[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony opens new studio focused on ios/Android
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 1.png (80 KB, 612x761) Image search: [Google]
1.png
80 KB, 612x761
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/sony-computer-entertainment-announces-formation-smart-device-focused-forwardworks

>to bring theyr IPs to ios and android apps
also serkan comented on sony dropping off the handheld market since its shit for them

so nintendo has literally 0 competition on handhelds expcet mobiles, but not on dedicated consoles
>>
>>331837129

except
>>
>>331837129
It sucks they even need to consider this market and have an option open for it.

I really despise mobile gamers, they are the most cheap, cancer ridden type of people who have shit taste in video games.

Physical controls and dedicated hardware will always be the gold standard, it's a shame people want to piss that away for convenience on their annual $800 glorified internet alarm clock machines.

Normies destroying another medium of interactive entertainment yet again. Good job faggots
>>
Just as they closed that studio that made drive club for ps4 the other day....
>>
>>331837129
>It's only okay if Nintendo does it
>>
As a vitafag, it's a little sad to see this. I hope 3rd party devs and ports keep the Vita alive a while longer.
>>
>>331837129
>so nintendo has literally 0 competition on handhelds expcet mobiles, but not on dedicated consoles

Except the direct competition for the 3DS are mobile devices and it's hurting them.
>>
>>331837759
>Except the direct competition for the 3DS are mobile devices and it's hurting them.
hurting them yes, direct competition no
>>
>>331837576
>Just as they closed that studio that made drive club for ps4 the other day....

You say that as if Drive Club was good or that studio delivered over the years.
Sony is a company and if something is only costing them money with no sight of a return, why keep it?

Both of these decisions are understandable.
>>
>>331837443
>I really despise mobile gamers, they are the most cheap, cancer ridden type of people who have shit taste in video games.
And they have the most money.
Handhelds aren't popular this gen.
>>
Smartphones will replace dedicated handheld consoles entirely.
>>
>>331837785
Yes it actually is direct competition. Why would the average person buy and carry around a 3DS when they have a smartphone or pad?
>>
so now that Nintendo has a monopoly on the HH market, jap devs will move to em, and by continuity to NX
>>
>>331837814
>And they have the most money.

Nah, it's just phones have a wider audience and free to play took off on them. Just look at the Google play store. Minecraft is the top selling game at $9. Yet it's 79th on top grossing.

If Sony and Nintendo decided to start using this same sales tactics they would make more money too. (Nintendo is starting to use them)
>>
>>331838162
Hello?
>>
>>331837628
Nintendo didnt do it after announcing they were not giving a single fuck anymore for their handheld
>>
>>331838113
>Why would the average person buy and carry around a 3DS when they have a smartphone or pad?
To play 3DS games you dip. Saying that dedicated handheld video game systems are directly competing with smartphone and tablet (ie non-dedicated handheld video game systems) is like saying Panda Express and McDonald's are directly competing with each other. They exist in the same industry but the food and services they offer are on completely different planes.
>>
>>331838294

pretty soon, all of your video games will be freemium due to this.

https://u.pomf.is/qqhtge.webm
>>
64GB vita cards on clearance when?
>>
That's a good thing. If corporate suits move to mobile non-games for everyman Joe, the real game market will be left in the hands of hobbyists.
>>
Can't wait to play some classics like Madden at my smartphone after banging my gf :^)
>>
>games on phones
Can we stop this nonsense? Touchscreens are the worst fucking possible way to play games. Anyone using their little cancer device that already sucks shit just to navigate the fucking fucktons of dedicated site apps because browsing the internet on an actual browser on those cancer machines is bad so we have to make shitty apps to dumb them down enough to play games on is beyond stupid.
>>
>>331838374
I will fucking kill you faggot
>>
>>331837814
>And they have the most money
mobiles is 1 hit wonder out of millions, and usually said wonders dont repeat, the most popular shit always (almost) are coy pasted games with brand recognition skins on top
>>
>>331838401

then prepare to shell out $200-120 for every games because there is no more normies to make games cheaper for you by economy of scale
>>
>>331838358
Nobody cares about your shit meme show
>>
TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

So /v/, what hobby should I take up? I was thinking rock climbing, maybe start at one of those clubs where you climb fake walls.
>>
>>331838162
This epic maymay is trash. Please remove your post.
>>
>>331838439
What else am I supposed to do when I'm on the train and bored? talk to people? think about things? Pssshh why would I want to do that?
>>
>>331838374
If anything vita cards are gonna get more expensive when Sony stops production completely
get filtered namefag
>>
>>331838374
buy overseas, japan/hong kong
>>
>>331838539
How about you skip that baby stuff and jump straight off the nearest cliff mate
>>
>>331837443
>it's a shame people want to piss that away for convenience on their annual $800 glorified internet alarm clock machines.

I've had a Galaxy S4 since release, it still works perfectly on everything. PSP emulation in some games can be weak even with the right settings but that's about it. I could've bought a Note 3 or 4(don't remember which one was it) instead of this and I should be doing even better now since it's really fucking powerful.

Phones are incredible man and you don't need to change them every year, it's just a fucking option, stop being retarded. Handheld consoles should die and be taken over by phones.

The only problem you might have is the battery since it really starts losing life after a year or so.

>>331838330
Source? I'd like some source here since Nintendofags have been repeating the Vita is dead for like 3 years now and Vita releases 3 times the amount of games every other console does.

>>331838331
>To play 3DS games you dip.

That doesn't make any sense fucktard, games can be released to whatever the fuck you want. If they want to start releasing Nintendo games on phones then they just need to make a good port or just design games for mobile in the first place.
>>
>>331840596
>Source? I'd like some source here since Nintendofags have been repeating the Vita is dead for like 3 years now and Vita releases 3 times the amount of games every other console does.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/23/sony-has-no-first-party-ps-vita-games-in-development-first-party-strategy-focused-on-ps4/
>>
full game is kind of bad move, but endless runner and other types of iOS games at do well on these platforms unless Sony ip is a good move
>>
File: 1451812992591.jpg (40 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1451812992591.jpg
40 KB, 479x720
>>331837443
>on their annual $800 glorified internet alarm clock machines
>>
>>331837129
They've been making mad dosh in Japan with Fate Grand/Order. I suppose they took notice.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.