[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Be Sega's chance at redemption after the failures of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: sega_dreamcast.jpg (46 KB, 602x725) Image search: [Google]
sega_dreamcast.jpg
46 KB, 602x725
> Be Sega's chance at redemption after the failures of the 32X and Saturn.
> Actually have a 3D platformer Sonic game for once. (unlike the Saturn)
> Enjoys a successful U.S. launch backed by a large marketing campaign
> Sony announces their PS2. A badass game console that would rape the shit out of Sega.
> Third party devs like Squaresoft and EA tell Sega to go fuck themselves
> Gamers who felt raped by the sucka CD, 32X, and Saturn wanted nothing to do Sega and had long since become Sonyfags.
> Microsoft steps onto the scene with the Xbox
> Sega rage quit the console making business and started releasing games for the PS2 and Xbox before the last Dreamcast was even sold.
> The most recent Sonic game (Sonic Boom) was only released on the Nintendo Wii U. Which is ironic considering that Sega used to be the enemy of Nintendo.
> Sega is Nintendo's bitch.
>>
File: whatever.jpg (42 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
42 KB, 600x420
>>331803591
>the same is happening to the Wii U
>>
>>331803798
Except Nintendo has still made a healthy profit each gen.

There aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>331804239
> There aren't going anywhere.

Need to work on your Engrish anon.
>>
>>331803591
>ironic
15 years ago maybe, Sega has been making Sonic games for Nintendo since the exact moment they went out the hardware market.
>>
Im just posting ITT to say the controller is godawful and the Adventure games sucked ass

that said I like my DC
>>
a huge part of the cult status of the Dreamcast comes from the support of Capcom, SNK and Namco who were still arcade relevant and had the ports that the PS1 couldn't deliver.
>>
File: over the line.jpg (6 KB, 166x231) Image search: [Google]
over the line.jpg
6 KB, 166x231
>>331805521
>the controller is godawful
Fair enough

>and the Adventure games sucked ass
>>
>>331804239

It's not about making money. It's about making more money doing something else.

Just because you make a few million dollars a year doesn't mean your status quo will change. Nintendo has awful returns for investors and they're tired of nintendo not embracing obvious cash cows like paid online and mobile. Blue oceans do NOT work. You make it increasingly hard for your fans to justify supporting you and chase off everyone else. There's no opportunity for growth in the kiddie pool.
>>
>>331803591
>1999
>I remember this on a gaming mag where FFXIII is being advertised with that year's corolla
>>
>>331806404
You could just say you're mad that you have to buy a Nintendo console to play their games. It takes a lot less time to type.
>>
>>331807723

I don't want a wiiu though. The only game I would be remotely interested in is xbx but I emulated xb and hated it. None of the facts I mentioned have anything to do with your shit bait. Nintendo isn't financially strong and they're failing to grow their base. They have the most loyal fans, but they have to find new ones soon.
>>
>>331807976
:^)
>>
>"We're not dead!" said Sega, as he released a low budget MMD anime instead of a game using one of their many IPs that have unused potential.
>>
>>331803591
> Third party devs like Squaresoft and EA tell Sega to go fuck themselves
for pretty good reasons
Saturn early launch ended up with Sega being the only ones with software on the shelves, Saturn devs were aiming to get those launch window sales.

when that went right out the window, that was a pretty big betrayal
and then Saturn hardware sales never picked up because there was no software and the cheaper, easier to develop on, slightly better overall PS1 was about to come out anyway

DC had none of those issues and had a fantastic launch, but didn't have the support from other companies to keep it going because of Saturn, and Sega was too busy bleeding money from the aftermath of the Saturn's failure outside Japan to keep it afloat.
Oh, and customers were waiting on the PS2 which Sony was hyping the shit out of to try to dampen DC sales. That didn't help Sega one bit.

and because Saturn sales were good in Japan, Japanese devs felt betrayed when the DC's release suddenly cut support for the Saturn, leading to even less third party support

Sega managed to really fuck everything up from 1994-1999.

>>331806404
Nintendo going mobile seems like a bad idea. Short term gain vs long term stability and all, and Nintendo should be in it for the long haul.

Nintendo outright controls software distribution on their handhelds, and that's a hard thing to give up. They're in the same position with the 3DS that Google and Apple are on mobile -- they profit from hardware sales, software sales from other devs, and their own software sales. If they targeted the mobile market, they'll end up with only software sales, and the mobile market generally has rock bottom prices and low ROI unless you have crazy sales figures (something Nintendo could certainly do, at least early on).

There's also the fact that for the last 30+ years, Nintendo hasn't had any really successful competitors in the handheld scene.
>>
>>331804239
No xbone is PC's new bitch, and xboners do love getting analed. They were broken suits from the start.
>>
>>331808529
>not liking Sega Hard Girls

Maximus plebeius
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.