[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good are you at Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: Glass Joe.png (320 KB, 4096x3840) Image search: [Google]
Glass Joe.png
320 KB, 4096x3840
How good are you at Mike Tyson's Punch Out
>>
File: superpunch.gif (2 MB, 380x324) Image search: [Google]
superpunch.gif
2 MB, 380x324
>>331813224

I'm better at Super Punch Out

There's a bit more wiggle room with the strategies.
>>
>>331813770
how do I make gifs like that? I want to make gameplay gifs like that too anon.
>>
File: miku tisou.png (323 KB, 4096x3840) Image search: [Google]
miku tisou.png
323 KB, 4096x3840
>>
File: 1458498010603.jpg (166 KB, 911x1300) Image search: [Google]
1458498010603.jpg
166 KB, 911x1300
I'm able to get to Sandman 2 but then he beats me.

I've never made it past that.

In b4 you try to help me by giving me some tip.

Blah blah, I'm not listening.

>sticks fingers in ears and breaks eardrums
>leaves thread
>reports OP from pre-emptive trolling.
>>
File: Soda.gif (66 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Soda.gif
66 KB, 500x281
I can only get as far as Soda Popinski. I have beat him once, only for the Bald Bull rematch to take me down.
>>
I think I've beaten Bald Bull 2 a few times.

I will never meet Kid Dynamite.
>>
Back when I was a super poorfag who could only game on emulators, I could actually wake up early, boot up MTPO, and play through the whole game without continuing before I made myself breakfast. These days, Soda Popinski usually wrecks my shit and I typically ragequit at Bald Bull 2 if I even manage to get that far
>>
File: alt-punchout.jpg (463 KB, 878x1350) Image search: [Google]
alt-punchout.jpg
463 KB, 878x1350
I've beaten it on a credit many times, but not without practice beforehand. Not for Tyson or Sandman, but Super Macho Man. That fucker is a piece of shit bastard.
>>
I used to get stuck on the turkish guy with the OHKO charge, but then I finally got gud and eventually was able to beat Tyson. I haven't played that game in years, though.
>>
>>331816315
I always get stuck at Bald Bull 2. Fucking asshole.
>>
File: punch-out-20090303034833804.jpg (247 KB, 698x2000) Image search: [Google]
punch-out-20090303034833804.jpg
247 KB, 698x2000
>last year
>start this up for fun
>get to Tyson in one sitting without ever losing
Was honestly surprised. Hadn't touched the game in ages, and some of those fuckers are a real pain.

>could only beat Tyson by decision
would like to legit beat him some day.

I still maintain that Punch Out (both NES and Wii, moreso Wii) are about as close to perfect as game design can get.
>>
I've never gone through the game from start to finish in one sitting, I lose a few times along the way, but I am capable of beating the game.
>>
I've never played them, Nintendo sucks.
>>
>>331818932
Okay now this is just shitposting.

Nintendo sucks now, but the classics can't be matched in quality.
>>
File: Punch Out Wii Bull Charge.png (149 KB, 405x284) Image search: [Google]
Punch Out Wii Bull Charge.png
149 KB, 405x284
>>331816831
Have you played the newest one?
>>
>>331813224
>No new Punch-Out!! On the WiiU

What a travesty.
>>
>>331813224
Shouldn't the question be, "How good are you at Mike Tyson's Punch Out!?"?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9F2fDNfNC0
>>
>>331821220
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

Get it right Anon.
>>
Played Super Punchout a lot as a kid at my cousin's house. Always wanted to play the Wii game but I never picked it up.
Only punch out related thing I have is a collection of published Nintendo comics that include all of the Punch-Out comics.
>>
>>331813224
I can land the jet on the carrier.
>>
>>331813224

I use to be able to beat mike Tyson about 50% of the time. I bet I could get back to that level now with around 10-20 hours of practice
>>
>>331813224
Got to Tyson as a kid, didn't beat him though.
>>
>Nintendo does a Punch-Out revival, 2 new Dong Countrys and a handheld port
>Doing new Star Fox next
Don't mean to derail the thread, but I'm not sure what else they could do for a newer Punch-Out aside from new characters and stuff
What's the next franchise to get a new game in a long time
>inb4 metroid fans
We get it, your mad about federation force, but at least you're getting some sort of game.
>>
>>331821940
>What's the next franchise to get a new game in a long time
Pro Wrestling
>>
>>331821940
F-Zero.
Golden Sun.
Startropics.
>>
>>331816920
Is that Samus as the round card girl?
>>
File: Amazon_pirahna_bite.jpg (67 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
Amazon_pirahna_bite.jpg
67 KB, 500x647
>>331822258

I didn't draw it, but I believe so

>>331821997

Please, God, yes. Been asking for this for years. I wanted The Amazon in Smash more than anything. I'd buy the rearview mirror day one if a new, Kyoto-made Pro Wrestling was a launch title.
>>
Got to the point where Mike couldn't land a hit on me.
>>
>>331822068
Goldensun got one, but everyone forgot or detested it.
Now a new Star Tropics would be fucking choice.
As much as I adore the F-Zero franchise, Nintendo obviously can't surpass the quality of X or GX. Well tell them just to make an F-Zero in the same quality and content of those two entries with X's expansion content and the graphical fidelity of GX while also allowing 30 player multiplayer at a smooth 60 frames, but that's asking for too much already and will never fucking happen.
>>
>>331821940
>but at least you're getting some sort of game.
Yeah I'm sure all the F-Zero fans would love it if a new F-Zero spinoff game all about Captain Falcon running around punching things instead of racing was announced, AND it turned out to be complete shit.
>>
>>331813224
I only loose to soda popinski , that fucker messes with my mind no matter what.
>>
>>331822710
It's a multiplayer based handheld FPS in a similar style of the Prime games, it's basically Chibi Prime Hunters. No one asked for it and no one is asking you to buy it. Not saying the game looks great, but it's not all that far from the source material you fuck.
>>
I can get to Great Tiger without much difficulty, but Great Tiger stops me dead in my tracks. Can't get the Tiger Punch timing down.
>>
>>331822914
>in a similar style of the Prime games
Just because it's an FPS with the Prime label on it doesn't make it anything like the Prime trilogy. It's got a fucking tank/healer/dps trinity in it, you don't play as Samus, you have powers that are in no way similar to Samus', and it looks like complete shit.
>>
>>331823073
Keyword "similar". I never said exact.
>>
I loved Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. I played it so much it was basically the first game I successfully speedran. Eat shit magic Mike, hit the floor.
>>
Back when I was a kid I was able to go through the entire game straight with only getting knocked down once or twice by Super Macho Man. It's been years since I played it so I would probably get murdered by Tyson now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH3pOt_H3Rc
>>
>>331819731
Yes, did everything. Probably one of the most graceful sequels to any great video game I've ever seen
>>
My dad could fuck up Mike Tyson and as good as I am with Mario and shit I will never beat my dad at that. I've made it to Mike, but he always kicks my ass.
Here's a tip
The first punches he throws out are insta-KO and after one in game minute he I guess gets tired and he starts throwing weaker punches. Of course you could win by decision, but for that you need at least 5000 points to win.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUIv5keMRQ
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.