad?

Or what was it?
>>
>>331841826
Oh yeah! The game i played a heavy with the minigun and beat every mission like it was easy peasy.
Good times
>>
>>331841826
Hahaha
Shit, I still remember being hyped for this, and then all of my dreams being crushed by intense rubberbanding. I never even went back once the servers were fixed.
>>
File: 1384937939376.png (31 KB, 201x160) Image search: [Google]
1384937939376.png
31 KB, 201x160
>>331841826
>Preordered and bought day one
>Also preordered and bought Dragon Age 2 a few months before that

That's why I don't preorder anything anymore.
>>
>>331842319
So it's basically an improvement.
>>
>>331841826
waste of 50 space credits desu
>>
>>331841826
I was among the very last players. We were about 30-50 playing up until last year.
There still a small group, I think, that plays on their own schedule once in every while.

It's one of the "had great potential" type of games. Few poor mechanical executions, poor technical execution...
>>
>this and the Shadowrun shooter
Both could have been something special
>>
>>331841826
>preordered Brink
>had fun
>newness wore off, began to see flaws
>fucking map imbalance
>quit it not too long after.

>get SWTOR because friend said it would be a WoW-killer
>ok, it's fun
>PvP revealed the horrors, laggy as fuck, animation/casting flaws
>get to endgame, nobody there, can't do shit

Now i know not to get preorders.
>>
This game actually had some interesting ideas and a pretty good aesthetic, the music was great too

It's a shame they shot themselves in the foot with the unplayable online
>>
if they remade it but fixed the gunplay i'd buy it
>>
File: 1769087.jpg (475 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1769087.jpg
475 KB, 1920x1200
>>331844457
Same. There was so much they could've done with it but fucked it up.
>>
I loved how the rebels were actually in the wrong, it's refreshing.
>>
>>331842161
Nope, it was fucking wank, end of
>>
>graphical errors with radeon cards which at that time had half the userbase using them
>admit to not actually having playtested the game with different pc configurations
the steam forums would not shut up about it

>the famous "must watch cinematic" moment when booting the game explaining the modes and mechanics for console players saying "pc players dont need to watch it, but they can for extra in-game xp"
kek

I liked the game though, had a blast playing it that summer. Bethesda didnt give them the time to finish it I guess.
>>
>>331841826
Yes, was good fun but was totally dead on arrival because you actually had to achieve objectives and teamwork was required.
>>
I remember getting this at release, playing it for a bit then stopping because it was boring.

dont remember why though
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.