[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you made a dex character yet, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: images (6).jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
9 KB, 300x168
Why haven't you made a dex character yet, /v/?
>>
but i did
it's my main thing actually, dex weapon, two handed, no shield
>>
>>331758343
Because DEX builds are for weebs and girly men.
>>
File: 1457752835122.jpg (50 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1457752835122.jpg
50 KB, 500x667
>>331758526
Found the strength fag
>>
>>331758343
Because all the games that I played had it broken and was fun up to midgame. Since the transition from midgame to lategame everything would get fucked up for dex characters, not being able to oneshot anyone, but being oneshot by eveything. So then I would switch and invest all the time into str guy, only to find out that they eventually rebalanced dex and is now viable. And I would end up having 2 characters in the middle of the progression, no main.
Like shit, this is true to almost every game that I played.
>>
>>331758343
i've only played strength characters with the reinforced club. i was gonna play again, is a winged spear build viable? i felt like any weapon i used other than the reinforced club was just a downgrade.
>>
I did, that shit was easy mode and here I always thought my strength characters were easy
>>
>>331758343
how
>>
Every time I end up making a dex character I find out that strength weapons not only look cooler, hit harder, and have a larger variety, but they also a larger lore component to them. I've ended up regretting it every time.
>>
>Manlets think that strength is inferior to speed
>>
>>331760345
Stick with the Reinforced Club if you're so used to the animations and such. Just make sure to keep your load under 25% of your max load
>>
>>331758343

Noob here. What are the main differences between str and dex weapons? Just how heavy the attacks are?

I'm playing DaS for the first time and I've just been using a basic claymore.
>>
>>331760757
str weapons usually hit slower and harder yeah
>>
>>331758343
I did do a Dex run back in the day. Daggers/Bows only, no Magic, 0 Poise, and only Light Shields. It was a really interesting playthrough.
>>
File: claymore.png (6 KB, 102x120) Image search: [Google]
claymore.png
6 KB, 102x120
>>331758343

because I'm too busy with my quality weaponfu
>>
>>331760757

Claymore is one of the best weapons in the game. It's good for quality (mix of dex and strength) builds and has a great moveset and reasonable recovery time for how hard it hits.
>>
>>331760497

Same. Dex always seems to get a raw deal.

This is why I'm happy respeccing is back for DS3. I'm going to try for a dex build again, but if the weapons suck I can switch.
>>
>>331758343
Because I'm a size queen and find it much more satisfying to do a lot of damage at once instead of an equal amount or greater in chip damage.
>>
Just make a build where you can wield dragonslayer spear. Best weapon in every dks game
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.