[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like Carmageddon? Favorite racer/car/level? Ever go for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: carmageddon 1.jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
carmageddon 1.jpg
63 KB, 640x480
Do you like Carmageddon? Favorite racer/car/level? Ever go for killing all the pedestrians in a level? Did the reboot stop being shitty after the updates?
>>
oh shit yes I do. favorite level gotta be maim city, it's classic and memorable.

The updates they made to the reboot improved performance, and it ran fine for me. not too bad, also in a couple months they're going to release it for consoles, ps4 and xbone.

such a based series, it introduced and got me in love with iron maiden.
>>
Basically a perfect game.
>>
File: 1454227458105.jpg (55 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1454227458105.jpg
55 KB, 480x720
>>331747296
>>331747858
>>331747947
Fuck me if this is not a marketing campaign
>>
>>331748832
take the tinfoil hat off shitter, game never gets any discussion.
>>
>>331747858
I don't remember what was wrong when I installed it back in the 90s, but I had the sound effects but not music at all.

I just assumed it was meant to be that way.
>>
Carmageddon 2 is one of my favourite games ever. The city that was in the PC Zone demo is my favourite level and I know that place like the back of my hand.
Haven't tried the newest one yet, and it doesn't seem to have the cartoony charm which puts me off slightly but will probably get it during a sale or something.
Never liked the first game as much to be honest, and the third didn't hold my attention for long. Not even sure why.
>>
>>331749129
I don't even listen to metal but I can't imagine playing Carmageddon without the soundtrack, much less with no music at all.
>>
Huge fan of 1 and 2. Friend and I used t play it all the time. Taking theme urns on his brand new pentium 2. Lol.

Great game. I still drive around screaming things like "PILE-DRIVER BONUS" at pedestrians hoping they'll get the reference and not step in front of my car. Irl. Yes I'm insane.

I also only know about iron Maiden from this game. I honestly didn't even know it was a band. I thought "the trooper" was just part of the carmageddon soundtrack. I was young, give me a break.

I bought the reboot a while ago but I haven't played it. No time. :(
>>
>>331747296
I had an accident
my friends gifted me c:tdr when they visited me in the hospital
So this one calls home
it aged badly IMO, but it is still fun as fuck
>>
It's pretty bad to be honest. The cars are excessively slidey, and the campaign mode has this slow-ass progression where you need to either grind races or grind points inside the races to get up the ladder. The AI is worthless and just start driving in circles and teleporting as soon as it's out of your range, so there's literally no reason to drive for laps: going for the kills always gives more points and is faster.

It had potential, but they just slapped some half-assed mechanics on it and rode the edge.
>>
File: 2.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
it still blows my mind that this game had fully functional free roaming, real-time physics and collision deformation four years before gta 3 came out
>>
File: 1440888200244.jpg (10 KB, 250x138) Image search: [Google]
1440888200244.jpg
10 KB, 250x138
>>331748832
Bend over
>>
Delicious low poly and digitized actors.
>>
>>331747858
>iron maiden
Isn't Carma's music Fear Factory?
>>
>>331747296
I fuckin love it.
Had to wait untill 2005 for any car game to have the same level of physics.
First i got the zombie version, and after the splat pack, everything went better.

Supressor master race.
>>
Anyone else play TDR2K?
Most people I know never even heard of it.
>>
File: 1374454438555.gif (880 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1374454438555.gif
880 KB, 720x405
>>331750401
>all the animations in 1 are the same poor bastard in the company parking lot being 'mocapped' by being bumped into with the boss's car in slow motion
>>
>>331747858

>liking meme city.

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>331751148

TDR2000 was...not very good. I finished it and was overall pretty disappointed.

As for my fave car, has to be the towmeister. Don't know why, it was just fuckin' great.
>>
>>331747296
yes, great sacred game, one that neo /v/aginas don't know about

both carmageddon 1&2 were a lot of fun
>>
>>331747296
I got the recent port for my Android phone and they did a great job for it. inb4 shill, fuck off I pirated it you dumb cuck.
>>
>>331749969
awesome s/t as well

>>331751250
maim city is the best though. it had that one stadium full of pedestrians that you could fuck up with the electro bastard ray
>>
I remember I used to love the original game when I was around 6 or 7. My brother was only 8-9 so desu I have no idea where the game came from. It's a wonder I'm not a serial killer now, I adored running over animals and people
>>
>>331751249
Mocap for video games seems like it was fun and goofy back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfglJ364OpY
>>
>>331751871
why wouldnt it be fun and goofy now?
>>
>>331751871
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzGR3NjB2Qw
>>
>>331751148
i played it.
It took the worse of carma 2, the missions and add it in the most retarded way.
The rest in general was pretty bland.

Worst of the 3
>>
>>331752080
I dunno the state of mocap these days so I just assumed it's not as silly since higher productions might mean less ghetto rigging and stuff, feel free to post goofy modern mocap moments. I mostly get that feeling since I only ever seen mocap being shown as really impressive and technologically advanced like LA Noire's facial animations, but that's anecdotal.
>>331752107
Oh shit this is great.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.