[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo officially denies Nikkei rumor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: Nintendo Power Final Issue.jpg (17 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Power Final Issue.jpg
17 KB, 196x257
http://gonintendo.com/stories/254578-nintendo-denies-reports-of-wii-production-ending

That was fast. On top of everything else we've uncovered about the issue, we can officially dismiss this rumor.
>>
Yay.

Too bad the NX bandwagon is still going strong. We don't even know jack squat about it and every hardcore blind Nintendo fanboy demands one to release already.
>>
>>331716251
>That was fast
Of course it was fast. Staying quiet, or responding with "We don't respond to rumors", would have a negative effect on their stock.
>>
Because Nintendo never lies, right? DS third pillar anyone?
>>
>n-no we are not stopping Wii U production
>please go buy 10 and our exclusive censored games for babies
They're still pretty desperate regardless
>>
yeesh Nintendo haters are getting desperate
what will they try next
>>
Relative to how quick info on the internet spreads, they were pretty slow. A simple tweet could have put an end to those rumors in a snap.
>>
>>331716704
Shills found already
>>
>The report didn't come from us
That means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>331716994
They had to think how they would respond to something they don't want the public to know. They didn't deny it's happening, they denied the report came from them.
>>
>>331716251
Anon stop! We were doing so well with the "uninformed shitposting thread #23957823465!"
>>
>>331716251
To late I'm already pissed off since this whole fiasco made me realize how much I hate my Wii U

Its just a Hyrule warriors machine

Fuck i'm even tempted to get an Xbox 1 even though I own a PS4 thats how fucked I feel.
>>
>>331716251
>That report didn't come from us

But they didn't deny it
>>
>>331717138
It does, actually, although shills are denying it. If the information didn't come from them... How would Nikkei have gotten a hold of it?

Answer: They're politely saying that Nikkei is making shit up again.
>>
>>331717481
>>331717204
>>331717138
Anti-Nintendo shitposters are getting desperate.
>>
>>331717504
Corporate leaks are thing that happen way too often.
>>
>>331717618
>b-b-but
>>
>>331717618
Yeah, they were really counting on this report to overshadow how well Miitomo and Pokken are doing.
>>
>>331717504
>again
is this not the first time?
>>
>>331717815

Dude holy shit.
That's it.

I bet a whole load of cash that they made up this nonsense rumor or were fed this nonsense rumor just to fuck with Nintendo after having good things happen.

Nintendo stock went up 8% because of Miitomo. Maybe someone wanted to bring it back down?
>>
>>331718024
They were the ones that started the "WiiU runs on Android software", which Nintendo also debunked.

I don't know what else they have done but I have heard people say that they have said similar falsely negative things about Nintendo in the past in addition to these.
>>
>>331718024
Nikkei have stated rumors that ended up being fake before. Nintendo also lied about discontinuing DSi and DSiXL in the past. So it's hard to know who's telling the truth here.
>>
>>331718024
Nikkei is pretty good about leaks that they publish.
http://tinycartridge.com/post/24418200096/the-big-nintendo-3ds-rumor
>We're not making a bigger 3DS

There's another one about NX running android.
>>
>>331716251
Nintendo always denies shit that ends up happening.
>>
>>331716251

What are they supposed to say?

"Yes, we're continuing the Wii U this year despite having revealed no plans for what we'll be doing in the future. Please don't buy any more Wii Us because we won't be supporting that platform for much longer."

You are actually completely fucking braindead if you think a denial from Nintendo actually means anything. Their stock would plummet if they admitted they were cancelling production of their only current home console without even having anything else concrete on the horizon.
>>
>>331718441
*discontinuing
>>
wait a minute why would anybody believe nintendo? they have every reason to deny the rumor and literally NO reason to admit it's true
>>
>>331716865
when will you realize that all games are for babies.
>>
>>331718034
>MUH BOOGEYMAN

Jesus, man.
>>
>>331718034
I wouldn't go that far, but we've known for a long while that the media has a bias against Nintendo. That much is true. You only have to look at NEOgaf to see this in action.

I'd say the fact that they made a big mess out of this (Now debunked) rumor and not addressed Miitomo or Pokken doing well more than speaks for itself.
>>
>>331719126
Nintendo didn't really make any mess though. It just happened. We are the only people who made any fanfare.
>>
>>331719126
>debunked
They denied the report came from them, they never denied they're ceasing production this year. Use your reading comprehension skills, and stop believing in stupid shit, like conspiracies against Nintendo.
>>
>>331719251
It happens to them all the time. They even bring it up in investor's meetings at this point. It's simply not all that hard for them to dismiss stories like this that might get them negative press.

As a side note, this is why Nintendo doesn't go to E3 anymore and pushes services like Miiverse and MyNintendo. They really, really want these shitters to become irrelevant.
>>
>>331719518
> IT Media has a more definitive comment from Nintendo. “This is not an announcement from our company,” Nintendo told the website. “Production is scheduled to continue on and after the next quarter.”

Fuck you and your shitty rumors.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.