[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The best selling Persona game is also the only one that is available
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: revelations persona.jpg (94 KB, 671x358) Image search: [Google]
revelations persona.jpg
94 KB, 671x358
The best selling Persona game is also the only one that is available on PC. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Now let me ask, why Atlus hates money?
>>
>Japan sales only
Into the trash it goes
>>
It is a coincidence. It's Japanese sales, and they certainly didn't buy it on PC. P1 really was just a weird sleeper hit.
>>
>>331789653
>sleeper
It sold almost as much first week as P4. Unless P4 is a sleeper hit as well?
>>
>During its year of release in Japan (1996), Persona sold 391,556 units
>PC version came out 3 years later (1999)
>It bombed so hard they didn't even localize it
Nice try.
>>
>>331790263
>>331790268
You know what a sleeper hit is, right senpai?

>A sleeper hit is a movie that didn't have a huge opening, or one that was either not promoted much or promoted very subtly by its studio with sneak previews and that sort of thing, and that went on to have huge mainstream success.
>>
>>331790268
Sorry, not saying you're wrong. Was using your post for the info you had.
>>
>>331790375
You didn't correct me. Saying it is a sleeper hit is meaningless in this topic, since it is very comparable to 4.
If you wanted to call OP a faggot for the PC shit you could have just done that.
Also the port is total shit and inferior in every way from the original.
>>
File: 1455729797805.jpg (31 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
1455729797805.jpg
31 KB, 600x462
Allright faggots you win.

I want to play Persona. I was thinking of starting with 4 on the PS2, but don't have it with me so going emu route. Is this a good plan or should I start with 3?
>>
>>331790375

you didn't read a word he said, you're just proving him right.
>>
>>331790997
Start with P3 FES or P3 portable if you want a female MC
>>
>>331790840
I was correcting the OP. He assumed, incorrectly, that the high sales must have meant the PC saved it from low sales. That's not true, because it never had low sales before PC in the first place. It was popular on PS1 against Atlus's expectations.

>>331790997
Start with an emulated FES; it will prep you for the slightly better tweaks to battle in 4.

>>331791038
>or one that was either not promoted much or promoted very subtly by its studio with sneak previews and that sort of thing
>>
>>331790997
start with 3
>>
>>331791272
>>331791204
>>331791169
Any of you emulate 3 before? Any problems I need to look for or does it run well? It looks like there's no major problems on the wiki aside from small glitches with workarounds.
>>
>>331791740
I've had no issues. Shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>331789279
persona 4 was a meme game even when it first released.

i know because i was right in the thick of it spouting memes with the rest of them.

lol adachi's cabbages gay yosuke can i call you yo-yo
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.