[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you make a sequel to Bully?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x686
>New protag/New school
>New cliques such as furrys and SJWs
>Introduce smart phone/internet system from GTA
>The game has its own social media
>Instead of photos you can record videos of people to humiliate them online, affecting the cliques reputation

Anything else?
>>
File: 1451766600116.gif (582 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1451766600116.gif
582 KB, 350x280
>>331756065
i would love this but you know how bullying is a big thing now...
>>
>>331756065
>yfw Yandere Simulator is the spiritual successor to Bully
>>
You could do amazing things with some kind of internet detective system to find embarrassing shit.

Aside from that I would love a way to hang out with people once you joined a clique.
>>
It strikes me as a rather daft idea to modernize the setting of Bully.

Even the original was very deliberately anachronistic. The cliques weren't... Emos and Goths or whatever was popular back then. It was Greaser and Jocks and other groups whos identity and fashion styles were obviously inspired by the 1950s.
>>
Takes place in a shitty public school; instead of potato launchers, fire crackers and slingshots there are knives, sawed off baseball bats and occasional guns.
>>
>>331758296
Nobody wants to play in an American school.
>>
File: sijjf.gif (197 KB, 462x326) Image search: [Google]
sijjf.gif
197 KB, 462x326
>>331757120
>>
>>331758296
>go to school
>get shot
America pls
>>
>>331758259

This anon gets it.

The next Bully should be a satire of the remember the 90s? trend.
>>
>>331756065
Why is the game called Bully, when Jimmy is mischievous at best. He's a good kid that helps other kids and gets in trouble sometimes. Shit he even tries in class.
>>
I was bullied in school

would play
>>
>>331758296
Epic, GTA was always a take on American culture, why not make Bully the same?
>>
>>331758635
because it explores the bullying aspect of a high school.

he may not be a bully in a traditional sense, but I remember correctly he seriously fucked up the nerds, humiliated the posh kids.
It was after being humiliated him self did he retaliate but in the end united the school and left the last bully to be dealt with
>>
>>331757016
where is this anime girl from?
>>
>>331758692
in this game you honestly don't bully people it's more about sticking up for kids who are being bullied.
>>
Takes place in college. The kids that grew up with it are now in college so there's that. Frats, hazing, classes, parties, etc. A lot more to work with.
>>
File: 12412521515.jpg (66 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
12412521515.jpg
66 KB, 590x590
>>331756065
Just set it in college years.
>>
Jimmy in a fictional, once-great ivy league college

Frats
Sororities
The different program's allow for a great foundation upon which to create missions (cut throat law students trying to sabotage each other, overworked med students, environmental activists, social experiments, dating, secret societies, summer jobs, students fighting for scholarships, eccentric tenured professors)

A fucking veritable sea of potential
>>
>>331757016
It was a bigger thing when bully was actually announced anon, were you not old enough to remember the huge outcry that fizzled out once the game was actually released and people saw what it was
>>
>>331758259
It'd be the perfect thing to stir up these shitty entitled people that love to bitch and be victimized. I'd love it so much I'd buy 5 copies. We need a modern bully satire, people would go nuts. Especially ones that just search for shit to be mad about knowing full well they don't play games
>>
>>331758296
>Let's make Bully 2 great by adding guns
Are you fucking retarded? The whole point of Bully was to make a GTA game without the cars and guns and still make it fun and interesting.
>>
>>331756065
>full city
>takes place from the perspective of a NEET acquiring social stuff and a job, i guess
>minigame revolving around keeping spaghetti in your pocket
>NEEDS to have pokemon references all the fuck over the place with a group of people
>beating the game gives you stuff for GTA:online
>>
>>331756065
>name it bully
>white teenage male protag
>slap rockstar on it
>"from the creator of gta v in the trailer"
there, millions dollaridos for no efforts whatsover
>>
>>331760389
>this post
>>
>>331760351
No, he means anti-bullying is a big deal these days. And with today's hyper sensitive pussies it would be suicide to release such an uncooth title.
>>
>>331760405
Kind of like Manhunt guns could be impossible to get at the beginning except for longer than the first chapter. At first it's mostly fist fights and knives and bats imagine about halfway through the game you get mixed up with a gang and by the end you're basically playing grand theft auto.
>>
>>331761958
Then just play gta, nigger.

Bully shouldn't be that shit
>>
>>331760810
That's what I mean. Bully launched right in the midst of the anti-bullying movement, when it was getting talked about by organisations constantly, and cyber bullying was a constant topic in the news. When it was announced politicians were calling for action to be taken against Rockstar, senators were petitioning for it to be banned, and either Walmart or target pledged not to carry it before it was even released.

This was before anyone had seen it. Not only is the climate nowhere near that focused on bullying now, we're in the middle of a backswing where the popular opinion is rejecting the idea of a super PC culture, AND we have the benefit of a bully game already existing so everyone knows what to expect from it (the most hilarious shit about the Bully launch was all the windbags realising that the actual game had fuck-all to do with being a bully simulator)

There's no way to pretend that a sequel would get met with even half the shit the original got. It's pure, narrative serving delusion to say "we could never get away with a game like that in TODAY'S climate, the world really is going to hell in a hand basket"
>>
File: cena eyebrows.gif (625 KB, 200x186) Image search: [Google]
cena eyebrows.gif
625 KB, 200x186
>>331756065
>>Instead of photos you can record videos of people to humiliate them online, affecting the cliques reputation
C Y B E R B U L L Y
>>
>>331756065
Bully is weird in that it seems to be set in an English boarding school yet everyone is American.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.