[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This console was so underwhelming that even though the rumor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: B009AGXH64hardware.jpg (48 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
B009AGXH64hardware.jpg
48 KB, 1024x665
>This console was so underwhelming that even though the rumor of it being discontinued still makes me pissed how shitty it is even after 4 years after launch
>Bought mine for 250 and still think its bad
>Censorship in almost every game now by doghouse
>Pokken was my last hope for the console
>All i have to play now are platformer rehashes

I have an undescribable anger for this company right now that can't be quenched.

4 years for average to medicore games is unfucking acceptable

I hope Nintendo seriously goes under with NX.
>>
boo hoo
>>
>>331781569
When will you stop defending a retarded company that isn't your best friend?

Do they pay you to defend them?
>>
if they continue to make games like skyward sword or sticker star it's gonna be their downfall.

I don't even know how these games could pass before their own eyes, how could any developer go "this is okay" when playing those games?

Splatoon was fun, so was Bayonetta 2 and W101, but that's about all the Wii U gave me for now. If you release a Console at least prepare 5-7 AAA+ games to be ready on launch
>>
>>331781876
I'm sorry my ridicule persecutes you
>>
>>331781919
Dont forget about Metroid Fed force.

The entire company doesn't give a shit about what we want.

I forgot the quote that was made by them but they said something like

"Our goal isn't to make good games, its to get people to understand why there good games"

Basically calling us retards.
>>
>>331781270
I actually love my Wii U and agree with you. Fuck Nintendo, I won't buy the NX not even if it launches with F-Zero and Metroid.
>>
I used to love nintendo. I defended them furiously during the gamecube era. After the wii u generation I probably won't ever touch another of their consoles again. They overcharge for their games, they completely failed to support their platform, they don't listen to their fans. Their arrogance as a company is unbecoming and they don't offer enough to act like that.
>>
>>331781270
>still better than the PS4 and Xbox one
>also cheaper

Make a shitposting thread about those consoles now.
>>
I bought a Wii U at launch just for Dragon Quest X. Which never came out. But I don't blame Nintendo, I blame SquareEnix.

Meanwhile on the Nintendo side, they released more than a couple good games. I got my money's worth with Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad, Rainbow Curse and Bayonetta 2.

Really the reason the Wii U was a failure is the same as every Nintendo system for 4 gens. No third party support. If Sony or Microsoft released a system with only first party games, it would be considered even worse than the Wii U.
>>
So you don't want them to do better with the NX?
>>
>>331781270
>muh censorship
>>
>>331782086
Getting pissed about Federation Force is like getting pissed about one of the Zelda remakes. Yeah, it's not a new main game in the series, but it's not made by the main series devs anyway so it doesn't fucking matter.
>>
File: ntsa.jpg (50 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
ntsa.jpg
50 KB, 750x563
>>331781270
>>
>>331782165
>Never any sales

Oh my fuck how could I forget this

>Want to buy Bayonetta 2 after it launched a year after
>Still $60 on the store
>...okay then I'll just buy Link between worlds on the 3DS..
>Still fullprice in stores and digital

What the fuck? Hell I didn't even mention when I wanted to buy even OLDER titles that were still being listed for full price.

My local toys r us is trying to sell Super Smash bros Brawl still for $60 . Nintendo never throws a sale worthwhile its bullshit.
>>
>>331784874

At this point, Metroid fans don't want the main series devs to work on future Metroid titles. And the idea that the 'Prime' producer was working on a new game made them wet with excitement. Turns out that the game he came up with was just as bad (or even worse) than Other M.
>>
>>331782225
Has it ever occured to you that Xbone and PS4 sell well because they don't try to sell gimmicky shit?

Xbone fell way behind because they were forcing Kinnect and the moment they killed it off it started picking along with better marketing.
>>
>>331782165

>They overcharge for their games
They don't overcharge. They just don't reduce the price of their games for years. And some games like Captain Toad or Rainbow Curse actually came out for less than normal ($40 at launch instead of $60).

>they completely failed to support their platform
What does this even mean? Nintendo is the only one supporting the platform with games. Unless you mean marketing. Then yeah, they didn't handle that well.

>they don't listen to their fans.
They do listen to their fans. That's where shit like Twilight Princess and Other M came about. Listening to the fans who kept screaming for more backstory and dialogue in games.

Nintendo should stop listening to fans. Since they never know what they want.
>>
File: 1364835697548.jpg (15 KB, 299x204) Image search: [Google]
1364835697548.jpg
15 KB, 299x204
This entire gen feels extremely underwhelming.
I still don't feel like it has actually begun.
It's like all the PS4/Xbone/WiiU shit is just theoretical stuff way ahead in the future, or like we're still in the very beginning of a console gen despite being almost half a decade into one.
Is it just time dilution due to getting old or has gaming really stagnated that badly since 2012?
>>
3d Platformer in the same vein was Wario World and Wario land. Nintendo isn't doing shit with their best character so I might use him as inspiration.
>>
>>331785429
Then why did the Wii sell so well?
Advertising.
>>
>>331785841
Because it was the first leap we have seen in video games that involved controlling shit on the screen and then people realized they didn't want a console that did gimmicky shit they wanted a Console that ran games at High performance and looked good with a comfy controller

Wii failed after the rush
Playstation Move failed
Kinect failed.

2/3 of these developers dropped it after realizing how pointless it was.
>>
>>331781270
What did you think of Splatoon?
>>
>>331785637
>Is it just time dilution due to getting old or has gaming really stagnated that badly since 2012?
A combination of both
>>
>>331785429

>Has it ever occured to you that Xbone and PS4 sell well because they don't try to sell gimmicky shit?
>Xbone fell way behind because they were forcing Kinnect

So...they do force gimmicky shit. Just like Sony is jumping on the VC band wagon.

By comparison, the Wii U touchscreen controller wasn't that big of a gimmick. It caused controller shortages which was a completely different problem.
>>
>>331781985

Oy vey goy, why don't you stop purchasing games from those antisemitic bastidz at Nintendoh!? Buy a PS4 or Xbox One instead and pay as low as $499.99 shekels.
>>
I thought it was alright, not great not bad, but alright. That's how Nintendo's consoles have been ever since N64. Nothing will ever come close to SNES.

I'm disappointed but then I always am. Even by Nintendo's competitors I'm disappointed. Just don't expect much and you will never been heart broken.
>>
>>331786124
The entire touch screen tablet thing was a gimmick in itself and it was obvious people were tired of nintendo's shenanigans

Xbox was ATTEMPTING to force their gimmick and smartened up it didn't take them 2 console cycles.
>>
>>331781270
>Censorship in almost every game now by doghouse

Aaaaand you just lost everyone, good fucking thread m8.
>>
>>331786770

>The entire touch screen tablet thing was a gimmick in itself
Its just taking the concept of the DS and putting it onto a console. Not to mention other consoles like Dreamcast and PS4 had similar ideas. Its not really a gimmick if it has been used in many other places.

>and it was obvious people were tired of nintendo's shenanigans
Just like Sony and MS? This is a really generalized (and subjective) statement. And really has little to do with why the Wii U failed.

The major reasons the Wii U did bad was:
1. Bad name choice.
2. No third party support.
3. Bad marketing.
4. No good games until well over a year after the system launched.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.