[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never owned a PS2 because I was a poorfag kid. Recommend me some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: LogoPCSX2.png (41 KB, 800x293) Image search: [Google]
LogoPCSX2.png
41 KB, 800x293
Never owned a PS2 because I was a poorfag kid. Recommend me some of your worth playing PS2 games. Any genre and games that don't require extra equipments will do.
>>
File: 1457766398269.png (50 KB, 1359x753) Image search: [Google]
1457766398269.png
50 KB, 1359x753
if you think you're man enough, steambot chronicles
>>
>>331817673
Katamari Damacy.
>>
>>331817981
as someone who tried to emulate it before
lol
>>
>>331817673
Persona 3 and 4, Odin Sphere
>>
Jak & Daxter
just the first one, the others blow cock
>>
>>331817673
Yakuza 1 & 2, Final Fantasy XII.
>>
>>331818304
People keep telling me it is easily possible to do so. those people obviously never actually tried to.
>>
>>>/r/ or >>>/wsr/ but what the hell.
Hopefully you already know this, but PS2 emulation can be pretty intensive so I hope you have a decent machine or you'll get some framerate drops, sluggish performance, and bad audio if it's not up to par.

Persona 3 and 4
Kingdom Hearts and KH2
Dragon Quest 8
Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3
Final Fantasy X and XII
>>
>>331818497
The Jak games have some graphical glitches with emulation because they used the PS2's PS1 emulator to help load textures. The eyes look particularly scary.
>>
>>331817673
Here ya go OP.
Also:
>Beatdown - Fists of Vengeance
>Crimson Sea 2
>Def Jam Fight for NY
>Gladius
>God Hand
>Metal Gear (if you like em i guess?)
>Mortal Kombat Armageddon
>Persona 3 & 4
>Tenchu - Fatal Shadows & Wrath of Heaven
>Yakuza 1 & 2
>>
>>331817673
I am a poorfag student, is it possible to run Persona 3 FES with PCSX2 in a Surface Pro 3?
>>
>>331819123
You might be able to run it by tweaking some of the settings, try the speedhacks and shit.
>>
>>331819440
don't use any of the cycle stealing speedhacks on persona unless you like slowmo
the general "this is usually free speedup but doesn't work with every game" hacks all work on persona though
>>331819123
i don't know the specs of that, but it seems extremely likely since emulating persona 3 isn't very demanding for any modern PC
>>
File: rikusora.jpg (148 KB, 500x408) Image search: [Google]
rikusora.jpg
148 KB, 500x408
Kingdom Hearts.
>>
How can you be poor enough to not buy one?
I can understand emulating rare or expensive games but hell you can buy a ps2 for like $20 at a flea market these days.
>>
Dark Cloud 2 is an amazing JRPG dungeon crawler with an obscene amount of content and depth.

It has heavy emphasis on customizing and upgrading your characters, and lets you take pictures of shit to turn them into ideas used for inventing equipment and items.

>make an energy pack for your customizable robot from a milk can, belt, and some pipes
>take wooden box, fountain, and window to invent an aquarium used to store, feed, and train fish you catch via fishing minigame
>enter fish in contests for prizes
>make some bitching samurai swords and cannonball fists for your robot or go ranged with lasers, cannons, etc

This is only touching on the surface of course, but I really believe every JRPG fan should have a chance to try dark cloud 2.

/shill
>>
>>331817673
Timesplitters 2
>>
>>331817673
Ace Combat 5:
Ace Combat 4:
Front Mission 4
Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space
Killzone
Dark Cloud
FFX
Robotech Battlecry
Godhand

The list goes on. PS2 was a boss of a system, anon.
>>
>>331820462
Even for rare games you can just mod your PS2 and play them off of it without buying them.
There's literally no reason to use PCSX2 unless you want a sub-par experience with a shitty emulator for whatever reason.
>>
Wild Arms 3 is comfy AF
>>
>>331817673
Star Ocean 3
SMT: Nocturne
Dark Cloud 1 and 2
La Pucelle Tactics
Suikoden 5
Entire Onimusha series
Resident Evil Outbreak 2
Haunting Ground
If you do like Haunting Ground try Clock Tower 3, it's not as good but similar gameplay
Arc: Twilight of Spirits
Fatal Frame 2 and 3
Dynasty Warriors 3-5
GTA SA and VC
MGS3 and 2

PS2 has too many good games.
>>
>>331818794
low intensity computer needed:
P3-4 run without fiddling around, KH 1 (1 needs skipdraw to a certain level or else you get slowdowns on certain areas, I forgot the exact number) and 2 (2 needs skipdraw to 2 or else it will lag like shit on the fight against the fire guy), FFX runs alright as it is and you can run it on a toaster

medium intensity games:
DQ8 runs fine as it is, enable 8-bit textures, MGS2 has a PC version too with special controls for sensibility which OP will need for the assault rifle, XII runs fine as it is

High intensity
MGS3 and shadow of the colosus need some fiddling around and might give OP issues, he might want to research on the go on what to do with them
>>
>>331821627
SOTC runs a lot better than MGS3 does, I wouldn't say it's high intensity unless you're aiming for the 60fps fix.
>>
I believe Baldur's Gate engine games are still off the table? If not Baldur's gate and Norath games were good.
Shin Megami Tensei games were all great. Persona 3 was the best, but Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne and Devil Summoner were also great. Some people believe Persona 4 was as good as P3, but if you really liked the darker theme and characters then P4 was a flop.
Dragon ball Z Budokai 2&3 were great. 2 had a chess based system between battles and 3 had a RPG like stats and levels system.
Soul Calibur 3 had this great mode (I can't remember if it was the story mode or a secondary "make your own characters mode"). Anyway it was also a bit of a chess board, though a little more complex, with unlock-able fighting styles.
Drakengard was fantastic if you're into the hack and slash "kill an army one person at a time" type games. The story was really dark. 12 endings or so. Collectable and level-able weapons.
Final Fantasy 12 was amazing. The story was solid, but the game play was the best of the lot. It was semi-real time. Though it had a character automation system that can ruin the fun for you. There is an international version that some people assure you is strictly better, but I'd have to disagree. It introduces classes, thereby reducing the number of viable play styles. I personal built a team with high sustainability, but found that impossible in the international version so had to switch back to your classic one healer, dps, tank, multi-tool.
>>
>>331819123
>Persona 3 FES
Is that even the best version to be playing? Persona 3 Portable also added a lot to the game, it may even be a straight upgrade. And a PSP emulator is doubtlessly easier on the hardware.

I myself would like to know. I've tried a few times to do a max difficulty 100% completion run, and continually run into the problems of guide inaccuracy (there is some rng going on that we have so far been unable to detect early on) and bullshit hit locking and death spells by bosses. So which version is most consistent?
>>
>>331822662
Yes it is. P3P is fan service but it's not the better game.
>>
>>331817673
Don't listen to the Persona fags unless you want to play glorified dating sims
Play Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga
>>
>>331817673
If you're a JRPG guy, Tales of the Abyss. Tales of Legendia if you can't get enough of it, but it is a downgrade from Abyss.
MS Saga : new dawn is a pretty fun Gundam RPG that plays like FFX
Disaster Report is a janky budget ps2 action-movie style game and it is fun as fuck
>>
>>331820462
Some games are strictly better on emulators. You can super-sample and filter, speed over dialogue (especially if you've played the game before) and you can save state out of shitty rng (which was particularly bad in games like Disgaea where some levels would be impassable) or just enjoy a "stop playing whenever you want" save point free experience.

P3 in particular looked a lot better and you could save state to avoid death spells on the emulator.
>>
ps2s are regularly 20 bucks a pop on craigslist.
even if you get one that can't read discs, you can just order a memory card wtih freemcboot on it and burn ESR patched games onto it
just buy one, don't emulate
>>
>>331822770
New difficulty, female perspective, new game+.
Didn't FES only really add a post game dungeon or something?

Actually P3P may have done something with the brawl system iirc.
>>
>>331823059
>Tales of Legendia

Tales of Legendia was a garbage tier Tales Of game, kek.
>>
File: 1351341-my_favorites[1].png (2 MB, 1310x946) Image search: [Google]
1351341-my_favorites[1].png
2 MB, 1310x946
The 7 .hack games.

The original .hack tetralogy IMOQ(Infection,Mutation,Outbreak,Quarantine)
and the G.U. Triliogy
>>
>>331823398
Legendia is a bad Tales game sure. But it's still a great JRPG.
It also has a fucking GODTIER soundtrack. It's literally OST: The Game.
>>
>>331823319
It removes aspects of the core of the game though and it looks like shit. like I said it's fan service but not the better game.
>>
>>331823569
God tier taste anon, nicely done. I'd also recommend the .Hack series, I put a lot of game time into the G.U series but the first set of games is easily god tier status as well. There are a lot of differences between the two though, completely different stories, characters, etc.

Also in G.U it takes place like 10 or 15 years after the events of the first series, or something like that. I just know in G.U they've updated the game and added more stuff to it compared to when the game takes place in the first series also in the first series you have things like Data Drain but in G.U you don't get access to Haseo's form of Data Drain until Vol.3, plus you Haseo can you use three different weapons while Kite just uses the Duel Blades.

The plot is just amazing in the .Hack games though, I loved everything about the series but the story really draws you in right away.

TL;DR Play the .Hack games they are fucking amazing, especially if you are a major weeaboo
>>
File: 1458673908352.jpg (22 KB, 334x309) Image search: [Google]
1458673908352.jpg
22 KB, 334x309
>>331817673
You don't, buy used PS2, old CRT TV, hook that bitch up, buy some games and enjoy your authentic PS2 experience.
Thats the best way to go, anon, trust me.
>>
>>331823693
And they STILL sideline Shiina for Sakuraba every game
Why do they think Tales has a unique series sound? Every Sakuraba song starts to bleed into other Sakuraba songs because he's been doing this for goddamned ever and hasn't changed
I can't tell if background music is from Golden Sun, Star Ocean or Phantasia half the time unless I look it up
>>
>>331823875
After having played FES, I found P3P much better to play when I went to replay Persona 3 last year. Less time dicking around in the overworld, and the ability from P4 to control party members are the two main things that spring to mind.
>>
>>331817673
>Recommend me some of your worth playing PS2 games

Dude, do you realize how many there are? You'll have for years.

Anyway, Silent Hill 2 is a must.
Onimusha 1 & 2
Zone of the Enders 1 & 2
Mercenaires
Champions of Norrath.
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Fatal Frame 1&2
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
Final Fantasy X
GTA Vice City & San Andreas

The Ace Combat games a great, but are difficult to emulate.
>>
>>331824005
I hooked mine up to an HDTV via the component cable.
Looked pretty good.
The only CRT I still have is the one I got in like 2005 that's barely 18"
>>
>>331824129
The menu and sprite based overworld are complete garbage compared to the original game. It's cool to play p3p after if you want to play as a girl but the rest isn't worth the trade off.
>>
Midnight Club 1, 2 and 3 (Dub Edition Remix)
The Getaway
Burnout 1, 2, 3 and Revenge
Roadkill
>>
>>331824335
>The menu and sprite based overworld are complete garbage compared to the original game

But thats one of the things I liked. Makes it have more of a Visual Novel feel. which is great for me and my Vita.
>>
>>331824563
>Makes it have more of a Visual Novel feel.
That's a bad thing.
>>
>>331824930
OPINIONS
>>
Shox
R.A.D
Ace Combat 04
>>
>>331824984
Sorry Adam, but your opinions are shit.
>>
>>331824984
The graphics are objectively worse, there's less of the story, and the game plays perfectly fine either way. The portable version is inferior unless you're a woman and want to play the game like one.

Deal with it.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.