[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Shadow the Hedgehog?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: ShadowTheHedgehog_supersize.png (2 MB, 796x1023) Image search: [Google]
ShadowTheHedgehog_supersize.png
2 MB, 796x1023
What does /v/ think of Shadow the Hedgehog?
>>
>>331756906
Edgy
>>
>>331756906
All memes aside I actually enjoyed Shadow the hedgehog

It was one of those stupid fun kind of games
>>
not as cool as me, Anon the Anonymous
>>
>>331756906
NOTHING PERSONNEL, KID
>>
I liked him in SA2. He would have been remembered as an okay addition if they just let him die with that game
>>
>>331756906
I wish someone would just tell me where that damn FOURTH chaos emerald is already
>>
Better than Sanic
>>
What started the black+red combo = edgy tradition? It's so prevalent now.

Does anybody know where it first began?
>>
File: 160.png (44 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
160.png
44 KB, 160x160
He's my favorite video game character. I really think that 06 was the pinnacle of Shadow's character, and it's a damn shame that they dropped all the side characters and plot after 06.
>>
Shadow the Hedgehog the game is worse than Sonic 06.
>>
>>331757590
They are colors that have always been seen as evil and related to Lucifer in the west.
>>
>>331757702

Only if you played the ps2 port

The gamecube version runs at a playable framerate at least.
>>
>>331756906
Shadow is a pretty cool guy, eh shoots guns and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>331757702
You've clearly never played either if you honestly feel that way and aren't just shit posting.
>>
Literally me
>>
>>331757869

06 is like a 2/10, while Shadow is just a straight up 1/10.
>>
>>331756906
He's TOO edgy

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1sOlt2xBCHC
>>
>best part of sa2 were the hedgehog levels
>lets make an entire game of just hedgehog levels, starring shadow, a fan favorite!

>but now lets also give him guns that make him stop moving to shoot
>put some shitty vehicles in there too
>oh and how about some shitty side missions where you have to kill absolutely every single enemy in the stage to move on to a different stage, instead of just getting to the end!

How did they fuck this up so hard
>>
File: 1452269834080.jpg (77 KB, 373x373) Image search: [Google]
1452269834080.jpg
77 KB, 373x373
>>331758063
Yup. This is shitposting all right.
>>
>>331758063
lolololol

Shadow The Hedgehog is a 5/10. Sonic 06 is a 3/10. You're just being flippant for the sake of shitposting.
>>
>>331758248
>>but now lets also give him guns that make him stop moving to shoot
But you can shoot the guns while moving
>put some shitty vehicles in there too
For the most part, these are optional. The only exceptions are the jumping walkers, I think.
>oh and how about some shitty side missions where you have to kill absolutely every single enemy in the stage to move on to a different stage, instead of just getting to the end!
It's not that bad, but there were some stages (ARTIFICIAL CHAOS AND HEALING SCIENTISTS) where you just can't be asked to complete the other objectives
>>
File: gun commander.png (116 KB, 338x249) Image search: [Google]
gun commander.png
116 KB, 338x249
>>331758271

Nothing about Shadow had any budget or thought put into it. It's zero effort trash that tried and failed to capture the absolute lowest common denominator they could possibly go for. Even the central premise of the game is designed to lazily pad the game out three fold without doing any extra work.
>>
Fastest adventure style game to date. guns were optional as you can melee everything. one or two unbeatable levels. I liked it more then i should have
>>
>>331758594
>No thought put into it

>The entire game was literally made because of fan input
>All ten of the default endings are actually popular fan theories on who the Shadow in Sonic Heroes was, since he supposedly died in SA2
>Heroes' gameplay without the retarded forced partner use, which was horribly implemented (but could have been done well if designed better)
>Sonic The Hedgehog 2's multiplayer, where a second player literally grabs a controller at any time to control the partner character
>Every stage has three missions except for the final five before the ten endings, you choose what you want to do or you can just run to the goal ring if that's your steeze
>Check points allow you to traverse back to previous check points
>All of that SA2 homage

The only problems with Shadow The Hedgehog were the retarded inclusions of weapons, most of the vehicles (disc and walker work fine), and the story. Everything else had a lot of heart and thought put into it, even if the time and finances weren't there. You gotta remember, this was their second Sonic game after Sega almost went bankrupt and had to go third party. They couldn't afford to make it LOOK like a good game, but it definitely plays okay and there was a lot of thought put into the mechanics of the game, even if the story is stupid.
>>
>>331758594
This kid is creepier than whatever scared him.
>>
>>331758929
>All ten of the default endings are actually popular fan theories on who the Shadow in Sonic Heroes was, since he supposedly died in SA2
People back then actually thought the Shadow in Heroes was working for an alien? The fuck?
>Sonic The Hedgehog 2's multiplayer, where a second player literally grabs a controller at any time to control the partner character
Which was literally unplayable because Shadow would constantly off-screen the other player within seconds. That feature does not work in 3D at all.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.