[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I root my 3ds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160323_181029~01.jpg (3 MB, 3848x2370) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160323_181029~01.jpg
3 MB, 3848x2370
Can I root my 3ds?
>>
define root
>>
define 3ds
>>
>>331809119
Crack so I can download and play fire emblem without having to pay for that mess
>>
>>331809240

you can, but because you're on 10.7 they patched the only free method of accessing homebrew launcher, you need to go out and buy cubic ninja or OoT3d + power save

OoT3d and power save is probably the cheaper option unless you find a really good deal on ninja.
>>
I believe the only current exploit for 10.7 involves using Cube Ninja, LoZ: OoT, or I think Smash works if it's not updated
>>
>>331809376
>>331809427
Cubic ninja?
>>
>>331809630

yes, a shitty 3ds game that was poorly coded so it was easy to exploit an access point to homebrew

it costs $100+ online, but if you're really lucky maybe your local game store might have it used, also there's some 3ds hacking communities out there that might lend it to you.
>>
>>331809376
how do i go about h@cking my 3ds i have a copy of Oot3d
>>
>>331809847
>100
Wonder if they made that exploit on purpose
>>
Does anyone know how to fix my A and B button on my 3DS without going inside or sending it to nintendo? Its basicly you have to press really hard on them, especially the B button, and the screws are stripped and in an attempt to remove one with a drill I managed to drill it in deeper but not deep enough to harm the circuitry. So what do? If I have to get a new one I already hacked the old one and have original OOT3D, so hacking a new one is no issue.
>>
>>331809991

half way there, you need to buy a powersave like http://www.amazon.com/Action-Replay-PowerSaves-Pro-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00IVJ1M7M

and then you can download a hacked save file that can launch homebrew.
>>
>>331810028
Are you implying that the developers benefit from resellers?
>>
What if I still have that free game that let you hack a 3DS?
>>
>>331810295
thanks my dude!, i'll do some more research on this
>>
>>331808950
why would you even be that far updated? literally why?
>>
>>331808950
>>331809376
>>331809427
You can just use this to downgrade from 10.7
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>>
Ironhax requires an already existing hack method...?
>>
>>331812753
>If you are between versions 10.6.0 and 10.7.0, you can find instructions for using ninjhax (requires Cubic Ninja) here, or instructions for using OOTHax (requires Ocarina of Time 3D and either a powersaves or another 3DS which has the homebrew launcher) here. Browserhax and menuhax were patched with 10.6.0 and will no longer work.

???
>>
>>331816525
Cubic ninja is expensive af
>>
you need to buy ethier cubic ninja or oot + powersaves(or a hacked 3ds).
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.