[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firewatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (24 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
24 KB, 460x215
Did anyone actually enjoy this game?
I don't see why people like it so much, it's basically on rails except for the plethora of dialogue options - which don't even really change anything except the rest of the dialogue.
I was sort of hoping for some sort of conflict or some sort of thing to overcome but in the end it's just.... walk through the story.
>>
>shit "gameplay"
>cringey dialogue (no, seriously, who talks like that?)
>ending that makes you want to suplex all the developers through a glass wall

Didn't pay money for it and still felt scammed.
>>
>>331805834
It is nice story....so...yeah.
>>
>>331805834
People got scammed into thinking it was gonna be a good game.
They likely won't make the same mistake again.
Games like this make it harder for good games to sell.
>>
File: 1458708127364.png (192 KB, 576x507) Image search: [Google]
1458708127364.png
192 KB, 576x507
You got a walking simulator and expected something other than pretentious garbage?
>>
File: 1458604869935.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1458604869935.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>331806720
well thankfully I had pirated it as well, I usually end up purchasing games only once I feel like they're worth it. glad I'm not the only one.
>>331806727
Is it really though? Is it a good story?
>>
>>331806720
>(no, seriously, who talks like that?)
normal non-autistic people? The writing was the only think I thought was exceptional about the game.
>>
File: 1458351236339.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1458351236339.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>331807012
Part of me wanted to believe that halfway through, something intense happens, and you fight your way through with that fireman's axe. Or maybe there's... well, ANY sort of interaction with consequences. There just wasn't. It was like playing tf2 without being able to shoot, just to look around.
>>
>>331807083
No. Everybody in the story is retarded except for the protagonist, who is literally told by a cheating girlfriend to go back to his dying marriage.
>>
>>331805834
>I don't see why people like it so much
Yes you do, you just choose to post a provocative statement to attract cheap replies to your thread.
(full disclosure: I hated Firewalk)
>>
>>331806727
>OH MY GOD THERE'S A HUGE GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY
>WHAT IS THIS ARE THEY EXPERIMENTING ON US, ARE WE GONNA GET BLAMED FOR MURDER, ARE WE GOING TO GET ARRESTED FOR THE FIRES?
>oh wait no, it was all just some crazy dude who stayed out in the woods for some reason cuz his kid died
>oh, okay, go home now
>>
>It was literally just a prank bro
>>
>>331807367
No I'm serious I just wanted to know if I was missing something. Besides, why would anyone shitpost on /v/?
>>
I enjoyed it, wasnt really worth what I apid for, but it was enjoyable.

The story was interesting, especially with the stalker. Theres hardly any gameplay but I found using the compass and map to be an interesting mechanic.
>>
>>331807171
Except whatever 'good' was in the writing, it was ruined by shitty execution. Whenever the bitch spoke all I could hear is a voice actress doing her le acting voice in some recording booth.
>>
SJW game.
>>
>>331807531
>Besides, why would anyone shitpost on /v/?
I laughed and got bitterly angry at the same time, what the fuck
>>
>>331807171

You're a massive retard if you think people actually talk like that. You and your circles must be the biggest fucking losers.

I can think of specifically that one part where he's near that transport cart that goes from section to section of the park, and they started sperging out talking about a make-believe tornado or something. God, that was so fucking painful.
>>
>>331807561
I'm curious, what game did you think had good voice acting if you thought this game didn't?
>>
>>331807759
I like nolan north and troy baker
>>
>>331805834

It's okay as far as walking sims go but the tension the story builds feels completely squandered by a very lackluster climax and ending.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.