[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm interested in pic related, but somebody told me it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: warframelogo.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
warframelogo.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
I'm interested in pic related, but somebody told me it's pay to win. Is it true? Is it worth Downloading?
>>
bump, interested as well
>>
im playing it, i went back on my old lvl 5 account and i dont understand fucking anything. i try to mod weapons and it says i gotta build some shit on my ship. i have no fucking clue where to buy that thing for my ship.

the gameplay is kinda fun i guess. its quite fast paced. its not challenging enough for my liking.
>>
Pay 2 notgrind
>>
>>331763420
This. Game is really cool until you QUICKLY realize that it's 99%grind, and the gameplay is actually pretty boring.
>>
>>331762773
>co-op game
>pay2win
>>
I used to just play the Wave Defenses and Survivals and those were pretty lit. It does have a lot to it and it may seem slightly intimidating. Once you've figured out how to play though it's a good time. Just take some effort into learning some mechanics and modding, then the grinding begins!
>>
File: Danjin.png (201 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Danjin.png
201 KB, 400x600
Literally played it for the first time yesterday since open beta. My friend has never played it and shit is all too changed for me to know whats going on.

Luckily my main account (after not use it for like 2 years) has a 35 year ban on it, so I had to make a new one in the mean time.

They've really developed the game from last i played. Most from what i can see is they've replaced original game menus with intractable environment. Instead of sitting at a black screen of space and choosing your planet, or navigating menus to craft/upgrade you're instead on your own personal ship, using work stations and modules to do all of of the aforementioned.

They've really improved the movement system from what i once was. Before it was pretty rustic and choppy. But now it all seems to flow really well together, allowing you to get up to some sanic speeds.

No longer playing on the same 3 levels. Plus levels are larger. Also encountered that Void Tower last night, was pretty blown away. We were slightly underleveled so it wasn't a steamroll. Its also great to see them adding so many secret rooms and paths to the game now that utilize the movement system. Hidden treasure troves are fun to find.

What we first identified as paywall garbage (obtaining certain materials/items) we eventually learned were obtainable through farming.

Its first and foremost a COOP PvE dungeon runner and so the grind is welcome in my eyes, coming from typical ARPGs these days.

And being F2P means i can dip whenever we get bored.
>>
>>331762773

Everything you can buy with money you can get through playing, with varying degrees of grind. The only thing requiring real money are slots for more weapons and armor.
>>
Can someone explain miners to me?
Apparently if i complete all the levels/zones of a planet I can set up an extractor or something?
Does this mean it just periodically supplies me with the 4 crafting mats tied to that specific planet?
>>
>>331762773
Warframe may be one of the most overwhelming games I've ever played, and boy is it frustrating trying to learn all of the shit.
>>331764463
This guy is right. I played Warframe one time two years ago or so and it was a hot steaming pile of shit, but I actually really enjoy it now despite a full realization that is in fact pay 2 not grind as the other anon says. If you want to be a reductionist, which is actually fine in this case, the whole point of the game is to literally just play missions and get new weapons/warframes. That's literally it, but I still enjoy it cause there aren't many games on PC that I can drop into for free and play with people because I don't have many friends.
>>
>>331765510

You get a bundle of any of the 4 mats from that planet every six hours (8 for the distilling ones). It's completely random which one you get.
>>
>>331762773
give it a go op
its free and only about 15gb
simple to pick up if you aren't braindead
>>331765627
>Warframe may be one of the most overwhelming games I've ever played, and boy is it frustrating trying to learn all of the shit.
you must be pretty dumb
>>
JUSTICE FOR WIA
WARBROS NR.1
>>
Not pay to win, however a lot of things can be bought that eliminate the horrendous grind.
>>
File: 1458483490945.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1458483490945.webm
3 MB, 960x540
do you like girly boys op?
>>
>>331766004
Wia is dumb and warbros is shit
>>
File: 0KfdVdC.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0KfdVdC.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>331766206
SPOTTED THE SALTY FORUM BABBY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s8klg6lSeA
>>
It's not pay to win, it's pay to not grind. But like any Diablo style game the grind is the game. So it's really pay to skip gameplay.

The in game shop is a trap for the naive, stupid, and lazy. The only thing that can't be found in game that affects game-play is weapon and warframe slots. You will find your self wanting more fairly quickly. However you can trade items for the cash-shop currency.

>>331766131
I need to get him. I liked the way his armor skill seems to work from reading the description. Just need more slots, and the pieces.
>>
>>331767156
nezha is basically a girly rhino with a teleport
>>
>>331762773
Decent action game. Grind for a couple of days to get the raw materials or parts of shit you want. Use real money to get shit the same day instead of waiting anywhere from an hour to three days for shit to actually build to use it. You can also use real money to buy things outright but that's dumb. Don't be dumb.
>>
>not buying exclusive cosmetics
you don't want to look poor do you?
>>
>>331767251
Well Rhino is one of my favorite frames, so that sounds great.

Unrelated, but Mesa is underrated. Her 2 is probably one of the best CCs in the game, if not the best I've seen. Everyone just talks about her 4th, but I'm telling you guys that her 2 is actually the best skill she has.
>>
>>331767657
your prob just a shitter
mirage has the objectively best cc in the game
>>
>>331763350

You have to do the new main mission string, because you have to turn on the Ship's machinery through it.

It's a plot-relevant mission string that also doubles as the tutorial for new players.
>>
>>331767657
It's unreliable CC. If it can't be exploited to cheese through event leaderboards, it's ghetto tier.
>>
>>331767657

Mesa is great for Grineer defenses and interception missions. Her 2 and 3 basically makes her immune to ballistic weapons.
>>
Pay to grind less.

There are a few frames that are a pain to get normally, but the community has figured out some very efficient grinding methods that make everything else a breeze.
>>
>>331767991
used to*
she got nerfed last patch
>>
>>331763705
nubs can't outsmart bots
>>
I recently started playing it, and I think it's pretty good tbqh.

Online games is all about grinding anyway, the question is how you make that grinding fun to do, which is something I think Warframe manages better than other games.
>>
>>331767746
You talking about Prism? I must be using it wrong then. Unless you just mean immediately canceling it for the blind and building it for range and duration.

>>331767964
What unreliable about it?

>>331767991
Her 2 affects everything. I was suppressed to see melee enemies get stunned by it.
>>
It's hardly pay to win if getting gear is the whole game.
The only problem I have is you need to pay for gear and character slots.
>>
>>331767886
Oh ok thanks anon, what is that mission called/what planet is it on?
>>
>>331762773
>I'm interested in pic related, but somebody told me it's pay to win
Yes, more specifically pay not to grind. You can buy literally everything in the game for premium currency. And you will need to buy it regardless of what you're doing (unless you're very, VERY efficient at what you're doing), because of limited inventory space that you cannot expand without premium currency. You can trade gear for premium currency in the trade chat, but you will need some to level to even get close to grinding that gear to begin with.
>>
I've spent so much fucking time in the warframe wikia.
Holy shit it was annoying
>>
>>331762773

actually, right NOW is the best time to get into the game, because this is the anniversary week and everybody gets 3 weapons for free AND you get weapon slots with those, so even if you already have them from previous years, you get free weapons slots anyway.
>>
File: 1377278075080.jpg (205 KB, 1864x435) Image search: [Google]
1377278075080.jpg
205 KB, 1864x435
I miss 2013 warbros
>>
>>331768487
>What unreliable about it?
The part where it only affects 3 enemies per stun and you have no control on which one. Actually it will still be terrible even if you can choose simply because 3 enemies is laughable crowd control.
>>
>>331768664
>You can buy literally everything in the game for premium currency
Oh, and most of that shit comes from the in-game shop, which is the biggest scam since TF2 purchasable weapons.
>>
>>331762773
If you ever want to buy platinum wait until you randomly get a 75% off offer (I got one the 3rd day I played).
>>
>>331769067
Hey at least we're at the point where Becca is desperate enough to flash her tits during the devstream.
>>
>>331769167
I'm legitimately convinced that "-75% off" is an actual base price for plat in the game considering the rate that voucher drops at. And I always fucking do the same mistake.
>>
>>331762773
Its fun but it's biggest issue is stat-oriented power creep.
Enemies dont get smarter or anything as you go further, they just get higher stats so you have to grind a bit for better level equipment and mods to keep going.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.