[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like I'm doing something wrong for this Orthos/Wind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: cover_large.jpg (118 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
118 KB, 600x532
I feel like I'm doing something wrong for this Orthos/Wind Temple boss fight. I beat the dragon pretty easily but the AOE from these shits is kicking my ass. I'm fully decked out. Even took mage shells to protect my party but I'm getting my ass kicked. Playing on hard but I was told I shouldn't really need to grind. Am I missing something? Party is dying too fast.
>>
>Playing on hard but I was told I shouldn't really need to grind.
Those two somewhat contradict. I don't know about Hard, but I know for certain you don't need to grind on Normal, but I would think that would hold true for Hard as well, since the game is more about discovering a strategy.

Hard is garbage, however. It requires you to use specific strategies on bosses, and if you aren't using that strategy, you stand little to no chance of success. For Orthos, specifically, have a Black Mage focus on one head with its opposed element until it stops glowing, then do the same on the other head. When they're both dull, I believe it cuts off their most powerful attacks, which should make things a lot easier for you.
>>
You're doing something wrong by playing this piece of shit.
>>
>>331823791
>you have to turn them off

How the fuck was I suppose to know that shit? Why even have an examine ability. REE
>>
>>331825038
Right? Examine does jack shit in BD. This kind of stuff will get you killed over and over, to the point where I don't feel bad at all about looking up a Boss' abilities and mechanics before the fight (while in Hard mode, anyway).
>>
If you have a Thief, you can steal attack items from each head that do heavy damage to the other one.
>>
>>331825329
Is it any better in BS?
>>
>>331826616
Little bit. You can see the HP of creatures you've scanned after scanning them once (as in, their HP will always be visible by moving the circle pad to the left), as opposed to BD only letting you see their HP for the battle.
>>
>>331823463
>>331823791

You do NOT have to grind on Hard. I beat the game on hard without ever grinding, and with encounters turned off almost the entire time.

Also, Examine DOES let you see enemy HP forever. And you never need to look up strategies for Hard unless you're retarded. Basically, don't listen to that guy.

For Orthros, just steal from each head and use the item you get on the other head. Bam, easy.
>>
File: nigga.gif (1 MB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
nigga.gif
1 MB, 180x200
>>331827143
>>
File: 1417914734356.png (71 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1417914734356.png
71 KB, 251x251
>>331827143
So if you don't have a thief and you aren't stealing from them how exactly does it make you retarded to not know you should be thieving from them?
>>
>>331827352

First off there's so few Jobs to choose from at that point that you have no reason not to have Thief at least as a subclass.

Secondly, even if you don't have a Thief you should have a Thief Knife or whatever it's called, which lets you steal from enemies by using it.

I figured this shit out easily when I played. Why wouldn't you try out the tools you have at your disposal? I do realize that most people probably won't be as crafty as me but I still feel entitled to call you retarded since you did choose to play on hard after all, which means you clearly are looking for a challenge.
>>
>>331827638
I was looking for a challenge I guess I didn't think "challenge" meant trying every single thing until you randomly find something that works because zero information is given. Usually a challenge has some involvement from your brain not just going through a check list until the pieces fit.
>>
>>331827638
Nah, you're just a troll.

You have a single point in him playing on Hard, though. I'd recommend never playing a game on the hardest difficulty until you know the game very well. He doesn't.
>>
>>331827285

>LOL he's too good at the game, such a nerd right? XD look at me I'm all superior to him and stuff because I don't care about being smart or skilled
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>331827905
>with encounters turned off almost the entire time.
>lying on the internet

>Also, Examine DOES let you see enemy HP forever.
>being retarded and factually wrong

>And you never need to look up strategies for Hard unless you're retarded.
>the difficulty where there's usually only one or two answers for a boss, and not using them results in a game over

Try harder next time.
>>
>>331827905
How is it smart? Please enlighten me. Because doing random shit and getting lucky doesn't seem smart to me. The bosses don't have any information at all to base a strategy on.
>>
How can you have trouble with Orthos?
Use the Spellfencer as subclass to imbue your weapon with an element and beat the shit out of it. Its as simple as that.
>>
>>331827802
>>331827901

Stealing from enemies is the first thing you should always do against a boss in any turn-based RPG where it's an option. This game expects you to be familiar with basic concepts of the genre. There's no guesswork involved here. The game IS extremely cerebral and on Hard you will have to plan shit out 20 or more moves in advance to beat some bosses. It will test your problem solving and tactical skills more than many actual strategy games.

>>331827901

People as smart as me always play every game on the hardest difficulty without using any outside help.
>>
>>331828225
>spellfencer

Wat
>>
>>331828327
Wouldn't that be the red mage?
>>
File: bait6.jpg (76 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait6.jpg
76 KB, 625x626
>>331828248
I legit can't tell if your trolling or just retarded at this point. Good show.

>>331828225
Can't get spellfencer until you beat Orthos, iirc. The door to access the Khint and Khamer fight is guarded until you defeat Orthos.
>>
>>331828404
I have done the only sub quest available up to Orthos and only have white/black mage, monk, thief, knight, merchant, and freelancer of course.
>>
>>331828471
Have edea and agnes as black mages
Use edea to target one heads weakness and agnes to target the other.
Have Tiz/Ringabel as Knight to protect the mages.
Use the last character for items (revive, heal, etc).
>>
>>331828012

It's true though. I didn't have a single job maxed when I beat the final boss, and that's after doing every sidequest in the game. I was constantly 10-20 levels below what I usually see people recommend. And I figured every fight out myself, AND I didn't use any "cheese" strategies like endless jumps or Stillness.

Of course it's true that there's just a couple of ways to deal with some of the hardest bosses. But it never took me long to figure it out. It's not fucking rocket science to think that hmmmm maybe this boss fight that only uses magic attacks might be countered by the job that can absorb magic attacks. For some of the hardest bosses I even used tactics that I've never seen suggested online, because my levels were too low to use the "normal" tactics. I beat the infamous 4-mage fight in chapter 7 by draining all their MP, for example.
>>
File: bait4.jpg (25 KB, 366x360) Image search: [Google]
bait4.jpg
25 KB, 366x360
>>331828656
Sure.
>>
>>331828724
>>331828438
>>331828012
>>331827901

>Be an actual genius
>People think I'm just trolling whenever I reveal my powerlevel

All my life.
>>
>>331828471
Do you have Knight's two handed equipped on your physical attackers? Not needed if you're using a bow on a thief. By the way, if you've been upgrading Norende,check if you have access to Red Caps on the adventurer, they're cheap and really help out on early game.
>>
did all sub battles and on chapter 8

is that hasp boss difficult? i'm max level and have all the good equipment/job levels
>>
File: bait10.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
bait10.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>331828828
>referring to yourself as a genius
Autist, maybe.
>>
>>331828885
Hasp?

If you're level 99 with good job levels and equipment, you shouldn't be having any trouble. BD is pretty easy with the exception of the Ba'als, but they're just cheap.
>>
>>331828947

>I couldn't beat it so that means no one can!

Are you really that butthurt about being too stupid to beat this game on your own?

Pathetic.
>>
>>331829031
that one japan new year blademaster fight in norende is such fuckin bullshit
>>
>>331829196
>I couldn't beat it
Nice strawman.
>>
>>331828840
Bow seemed to do way more damage than dagger or double dagger so I went with that. Am I doing it wrong?
>>
I played through the demo of BS and while the gameplay was what I expected, not having Revo doing the soundtrack REALLY turned me off more than I thought it would.

Never has the quality of an OST affected my opinion so much
>>
>>331830365
Why would it affect the OST?
Ryo is as talented or more talented than Revo
>>
>>331830721
It certainly doesn't show.
>>
Make 1 character a knight and equip 2 shields.
Use the rest of your characters to induce poison the boss.
Default on the knight and set auto battle
Haha, 1 damage
1 fucking damage.
>>
File: Sub_8-18[1].jpg (199 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
Sub_8-18[1].jpg
199 KB, 600x385
>>331823463
>finding Orthos difficult
Oh, you have no idea.
>>
>>331831070
>equip fire resistance on everyone
>kill the sage in one turn
It's THAT easy!
Honestly, the sage by himself was harder.
>>
>>331831178
>playing on easy mode
You do realise their fire resistance reduction completely overrides literally any fire resistance you may have? Be it items, spells or otherwise.
>>
>>331831070
THAT SPOILER OH DEAR GOD
>>
>>331831264
I played on hard. The sage was the only one with fire resistance reduction.
>>
>>331831474
>>331831178
>>331831264
I don't think it's really that that fight is impossible or even that it's the hardest fight in the game, I think it's more to do with the fact that their 1HKO team wipeout catches players completely off guard and forces most people to completely rearrange the teams they'd been playing with until that point.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.