[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What genre do you wish was more popular on /v/? puzzlers for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: incoming2014-38.jpg (31 KB, 450x266) Image search: [Google]
incoming2014-38.jpg
31 KB, 450x266
What genre do you wish was more popular on /v/?

puzzlers for me, i feel like i'm a casual when i come here because i just want to play point-and-clicks and puzzle games.
>>
Layton threads are pretty frequent. Shame the series is dead.
>>
Puzzlers and point and clicks; Why is it story based games these days are FPS
>>
>>331766121
ah, I actually just got a DS recently so I may have to check out this series.

Which one is the best iyo?
>>
>>331766419
They're all great, and cheap now, Play them in order
>>
>>331767294
oh alright, thanks for the heads up
>>
>>331766025

What are your favourite puzzle games anon? What would you recommend?
>>
>>331766401
>I actually just got a DS recently
For point and clicks get Hotel Dusk, The Last Window, Another Code, Theresia, Ace attorney
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 379x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 379x388
If you like this shit you should check out echochrome
>>
>>331768373
The Swapper
World of Goo
Machinarium
Hook
any escape-the-room game, especially MOTAS
Gunpoint

probably leaving out a few, but i'm trying to expand my taste a bit. so many duds on steam though.
>>
File: RamzaPimp.jpg (2 MB, 1710x1394) Image search: [Google]
RamzaPimp.jpg
2 MB, 1710x1394
>>331766025
Strategy and Tactical RPGs. I've already played a grand majority of the ones I can read though. I'm working on learning moonrunes to some degree so I can start playing some of the ones without a translation patch.

Picture related is still my favorite out of all the ones I've played. Of course that may just be blind nostalgia talking.
>>
>Point and clicks
Syberia
Myst
Broken Sword
Scratches
The Last Express
Post Mortem
Sanitarium
The case of the rose tattoo
Prisoners of Ice
Shadow of the comet
Neverhood
Grim Fandango
Discworld
Discworld 2
Discrwolrd Noir
The 39 Steps
Shadowgate
>Puzzles
Khet 2.0
Hexcells
SpaceChem
TIS
Infinifactory
>>
>>331769704
are any of those freeware?

also which myst do you recommend? i actually have an old CD copy of it for pc but can't get it to run even on sheepsaver

nice to meet a fellow point and click fan
>>
>>331768693

No, after like level 7 echochrome started getting bullshit

Is that an actual level in your pic? Fuck

>>331769889

Get a job.
>>
>>331769889
>are any of those freeware?
Pirate them you bitch ass nigga
I wouldn't be surprised if those Discworld games, and Case of the Rose Tatoo are abandonware by now
>which myst do you recommend
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
Riven(Check out Starry Expanse)
Exille
Revelation
End of Ages
Uru
>>
>>331770541
you're a dick, not everyone has money to blow on vidya all the time.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.