[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit Friends General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: 2014-06-20_00001.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-20_00001.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1080
Two of my work colleagues who are pretty good friends have absolutely fucking disgraceful taste in video games. The past two weeks they've been constantly shilling The Division, wanting me to buy it to play with them and I can't bring myself to do it. Nothing about that game appeals to me and no matter how many times I tell these pleb motherfuckers how shit of a company Ubisoft are, they'll reply, "But it's fun". When I ask them to elaborate on what they mean by that, exactly, neither of them can give examples and we're back at, "You need to buy it and play with us. It's fun."

It's actually affecting our friendship and I'm beginning to actively avoid them just so I don't have to talk about it.

Any of you cunts have similar experiences?
>>
I dont have any friends op
>>
Nope. Me and my friends all play The Division.
>It's pretty fun
>>
>>331728926
You sound like the cunt in this case, they just want you to join them and have fun
>>
Sounds like your problem is that either you or them lack the social skills to reach an understanding in that different people like different things. I have friends who love minecraft/battlefield/fallout 4/skyrim and that is literally all they play.I don't care for those games but it doesn't affect our friendship negatively.
>>
My friend is playing Division a lot. I'm pretty sure he will get tired of it soon enough. We have discussed it and I've made several point about pseudo-realistic shooters making for shit mmos as you end up shooting the same guys for hours before they drop dead, he agreed and said that this kind of mindless grind is what he needs after stressful shifts at work (he's a surgeon). Then we just chilled and never brought it up again. I don't see the problem, Op.
>>
My friend doesn't exist.
>>
>>331729062

See, this is their argument. Just spend 110 fucking AUD on a game I know I'll hate, just so they can have another cunt to farm the Dark Zone with, Borderlands style.

Fuck that semi-MMO loot treadmill shit. I don't want to. Can't these cunts just shut the fuck up and fuck off about it? It's killing me.
>>
>>331728926
If you don't want to play the game, don't play the fucking game. Simple. What does it matter if they play it?
>>
No, my best friend says the division looks like shit. He plays war thunder and mount and blade all day while posting pol memes.
>>
>>331729232
>why do people insist on trying to include me

Thats actually a great question, considering you're such a passive-aggressive dickhole.
>>
>>331729232
Holy shit 110 AUD, hahah what is wrong with your country
>>
>>331729307

I don't have a problem with THEM playing it. They have a problem with me NOT playing it.

They literally won't shut the fuck up about it. I've explained on numerous occasions how I don't like Ubisoft as a company, how I'll find The Division puerile and I'll get sick of it quickly, and how I'd rather get AIDS than play the fucking thing on a console - yet, every FUCKING day I have to listen to them badger me about buying the cunt of a thing. They're fucking retarded and if I didn't know them personally I'd accuse them of being on Ubisofts payroll.
>>
NICE BLOG BUDDY.
>>
File: 1452756537723.jpg (26 KB, 478x483) Image search: [Google]
1452756537723.jpg
26 KB, 478x483
>>331728926
Guy I used to work with would never shut up about Assassin's Creed.
I remember he got legitimately mad with me when I told him that 3 wasn't looking so good.
>>
File: 1454104345778.jpg (18 KB, 480x389) Image search: [Google]
1454104345778.jpg
18 KB, 480x389
I have clingy online friends. Every time I go online people ask me to RP with them or ask about my life, I'm not into that shit I just want to play my fucking vidya.

but I can't block them because being the retard I am I gave them my personal contact info so they will just bother me IRL
>>
>>331729480
You just seem really butthurt about Ubisoft
>>
>>331729818

Another Ubisoft title.

I'm beginning to think Ubisoft puts something in their games which actively inhibits cognitive function.
>>
>>331729857

Legitimately one of the worst video game companies, by far. One of the numerous tumours killing video games.
>>
>>331729857
yeah, especially considering the other 2 probably don't even know (or care) what ubisoft is
>>
>>331728926
OP, you are the shitty friend.

They want to play a fun co-op game with you and your excuse is "fuck Ubisoft." You owe it to your friends to give it a shot. Worst case you're out $60 and some shit company gets $60 more than they should've. Like that fucking matters in the grand scheme of things, you're friends already gave them twice that much.

I guarantee you will enjoy yourself if you're not such an insufferable cunt. And for the record, The Division isn't that bad at all and it crosses into "really good" territory with friends.
>>
>>331728926
OP, you are going about refusing them all wrong.

Also, your "dignified taste" in games means jackshit to them and us.

If you really believe the Division sucks, countershill with a game you think is actually better.

You're actual friends with these people right. You should at least have the guts to suggest a game to them as they have to you.

If you don't actually have a game you think is better, then just fucking play the Division with them. Your standards are too high.
>>
>>331730082

I'M the cunt for standing my ground and saying that I won't enjoy myself? My excuse isn't "fuck Ubisoft"; that's ONE of the reasons I'm opposed to playing it, the fundamental game mechanics of "shoot 4 different types of human and get loot" is the most basic shit ever and I'd rather not fork out money for tripe like that.

>waste money on something you'll hate or YOU'RE THE CUNT

Thanks man. Awesome. What's Ubisoft pay you?
>>
>>331729232
>>331729480
Dude, stop fucking sperging about your objectively superior taste and ethical reasons for not wanting to play it and just tell them you're not interested in it and will not buy it.
>>
if the only thing you talk about when you get together is The Division then you probably aren;t that compatible with them anyways
>>
File: absolute horror.gif (710 KB, 140x130) Image search: [Google]
absolute horror.gif
710 KB, 140x130
>2016
>people actively defend Ubisoft and The Division on /v/

It truly is the end times.

>>331728926

Get new friends.
>>
>>331728926
>game recommendation
>affects relationship
You're a fucking cunt.
>>
>>331730082
>you owe it to your friends

no he fucking doesn't fuck off shill. he doesn't owe anyone jack shit he doesn't have to do jack shit.
>>
File: 1455134299583.jpg (96 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
1455134299583.jpg
96 KB, 500x730
>>331730082
Why would he waste $60 on a shitty game for some assholes at work, who will probably move on to the next big thing in a couple of weeks.
>>
Start pestering them to buy a game you have instead, they'll quickly stop pestering you once they're put in the same situation and don't like it. Or they will buy the game and play with you. It's a win/win so why not?
>>
>>331728926
You sound like an ass, but you should just tell them you aren't interested and drop it that. Don't go into excessive details, just learn to ignore it, say no, and move on.

Because while you're an ass, they sound like the idiot types that only care if a game is 'fun'. Good and bad don't matter. Division could be a masterpiece and they wouldn't be able to tell you why, they just care about mindless fun.

That kinda thing is manageable with shitty f2p stuff you don't expect much of to begin with like, say, league or some crap, but it ain't worth dropping 60 bucks or twenty million kangaroo kredits or whatever currency you have.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you gotta learn when it's best to keep that opinion to yourself and instead just shrug and say 'nah, not my cup of tea'.
>>
>>331730515
Literally nobody is defending Ubisoft and only one guy actually said the Division is fun. A bad game isn't worth losing "pretty good" friends over. OP needs to put his foot down about not getting the game in a way that is not completely fucking CWC-tier autistic and move on with his life.
>>
My work colleagues play ESO. A lot.

I haven't even seen screenshots of it but my opinion is given to me by 4chan these days.

Not as of my shit internet could handle an mmo anyway.
>>
>>331730361
friends don't have a very varied taste in games due to being mostly consoletards

I started playing dishonored the other day, I don't get why that game got so much hate
>Dishonored? Isn't that the medieval game where you teleport around?
Sorta
>I don't know anon, I prefer games where people react to you
What do you mean by that exactly?
>Like the guards in skyrim, you can actually walk up and have a full blown conversation with them
Oh, this is a stealth game, you don't really do that stuff
>Yeah I don't like that, skyrim did blah blah blah

Stopped listening to him after he mentioned skyrim a second time, then the subject was promptly changed and all was good.
>>
>>331728926

cool blog post
>>
File: cunt-ku.png (47 KB, 906x800) Image search: [Google]
cunt-ku.png
47 KB, 906x800
>Playing MH4U
>Friend and I in G3 at the moment
>He wants Star Knight armor
>Discovers he needs that one specific event quest
>Say to him he could just find somebody with the quest online to do it
>He insists on using Powersaves to get the tickets needed

He already cheated in some Chaotic Gore Magala parts that were pretty trivial to get, they weren't even those 2-4% drops. Now I predict he's going to go on some slippery slope that will end with him cheating in everything and then lose interest in playing the game by spoiling it for himself.

And he's also wanting me to play fucking BL2 again since his shit PC doesn't get a hardware-related BSOD on it anymore.

>>331730986
I've been told Scrollocaust has better quests overall than Skyrim, so that's something at least. Still, even with no subscription required now I'm not really convinced to play it either.
>>
>>331730082
t.ubi marketing team
>>
Rented the game it's shit don't fall for it.
>>
File: It can't be helped!.jpg (273 KB, 1480x924) Image search: [Google]
It can't be helped!.jpg
273 KB, 1480x924
>>331728926
>people on /v/ are unironically using the world shilling to describe two IRL people liking a game and hoping their friend can play it with them

I don't much care for The Division either, but they deserve better friends than you, OP. /v/ has destroyed you and there is nothing of worth left to salvage.
>>
it's not that big a deal, OP is just venting, i'm sure we all have/had/imagined normie friends trying to drag us into CoD/FIFA/Destiny all the fucking time.

but instead lets turn this into an opportunity to raise autism awareness. you are all very charitable people.
>>
>>331731597
I have autism please donate to my patreon
>>
>>331728926
I'm pretty much an elitist fuck and I think my tastes in everything I enjoy, such as music, books, movies and games, are better than everyone elses. Anytime anyone recommends me something, I'll pretty much scoff at them and tell them why I don't like it, and maybe even continue on to explain why what I do like is better. It's a really good way to keep people away.
>>
>>331729846

what

so you don't give these people any attention, or not very much, and they still fucking talk to you? how do you do it?
>>
I don't have any friends.
>>
>>331730464

This guy knows wassup.
>>
Jesus Christ OP is a faggot holy shit.
>>
>>331730402
find a way to try it, rent or have someone lend it to you, if on console have one of your friend share his account with you. It's not a great game but it is definitely fun with friends, unless you don't like playing with them then your stance makes sense

in your situation, I would try the game but I would also make them try games that I want to play
>>
you obviously should leave your friends because they arent important enough for you to overlook a fucking taste in a stupid manchild hobby

i swallowed this bait perfectly
>>
>disgraceful taste in video games
>actually affecting our friendship

You sound like the bitch here OP. I don't own, nor do I care about The Division but from what I heard it's pretty decent. And your friends want you to join them. Fair enough but I would tell them and make it clear I have no interest in the game and leave it at that.
>>
Just say you;re not interested in it. Its not hard. They'll get the message eventually just dont be a dick about it
>>
shitty friend thread

> friend whine about my bloodborne machine
> tell him I'm going to upgrade my Pc
> went from quad core 4gb to i7-6700k 16gb kept shitty radeon hd 6870 waiting for Pascal
> friend has an i7-4970k and 8gb of ram
> keeps telling me, I fell for the meme and I should have asked for his advice
>>
NORMIES GTFO
>>
>>331728926
I dont have any friends.
>>
>>331729446
We have retards like him who would actually pay $100+ for a game.
Instead of just buying a key for $60 AUD.

That's whats wrong with our country.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 550x778) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 550x778
>>331728926
>tfw that Shity Friend is my only friend
>without him I get lonely fast
>>
I know the feeling OP, not with The Division though
>Had this friend since High School
>I've got aspergers syndrome and he makes an autism joke nearly every 20 seconds or so
>Wants me to play SMITE with him
>Tell him no since MOBAs bore the shit out of me
>Tells me "It's because you're autistic.'
He got really angry when I said
>No, it's because you have shit taste.
>>
>>331738135
What a faggot.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.