[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm introducing my brother to classics from my generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 333x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 333x472
I'm introducing my brother to classics from my generation and we've gotten to pic related. Is he just a moron or was the game always this tedious backtrack fest? It's taking him forever to find the items in the very beginning and I'm afraid it's putting him off of the franchise. REfags, do chime in.
>>
>>331801464
You have to like the spooky mansion/haunted house/investigation adventure or you won't like the classic REs. The core gameplay loop is encounter closed door, explore more rooms, find puzzle, solve puzzle, get key/puzzle item, explore more rooms, encounter more puzzles, solve them, get key for some locked doors on the other side of the mansion. The monsters you encounter on the way are just an obstacle to get past.
>>
>>331801464
>or was the game always this tedious backtrack fest?

Yes though it's not tedious unless your an ADD fag. It's fun and one of the central components of the game to explore the place and find keys to unlock more areas to explore.

>>331801827

This guy is right and said it better than me.
>>
>>331801464
>backtracking
If I could ban one word from being ever used in a topic about videogames...

The game's a fucking horror-adventure game. More than half of the game's "point" and appeal is the fact that the entire mansion's this one huge 3D "puzzle", that you first map out, and then start unwrapping open bit by bit.
>>
Choosing the most difficult RE game as his first was absolutely fucktarded of you.

Start out with 2 or 4, or if you're desperate for him to play 1 first, have him play classic 1.
>>
Yes it was always a tedious backtrack fest.
>Oh good you got the helmut key time to go back through the mansion again.
>>
>>331804380
I don't remember it being hard.
>>
>>331801464
I played it for the first time recently, and I didn't think it was that bad in the backtracking aspect aside from me forgetting how to turn off the waterfall in the garden area, but I guess that was because I was spoiled a bit by how Silent Hill always had labels and markings for important areas.
Opening up new areas with new keys is fine, and the map even marks if you get 100% of the items in an area. Plus the mansion is pretty small so it's not like backtracking even takes up that much time
>>
>>331804625
It is unless you play on easy.

tons of fucking enemies who have tons of fucking health.
Barely enough ammo to finish the game.
The worst Pistol and worst Knife in the entire franchise, making an already hard game even harder.

the whole game is basically nothing but memorizing hitboxes on enemies so you can bait them and run around them. It's tedious and frustrating. I still prefer REmake over Zero but aside from that, I'll take any classic RE over it.
>>
>>331804914
Did you enjoy Zero?
>>
>>331805009
Haven't gotten around to playing Zero yet. I'll do it eventually
>>
>>331804951
REmake is only hard until you get the shotgun.

And if your bro is playing as chris, yes there is a lot of backtracking.
>>
>>331804951
>I still prefer REmake over Zero
Where does Zero stand for you?
>>
>>331801464

>was the game always this tedious backtrack fest?

Yes.
>>
>>331805161
tied with RE6 at the very bottom of the franchise.
it's a shame those gorgeous graphics had to be wasted on that shit game.
>>
>>331805009
Zero completely ruins the canon, especially Rebeccas behavior in RE1 makes no sense given the shit she went through in Zero.
>>
>>331804951
Played the Remake for the first time when it came out on PC and breezed through it on normal(mountain climbing) difficulty as Jill. If i remember correctly i had like 30 shotgun shells, well over 100 9mm rounds, two dozen grenades and 24 magnum rounds at the end with a clear time of 6 hours 47 min. Sounds like you're just shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.