[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bravely default
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: bravely-default1.jpg (166 KB, 1337x732) Image search: [Google]
bravely-default1.jpg
166 KB, 1337x732
I recently got a 3DS and am wondering if this game is actually any good

Also name your favorite DS/3ds gaems
>>
Fe: fates is my favorite 3ds game
>>
File: 1457929017772.jpg (92 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1457929017772.jpg
92 KB, 800x533
Bump
>>
>>331829971
Great ost, fun/ok combat depending on how burnt out you get. First half of the story is great and last chapter picks it back up unless you were utterly annoyed at what they did to make you get there.

I thought it was worth the purchase i made, and the AR thing at the start of the game was pretty cool. I wish more of the 3ds' games did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiXfl0EIvxw

music cause i love alot of it.
>>
It's shit.
>>
It's not that good. There's a lot of re-used assets. I hope you like fighting the same bosses 5 times.

They mix it up a little but holy shit. 5 fucking times.
>>
Is the story any good? Also is it true that there's microtransactions in the game?
>>
>>331834324
No, yes
>>
>>331834324
>Is the story any good?
The story is your generic JRPG story but the gameplay and the osts are the good things about this game

>Also is it true that there's microtransactions in the game?
Yes , but they are not necessary
>>
>>331829971
Story is terrible. It starts off simplistic, but there's just so much random padding and fluff that is there for no reason other than artificially extending the game as long as possible. There's several parts in the game where the main quest makes you walk to a city, talk to somebody, walk to a different city, talk to somebody, walk back to the first city, talk to somebody, walk to a different city... You get the idea. There's also a "twist" in the latter half of the game that people either like or outright hate.

The gameplay is pretty fun. Unfortunately, it's also very broken, and some classes are just awful. Once you find a broken combo that manipulates the Brave system, you can just cruise through most of the game with it.

The characters are mediocre. They aren't outright terrible, but they bring nothing interesting to the table. Sadly, Edea is probably the worst character because she has no personality outside of telling Ringabel to shut up. I think she says that more than any other line in the game, and it gets old. Tiz is extremely stock and generic, and Agnes is just a typical heroine who is stupidly stubborn but gets away with it because the main character wants to bone her hard.
>>
>>331834324
Very minor microtransactions, they're just points used for an extra turn in battle which takes place outside the turn order. You can only hold a max of 3 and you gain one for free for each 8 hours the game is in sleep mode so just close the DS overnight.

Anyway the turn based battle system is very fun and the characters are likable but the story is hit and miss, and everything that takes place in the overworld is boring. It depends on your personal preference of RPGs whether you will like it.
>>
>>331829971

It's not perfect, but the only recent Square JRPG i liked.
>>
>>331834986
The story is mostly terrible but damn when they get it right they get it RIGHT.

See: the Paladin asterisk fight and the final boss.

>Unfortunately, it's also very broken, and some classes are just awful. Once you find a broken combo that manipulates the Brave system, you can just cruise through most of the game with it.

I played on Hard and while this was true for some of the game, it doesn't matter early on (when you don't have so much to work with) and also late in Chapter 8 and the finale where the enemies are generally just as broken as your most devious combo so its even.
>>
File: 3DSNew.jpg (4 MB, 1497x5600) Image search: [Google]
3DSNew.jpg
4 MB, 1497x5600
>>331829971
Here's an old image from a 3DS General, all these games are worthwhile if you like the genres.

Personally, I really thought the N64 Zelda remakes worked really well.
>>
Post the best tracks in either Bravely game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ6wCHHY8Yc
>>
File: 1458199325755.jpg (59 KB, 445x600) Image search: [Google]
1458199325755.jpg
59 KB, 445x600
Thanks you guys, since theyre both at the same price point I'll probably just wait for Bravely Second to come out as it appears to be more of the same (hopefully improved)

Speaking of turn based DS games, what's with Fire Emblem Fates games? Is the gameplay fun? I'm a big fan of Advance Wars but every single time I see a FE thread it just looks like waifushit.
>>
>>331836059
I am in the minority here but as a strategy game FE is pretty much garbage. Because of permadeath you just play hyper defensively at all times and there is no risk/reward tactical decisions like AW has.

People seem to fucking eat it up for some reason though.
>>
Don't care, post either Fairy thighs or Edea's booty.
>>
Every time I start to play a 3DS game I just quit halfway and go back to emulators on my PC
>>
>>331836059
If you like turn based definitely check out the Etrian Odyssey series. The combat is pretty tactical with huge character skill trees and even basic enemies wrecking you're shit if you get reckless, plus dungeon mapping is fun and it's cool when you have to mix actually taking turns in battle with enemies advancing on the overworld simultaneously.
>>
>>331835636
How did Mutant Mudds make it on here, thats one of the most boring generic games I've ever played.
>>
>>331836339
Turn the permadeath off
>>
>>331835636
Did LBX end up being good? It looked interesting.
>>
>>331830925

I have seen this picture at least three times or more now.

what is the story behind this picture? if there even is one?
>>
Bumping with AW
>>
>>
>>331836794
I found it enjoyable, put about 50 hours into and there was still plenty of post game content left to do
It was pretty silly and over the top in a comedic way, like you're preventing the assassination of the president using tiny fighting robots
>>
>>331829971
Ghost Trick
Etrian Odyssey
>>
>>331836059
>since theyre both at the same price point

Why does this matter? Pirating for the 3DS is trivial.

Bravely Second is not worth 50$
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.