[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we create a new moba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8
File: images (19).jpg (19 KB, 461x319) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
19 KB, 461x319
ITT: we create a new moba
>>
LoTa: League of the Ancients
>>
But Dota 2 is already the perfect moba.
>>
>>331772275
League is already perfect. Dota 2 is for tryhard hipsters and HotS is for blizzdrones
>>
How about we go back to Dota 1?
>>
get rid of resource cost

get rid of creep deny

get rid of rng

make lane minions not boring. tired of melee, range, occasional siege bullshit. put in a mage that casts a spell, put in a melee that with special abilities, put in a god damn dragon. SOMETHING

get rid of turn delay

region lock. except for muslims. they can play wherever they want

get rid of stupid crate gambling shit. shit is practically illegal letting underaged kids gamble like this

more environment interactions. trees are boring

remove techies
>>
>>331772884
This
>>
is there a moba where there is 5 players figthing eachother?something like 1v1v1v1v1
>>
>>331772275
Easy
>take LoL or DOTA
>remove the cancerous community
>???
>profit
>>
>>331772275
You have 10 seconds to make this genre bearable. GO!
>>
>>331773709
>region lock. except for muslims
U wot?
>>
>>331773709
>get rid of creep deny
You want to get rid of one of the things that makes laning not a total borefest? Are you that bad at competing for hits?
>>
>>331773964
the game is designed to end at the 20 minute mark period
only one item buildable
and there is no gold
you build your only item with kill assists and objetives
>>
>>331774236
laning is a borefest because of your limited mana. if they get rid of resource cost or make it where u can actually use it to skirmish in lane, then creepy deny wont be necessary. last hitting isn't fun.
>>
>>331773709
>letting mudslimes play
>>
>>331772275
Gundam Moba. One side's creeps are GMs and the other is Zakus. You select a pilot and a gundam. Pilots have minor stat adjustments and have a single active skill on a long cooldown.

Gundams themselves are more mobile and action oriented than other Mobas. You have more control over movement than just clicking and have to aim everything, including basic attacks. And each one has a Ranged stance or a Melee stance. Some may have only one.
>>
>>331774716
I'd play it.

I think both the Gundam franchise and Final Fantasy could translate well to MOBAs.
>>
File: Skinner_Box__1_.jpg (65 KB, 854x794) Image search: [Google]
Skinner_Box__1_.jpg
65 KB, 854x794
>>
>>331774495
you're a complete retard. laning phase is what separates the shitters from the people that know how to play. you're the shitter in that scenario.
>>
>>331775250
what's the implication here
>>
>>331775437
didnt saying laning phase is unnecessary idiot. skirmishing in lane against someone takes more skill than out last right clicking a minion, having huge mana cost in dota 2 keeps that from happening
>>
>>331775552
holy shit. there are tons of heroes that have low cost spells and even some that give mana. the spells that have high mana cost are game breakingly good in the first few minutes of the game.

you want to water-down the game to make the fights that are inevitably going appear a bit sooner. you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>331775489
The implication is that MOBAs aren't actually fun, but that they behaviorally condition players into addiction. Also, some would argue that RNG elements and the possibility of losing is also similar to a skinner box in which pellets are released randomly, whether the rat pushes the switch or not (or, whether the player plays well or not).
>>
>>331775783
name 10 faggot
>>
Heroes are different in a meaningful way.
One hero is one of the towers mounted on the back of a giant crab. He is giant and can't get through certain caps in the jungle. He has a shit ton of health and can burrow to just become another tower like an ancient protector in Warcraft 3.
>>
>>331775489
I think you know already
>>
>>331774495
>laning is boring due to lack of mana

naw man thats the reason laning is so exciting, every hit counts. the most boring lanes to fight against are the ones that can spam spells like kotl pl or a skywrath
>>
File: MOBA barebones.jpg (32 KB, 1263x694) Image search: [Google]
MOBA barebones.jpg
32 KB, 1263x694
Where do we go from here?
>>
>>331772275
It's like a MOBA but is 1 v 1 in order to avoid losing because of retards on your team, to compensate now you have to control a lot of unit instead of just 1 hero. Maybe even add some resource gathering so you can choose how fast you get gold and some base building so you can choose wich units to play with.
>>
>>331775783
>early level spells too strong because of how shit you are at laning phase that you can't manage it
>need items and level so you can just eat them
>dota takes mechanical skill

HAAHAHAHAHA you mobafags seriously need to die
>>
>>331776174
Yeah that's called an RTS man, it's an exciting new genre. There's these games called Starcraft and Age of Empires that are really defining the way it plays.
>>
>>331775783
skywrath mage tide hunter bristleback queen of pain storm spirit timbersaw gyrocopter shadow fiend slark undying
>>
>>331776097
>bases aren't diagonal to each other
you already lost Dotards
>>
>>331775867
Bristleback
Zeus
Tidehunter
Lich
Lion
Brewmaster
Viper
Darkseer
Huskar
Tusk
Weaver
>>
>>331775783
Viper
Kotl
OD
Skywrath
Phantom Assasin
Bristleback
Dark Seer
Zeus
Lina
Crystal Maiden
>>
>>331776210
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
>>
>>331776354
I don't play DOTA, or any MOBAs actually. I just wanted to see what kind of map people ITT would make.
>implying you can't just move the bases in the pic if you want them to be diagonal
>implying diagonal isn't just straight across except rotated
>>
>>331773946
>nobody plays it because its full of casual shitfucks like heroes of the storm
perfect.
>>
File: spearman.jpg (296 KB, 1017x869) Image search: [Google]
spearman.jpg
296 KB, 1017x869
It's like a moba but everyone controls a squad of troops to capture and hold objectives. Modern, scifi or fantasy, all apply. Relatively realistic combat. (Troops can use cover, armour and weapon types make a difference).

Maybe heroes, generals or (techno)wizards players can play in a limited amount per team.
>>
>>331776490
every aspect of Dota is sacred to Dotards, even the parts that only exist because of the map maker limitations of Warcraft 3 like the orientation of the map
>>
>>331776097
Fully 3D, Descent-style environment. 5 lanes: mid, top, bottom, right and left (or maybe east/west?).
>>
>>331772275
18vs18
You're a minion.
>>
>>331772275
>moba
Dota 2 is an aRTS
Please don't lump it together with casual trash.
>>
>>331776690
>Dota 2 is an aRTS
That's some top-notch trolling.
>>
>>331776690
I don't see how anyone could say that Dota, LoL, HoN and Smite are different genres. It's not an RTS. You control one dude and you don't build anything.
>>
>give every hero a lot more spells
>remove farm entirely
>make the game about killing other people
>>
>>331776724
What the fuck is a moba?
Before dota clones there was only dota.
LoL shitters coined the term because they didn't want to mention dota in their marketing materials.
>>
>>331776934
but Dota and Hon have you controlling multiple units based on skills and items
>>
>>331776934
the same way diablo is an ARPG.
It's RTS lite, in the same way Warcraft III was an RTS but the main focus was on the heroes.
They just took out the base building shit.
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (1 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
1 KB, 100x100
>>331773709
This sounds awful.
>>
>>331777042
So does Diablo, and no one calls it an RTS.
>>
>>331776934
>Dota 2
>control one dude
If you're a scrub that can't micro maybe.
>>
>>331776724
>>331776690
>every company that makes an ASSFAGGOT has a different term for the genre
>they're somehow still all open-ended as fuck and sound like they could describe anything

>MOBA
could be literally any competitive multiplayer game from Hearthstone to Arma

>ARTS
better description of something like Wargame than an ASSFAGGOTS

>hero brawler
sounds like a fighting game
>>
>>331776615
So sort of Dynasty Warriors like?
>>
>>331772275
re-introduce upgrades for towers. they're strategically very interesting, it could be cool being able to power up a lane and keep a tp spot up for 2k gold or something
>>
>>331777053
>Warcraft 3 is a hybrid of RTS and top-down aRPG
>other game takes same formula, removes all the RTS elements
>somehow still an RTS
>>
>What the fuck is a role playing game?
>Every game has you playing a role
This is you.
>>
>>331777167
The proper term is ASSFAGGOTS.
>>
>>331777336
see
>>331777167

>>331777268
>removes all RTS elements
>except it's real time
>strategic
>has the same objectives of destroying the enemy base
>it doesn't have base building so it's not RTS
Than Dawn of War series is basically not an RTS either.
>>
>>331777336
meant for >>331777167
>>
>>331772275
league, but stats not increase on level-up, and creeps do not get stronger as time goes on.
, and 3 or 2 levels per skill
>>
I just want a FPS MOBA where the minions can actually fuck players up and capture objective with the actual efficiency of a trained military unit.

>Because Titanfall was shit tier
>>
>>331777460
Dawn of War 1 has base building, and DoW 2 isn't an RTS.
Dota doesn't have enough RTS elements to qualify. No base-building, no army-recruiting, no resource management, no teching.
Now, you may try to argue that it does have those things, but you're wrong. Spawning illusions, or summoning or mind-controlling creeps is not the same as building an army. Getting gold for killing enemies is not a defining RTS elements (it's in so many games that aren't RTS). Leveling up and buying items is not the same as teching. There's nothing that makes it an RTS except for the UI it inherited from an RTS game.
>>
>>331776631
what if you could rotate camera in Dot2. Would that really break the game or make it better? Im sick of WC3 parity. Its about time they drop it
>>
>>331777336
>>331777460
>>331777532
the term RPG comes from them being direct translations of tabletop roleplaying into a video game. It's a dumb term, but with justification. MOBA, ARTS and hero brawler all sound like better descriptions of something else other than LoL/Dota/HotS
>>
NO MORE
FARMING
A
R
M
I
N
G
>>
>>331778176
Play HotS
>>
>>331778176
I liked how battle party managed a point system instead of just mindless gold earning.
But farming is important to prevent stalling tactics, else there is no reason to leave your towers.
>>
>>331778081
people would say it would, but as long as the fog of war stays intact I couldnt imagine how

I agree dota 2 is free and once they port all the heroes dota 1 should he abandoned
>>
>>331778265
>Don't tell my Dota/League group I like Hots more
>Our little secret OK
>>
First, we make it an action RPG MMORPIG.

Then, we remove preset heroes, instead using your built characters, with classes/levels/gear/etc. You create and customize each character.

There's an action RPG for PvE elements, very CUHRAYZEEE, lots of high energy movement

boatloads of skills, all available to you in PvE. Enchanting, crafting, the works.

In the MOBA PvP arenas, your levels, stats, skills, etc are all reduced to starting values based on your class.

Your equipment stays the same, but the stats are reduced. Instead of buying items, as you grow stronger your equipment is unsealed and becomes more powerful. This is manually triggered but can only be triggered when you are out of combat.

When you enter the arena, you choose a specific set of skills (let's say 5 for the sake of example - 3 active skills and 2 passive skills) a pre-generated "ultimate" skill that is not usable elsewhere is generated based on the skills you choose. All skills, whether acquired at level 1 or level 50, are normalized to be balanced, the higher level skills are more sidegrades than anything else. You can choose any class you want to in PvP, but you are limited to only skills that you have unlocked (IE: your main is a level 50 berzerker and you have three level 10 ranger, brawler, and mage characters, you can choose any class, but can only choose up to level 50 skills as a berzerker, 10 as a ranger, brawler, or mage, and 1 as any other class.)

Widely varied arenas with different objectives, obstacles, and layouts.

If you're too much of a babby for the PvE content and just want to play a MOBA, you do gain experience in the class you play as and can easily max all classes without touching PvE. Characters who do this will build from a set of pre-generated gear that's just as good as normal gear, but can only be used in PvP.
>>
>>331772275

That one MOBA-like game mode on Company of Heroes was okay.
Otherwise I'm not into MOBAs
>>
>>331778708
It's a cool idea that will never, ever happen. Way too difficult to dev, and the aspect being able to choose y our own skills will just create a meta that will only change with buffs and nerfs
>>
>>331778084
ARTS is a descendant of RTS you mong.
Why don't you apply the same rules retard?
>>
>>331777951
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is a real-time strategy-tactical role-playing video game developed by Relic Entertainment and published by THQ for Microsoft Windows based on the fictional Warhammer 40,000 universe. It is the sequel to the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War video game series. Dawn of War II was released in North America on February 19, 2009[2] and in Europe on February 20, 2009.[3]
>>
>>331781918
>take an RTS/RPG hybrid
>remove 90% of the RTS mechanics
>it's still an RTS
Wargame or Company of Heroes is closer to an "action RTS" than Dota is
>>
>>331777934
You could make a game where each player controll a small group of character instead of just one
>>
>>331781724
Yeah, it's just one of my gamedev ideas that I'll never actually make.
>>
>>331774716
>Gundam Moba
Sign me the fuck up senpai so long as the G Self is playable along with the God gundam.
>>
Who here played Dawngate? That was pretty interesting where there were those workers (can't remember the name) that gave your team passive gold. The enemies could kill your workers to gimp you, but they were in your jungle somewhat close to the base.

They also had that like role thing you could choose right before the game started to complement what you planned on doing, plus the item build paths were pretty good.

Its a shame it got canceled
>>
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
I want another mmo like archeblade
>>
>>331782828
Dawngate was literally the chemo the moba community needed, but was shut down because it wasn't making EA enough money 2 months into A FUCKING ALPHA.
>>
>>331782847
*moba
>>
>>331772275
Moba full of moe shit. Do rpg quest to level up.
>>
>>331778708
Sounds a lot like Guild Wars.
>>
>>331782828
Yeah, the role thing was really good, because it basically made it so that supports were not poor as fuck. As long as they harrass they had a good stream of money. And they got more money from being near minion deaths. It was pretty much the gold income of the items they added later into League (Frost Queens, Talisman etc).

Also no mana meant constant skirmishing which was exciting.
>>
>>331773023
but it's not a moba
>>
>>331783116
Except the pve and pvp in guild wars are both absolute trash.
>>
>>331774495
Just play LoL if you want to brainlessly spam spells in lane instead of actually managing your resource and needing to get the most out of every cast
>>
>>331783785
You better be talking about 2.
>>
>>331783923
xD
I sure do prefer Dota where your skill costs 120 mana and you have only 200
>>
>>331783950
Guild Wars 1's PvE was awful, but I never did the PvP more than once or twice so I can't really comment on it.

Mostly talking about 2, yes.
>>
Open battlefield, instead of lanes creeps have a "home" Y position that they'll move back to when they lose aggro or are pulled too far, towers are control points that you capture by destroying and they spawn more creeps when you own them, lots of heroes have abilities that place structures and defenses, the ancient/nexus/whatever equivalent is a big wall along the back row
>>
>One guy builds stuff (Natural Selection style)
>Players only get vision from their character, it's also a cone of vision instead of 360 vision
>Builder guy gets vision from building cameras or something
>Large teams using voice chat to decide where to expand the base to
>Fuckhuge map, fast expansion
>Game controls like an arcade game where you use left analog stick/wasd to move and then right analog stick/mouse to shoot
>Except for the builder guy who's just playing an RTS
>Aim of the game is destroying the other teams main base
>No leveling
>Smallish pool of characters to choose from (around 20), each with different playstyles
I haven't put much thought into this though
>>
File: 1420080856086.jpg (24 KB, 291x319) Image search: [Google]
1420080856086.jpg
24 KB, 291x319
>>331784647
>No leveling
>>
>>331784854
>He likes farming
I forgot to say that there'd be no minions/creeps either, although neutral creatures that drop resources would be pretty neat
>>
>>331785009
Leveling and farming are not mutually inclusive.
>>
DISNEY MOBA

USING ALL THE DIFFERENT DISNEY CHARACTERS THAT EXIST

I WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY NOW
>>
>>331785065
But then the only ways to get experience would be from farming neutrals or killing enemies, which would make the game snowball really hard after a few kills
>>
>>331785189
Just make the kill XP very slight. Also have passive xp gain or maybe grant XP for doing other positive tasks like helping with building or whatever else they're doing while they're not fighting. What are you doing when you're not fighting, actually? Unless the players help with building or have some other sort of task it seems like all they do is scout around.

The only thing keeping these games enjoyable is the high of getting more and more powerful. Even in base RTS it works like this.
>>
Change the heroes with cute girls instead like those from Senran Kagura
>>
>>331785439
I was thinking of having it resource based, with better resources allowing the builder to develop better weapons/armour/other shit for the ground guys to use, which means you want to be securing areas and raiding the enemy outposts until you can muster up the firepower to attack the enemy base all out
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.